Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: A successful Kam-paign. Kolek-t the hardware.  (Read 6920 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: A successful Kam-paign. Kolek-t the hardware.
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2023, 11:44:14 AM »
I feel like most of what has been said about O-Max in last night's game has been about one regrettable decision toward the end of the game - but at least that followed a really nice rebound.

But I want to take a contrary point. Watching the game last night, I felt like something switched in O-Max. I'm not sure if it was late in the first half or early in the second. Over the last several games, I've felt like O-Max had been playing out of control and scared. Many of us have commented about him falling down all the time. He didn't look confident. During the game last night I commented to my wife several times that O-Max suddenly looked more confident and was playing more confident. He didn't seem nearly as tentative as he had been for several games and had a good look in his eyes. He only hit the floor once or twice. I think it was kind of subtle, but I really do think that he turned a corner.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I had a sense that O-Max is "back." Which is fantastic because he's a big piece of the puzzle when the team is playing well.

Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2023, 11:49:41 AM »
I feel like most of what has been said about O-Max in last night's game has been about one regrettable decision toward the end of the game - but at least that followed a really nice rebound.

But I want to take a contrary point. Watching the game last night, I felt like something switched in O-Max. I'm not sure if it was late in the first half or early in the second. Over the last several games, I've felt like O-Max had been playing out of control and scared. Many of us have commented about him falling down all the time. He didn't look confident. During the game last night I commented to my wife several times that O-Max suddenly looked more confident and was playing more confident. He didn't seem nearly as tentative as he had been for several games and had a good look in his eyes. He only hit the floor once or twice. I think it was kind of subtle, but I really do think that he turned a corner.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I had a sense that O-Max is "back." Which is fantastic because he's a big piece of the puzzle when the team is playing well.

Just watched and agree. Outside of one play, he was playing in control and smart. Think the switch has been flipped again, hope the play towards the end doesn't mess with his aggressiveness
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2023, 12:00:39 PM »
I heard he wrote a letter.....
Goal is National Championship

Goose

• All American
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2023, 12:45:02 PM »
Omax

Played a very solid game last night and was far more in control. He stayed on his feet and was disruptive on defense. A positive step forward, imo.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2023, 12:53:12 PM »
Omax

Played a very solid game last night and was far more in control. He stayed on his feet and was disruptive on defense. A positive step forward, imo.

Yes. Really outside that one play he was pretty solid.    Everyone had a bad play or two last night either bad passes that were turned over or goofy fouls, etc.   So, Goo Omax!   We need ya!

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2023, 12:55:41 PM »
A significant part of the anticlimactic feeling at the end of the game was that the last couple of minutes took forever because of the fouling and parade to the free throw line. That game shouldn’t have come down to that.

25% of the crowd and half the student section leaving early didn't help. It was just a weird feeling how that ended. Hopefully next Saturday will be more of a celebratory feel as it is certainly deserved. The first half was sure fun.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2023, 01:06:49 PM »
Again, Shaka wasn't playing that game seriously. He was testing out little used lineups and different sub patterns. He had to put the starters in at the end to close it out and they came in cold. I'm really not worried

Kind of like the Butler game. It will help us if we get into foul trouble in the tourney or play a funky matchup.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2023, 01:36:04 PM »
Still

The second half was hard to watch, especially after a high energy first half. IMO, the second half was an experiment that made the game closer. There were a couple of one-on-one plays by the younger guys that I think they will learn from watching the tape. If I had bet on the game I would be upset with the second half, I did not and only upset because I was hoping for a slew of second half dunks from MU, not DePaul.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2023, 07:35:06 PM »
25% of the crowd and half the student section leaving early didn't help. It was just a weird feeling how that ended. Hopefully next Saturday will be more of a celebratory feel as it is certainly deserved. The first half was sure fun.

The armed riot police ringing the court didn't help the environment.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2023, 08:30:20 PM »
I think part of the .. non-celebratory mood .. is that MU Nation is unfamiliar with where we are.  It's been too many years and too many Februaries where things look great and fall apart with the team hitting a 6 game skid.   Now MU looks like a contender, with dreams of a Final Four.

Watching DePaul put up 56 points in the 2H .. watching them be unstoppable .. watching Kolek slam the ball down after yet another easy DePaul bucket .. gives us all flashback nightmares.  Maybe this team isn't as good as people say.  Maybe MU flames out like the past ~decade. Maybe Lucy is just about to pull the ball away from Charlie Brown and send him flying yet again.

MU fans have PTSD.   Some need some time to acclimate to success again.

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2023, 09:25:09 PM »
Thread title on point

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2023, 09:38:52 PM »
I think part of the .. non-celebratory mood .. is that MU Nation is unfamiliar with where we are.  It's been too many years and too many Februaries where things look great and fall apart with the team hitting a 6 game skid.   Now MU looks like a contender, with dreams of a Final Four.

Watching DePaul put up 56 points in the 2H .. watching them be unstoppable .. watching Kolek slam the ball down after yet another easy DePaul bucket .. gives us all flashback nightmares.  Maybe this team isn't as good as people say.  Maybe MU flames out like the past ~decade. Maybe Lucy is just about to pull the ball away from Charlie Brown and send him flying yet again.

MU fans have PTSD.   Some need some time to acclimate to success again.

Sure, ok.

There is NOTHING confusing about being Big East Champions, however.

Hopefully this upcoming Saturday we get a party that is indicative of that from everyone in the building.
The students should start it, the players and coaches have earned it, and the sweater vests should embrace it.

feedback