Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: A successful Kam-paign. Kolek-t the hardware.  (Read 6919 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: A successful Kam-paign. Kolek-t the hardware.
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2023, 09:30:24 PM »
Had to turn it off when up 20, then back on only up 6. Shaka mentioned in the postgame a tense interaction between TyKo and OMax, said great teams use it to get better. Anyone able to share what the “altercation” was?

It was when OMax went up with a quick shot after an offensive rebound with less than a minute left. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2023, 09:31:31 PM »
Had to turn it off when up 20, then back on only up 6. Shaka mentioned in the postgame a tense interaction between TyKo and OMax, said great teams use it to get better. Anyone able to share what the “altercation” was?

I’ll assume when it was in the last minute, OMax got a great offensive board but instead of kicking it out to use clock, went up, got swatted and led to a DePaul dunk. Gave DePaul life instead of extinguishing it.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2023, 09:32:08 PM »

Omax got a late offensive rebound late and tried to score instead of kicking the ball out and take time off the clock. Kolek was hot and 50%+ correct but maybe handled poorly.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2023, 09:32:31 PM »
Who's listening to the post-game? Homer keeps saying "chomps" and "chompions"? I'm not a Wisconsite, but am a midwesterner, but that pronunciation seems odd and incorrect.

Either way, MU has guaranteed at least a tie for first place in the regular season! Chomps and champs!!

Homer's from Indiana.

I'm also from Indiana, and I've never heard it pronounced that way. Just before Shaka came on, he said it differently a couple of times, but then reverted. Frankly, he sounded a bit buzzed. Which is ok, given that achievement of a chompionship. I might be a bit buzzed meself.  ;)

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2023, 09:33:43 PM »
Appreciate it guys. That’s leadership sometimes, for both guys

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2023, 09:49:01 PM »
Big East champs but Marquette lost the second half.

Is Shaka the right guy?  Think Shaka-Deane Dukiet is on the hot seat
There
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2023, 09:55:24 PM »
What was strange to me was Kam was on fire and he was subbed several times, not same shooter again.
Goal is National Championship

TipToe Incognito

• Walk-On
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2023, 10:10:34 PM »
Not the greatest second half… but a win nonetheless. Big east champions… wow!!!
And a very real possibility to be ranked better than ninth this coming week after being picked ninth in the big east.

As Tyler said, f*** em

Hope they keep sleeping, we’ll wake em up in march  ;)

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2023, 10:25:00 PM »

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2023, 10:37:57 PM »

Omax grabbed an offensive board with under 2 mins left. Instead of kicking it back out to use to the clock, he went right back up with it. The shot was blocked, Omax went sprawling to the floor, and DePaul got a quick/easy bucket in transition. Tyler was pissed!!!!

Judge Smails

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2023, 10:47:16 PM »
It was a great rebound from Omax - one of those great hustle plays that we’ve seen from him so many times. But his situational awareness was terrible once he secured the board.

Congrats MU on the BE title!!!  What a season!!! Can’t wait for March!!!

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2023, 10:47:30 PM »

Omax got a late offensive rebound late and tried to score instead of kicking the ball out and take time off the clock. Kolek was hot and 50%+ correct but maybe handled poorly.

I just watched the end of the game.  Kolek yelled at OMax both right after he got the board and then again across the whole court after DePaul came down and got a dunk.   

At the end of the ensuing timeout, Kolek went and gave Omax five and slapped him on the chest as if to say, “don’t worry about it, shake it off.”  And maybe “sorry I got pissed at you and yelled at you”.  Heated in the moment, but they both seemed to get past it. 

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2023, 10:50:23 PM »
Watched the first half and had to leave for an ill-timed concert.  Guess I won’t be watching the 2nd half…

Sure beats losing to Depaul.  And a conference title.  Oso got some rest and Gold got some good minutes. And Kam can shoot….

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2023, 10:55:46 PM »
The game was never in doubt. Got out of rhythm early in the second half and not never got back on track. Anyone who thought the game was in doubt, not sure what you were watching.

After we went up big in the first, Shaka seemed to use the opportunity to give the bench some run, try out different line up combos (some small ball, even a jumbo package with Gold and Oso), and maybe give the starters a little load management.  I think that disrupted a lot of the flow.  He would then reinsert the starters when things started getting shaky, but Oso’s foul trouble complicated it down the stretch.  I think if he was really worried, we would have seen a lot more of the starters and probably wouldn’t have felt as disjointed.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2023, 11:00:55 PM »
Watched the first half and had to leave for an ill-timed concert.  Guess I won’t be watching the 2nd half…

Sure beats losing to Depaul.  And a conference title.  Oso got some rest and Gold got some good minutes. And Kam can shoot….

Really looking forward to Gold next couple years.  His shooting will get much more consistent.  He can score in different ways too.  Not afraid at all to mix it up inside.  He clearly belongs at this level and another offseason of strength and skill refinement, really believe he’s going to be a solid contributor. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2023, 11:14:28 PM »
It was when OMax went up with a quick shot after an offensive rebound with less than a minute left.

And that just can’t happen.  Unless you have a dunk that ball has to go back out to make them foul.  There were two DePaul guys right there to contest his shot.  He’s in his third year of college, no excuse for doing that.  That can lead to a loss against good teams. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 11:16:53 PM by HutchwasClutch »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2023, 11:30:08 PM »
Honestly, Shaka was f*cking around with different lineups and rotations. We didn't follow our normal sub pattern and played several lineups that don't typically get used often for long stretches. Shaka knew weren't losing that game and wanted to experiment.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2023, 12:34:16 AM »
The game was never in doubt. Got out of rhythm early in the second half and not never got back on track. Anyone who thought the game was in doubt, not sure what you were watching.

Some of us watched gamecast because of amazing wives that got us fancy dinner thst happened to conflict with game times

felt sweaty, but ok.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2023, 12:43:36 AM »
Was it meat sweats? Arby’s?

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2023, 12:48:56 AM »
I was traveling for a concert we've been dying to get to for 3+ years and watching during the opening act. It never felt in doubt, just annoyingly not final. Call it the Louisville rule, but I don't feel great unless we're up 18 with 4 minutes left

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2023, 05:59:18 AM »
Honestly, Shaka was f*cking around with different lineups and rotations. We didn't follow our normal sub pattern and played several lineups that don't typically get used often for long stretches. Shaka knew weren't losing that game and wanted to experiment.

Hmm...got a technical, wanted to see how the team would respond.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2023, 06:44:31 AM »
Who's listening to the post-game? Homer keeps saying "chomps" and "chompions"? I'm not a Wisconsite, but am a midwesterner, but that pronunciation seems odd and incorrect.

Either way, MU has guaranteed at least a tie for first place in the regular season! Chomps and champs!!

Thats his schtick. It’s annoying. I really believe these MU games are an annoyance to him, as he rather would discuss Aaron Rodgers 24/7.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2023, 06:53:38 AM »
Why would anyone intentionally listen to Homer? I'd prefer a Pete Gillen / Dickey Simpkins tag team.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2023, 06:57:42 AM »
Why would anyone intentionally listen to Homer? I'd prefer a Pete Gillen / Dickey Simpkins tag team.
Because he interviews Shaka 10 minutes after that game.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2023, 07:07:12 AM »
And that just can’t happen.  Unless you have a dunk that ball has to go back out to make them foul.  There were two DePaul guys right there to contest his shot.  He’s in his third year of college, no excuse for doing that.  That can lead to a loss against good teams.

absolutely right on HC!  i'm sure there was a special moment in the locker room post game addressing this.  i don't even want to consider the alternative ending, but omax owes his team mates as this could have ended badly leading to many a sleepless night.
don't...don't don't don't don't