* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUDPT
[Today at 11:36:04 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 09:27:42 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by HutchwasClutch
[June 01, 2024, 07:03:02 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Season Tickets  (Read 1962 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Season Tickets
« on: February 23, 2023, 02:04:46 PM »
There have been discussions in past seasons about whether people will keep their season tickets or drop them due to the declining state of the program.

Well, given that we're 2 wins away from an outright Big East title with 3 games to play, with a team that can return everyone, what's the thought on season tickets for next season?

I assume anyone who currently has season tickets will continue with them.  Are people who don't just going to rely on the mini packs plus wait until good ticket deals are available for individual games?  Are people going to go all in on full season tickets?

Did the marketing department do its job so well in making attractive deals on tickets for the big games make them in turn do a horrible job by making season tickets make less sense to buy?

I was always able to mooch off my parents' season tickets to go to games, and they'd be generous enough to buy tickets if more people in our family wanted to go than number of tickets they had.  If I were living in Milwaukee, I think next year would be the first time I'd buy season tickets, and I'd probably plan to continue on with them as long as Shaka is here.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Season Tickets
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 02:06:24 PM »
I’m not deciding until I know where we’re ranked in the preseason coaches poll
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 02:13:23 PM »
wades

Tickets are going to become a hot commodity in short order. I cannot remember the excitement level being this high in a very long time.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 02:34:37 PM »
I didn’t Re-up this year.

My section was about $450 a ticket upper deck.

I’ve gone to all the home games I wanted to and was able to and haven’t hit $350 yet. This includes lower bowl seats for Baylor, creighton, Nova, and Xavier.

Upper bowl middle court first 2-3 rows for UW, Providence, butler, depaul and seats for St Johns.

So while I will maybe get season tickets again next year, i saved money and had far better seats this year for multiple games.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2023, 02:38:42 PM »
fjm

That is what I have done for quite a few years now. I outsmarted myself last year and way overpaid for NMD, but was still ahead money compared to buying season tickets. I agree, if done right you can have very good seats at a reasonable cost.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2023, 02:39:16 PM »
Sh!t. Sorry wades I didn’t answer a single one of your questions haha.

Ok so I did the be a student plan, so you get lower bowl seats. Then did a lot of Ticketmaster for games. Don’t use stubhub. Ticketmaster has all the seats that MU hasn’t sold. I buy the craptiest seats in the upper deck and just move middle court and go all the way down.

Tickets for UW as always are pricy. But that’s how I did basically 10 games for under $350 and skipped cupcakes.

However. As goose said… this may change in the future with demand, which is a good thing! But, not to be a cheapskate here, there are endzone seats upper deck for $125 a seat for season tickets and then you could always get in with those and sit basically anywhere you want except for big games when it’s full. But then at least you have seats minimum.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2023, 02:39:43 PM »
fjm

That is what I have done for quite a few years now. I outsmarted myself last year and way overpaid for NMD, but was still ahead money compared to buying season tickets. I agree, if done right you can have very good seats at a reasonable cost.

You doin season tickets next year boss?

Sawsi

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2023, 02:40:48 PM »
There have been discussions in past seasons about whether people will keep their season tickets or drop them due to the declining state of the program.

Well, given that we're 2 wins away from an outright Big East title with 3 games to play, with a team that can return everyone, what's the thought on season tickets for next season?

I assume anyone who currently has season tickets will continue with them.  Are people who don't just going to rely on the mini packs plus wait until good ticket deals are available for individual games?  Are people going to go all in on full season tickets?

Did the marketing department do its job so well in making attractive deals on tickets for the big games make them in turn do a horrible job by making season tickets make less sense to buy?

I was always able to mooch off my parents' season tickets to go to games, and they'd be generous enough to buy tickets if more people in our family wanted to go than number of tickets they had.  If I were living in Milwaukee, I think next year would be the first time I'd buy season tickets, and I'd probably plan to continue on with them as long as Shaka is here.

I have had my season tickets since I was 4 in '92 when my mom was secretary to Fr DiUlio and then Wild.  I mooched a ton and took them over when I turned 18.  I never went to Marquette and still have kept them to this day. This year and last has been a breath of fresh air and I enjoy it a great deal.  I don't think I'll ever give the tickets up and hate to think of the day my mom passes and those rare points for us poor folk can't be transfered over. 

Edit: spelling at the bar due to snow day
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 02:43:16 PM by Sawsi »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2023, 02:47:25 PM »
Edit: spelling at the bar due to snow day

It's Lent but Scoop ain't confession.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2023, 02:48:55 PM »
Sawsi

The MU employee ticket deal is the best. My in-laws had them for 35+ years and they were great seats at a great price.

Sawsi

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2023, 02:52:08 PM »
It's Lent but Scoop ain't confession.

My people!  Keep it Southside Milwaukee holy :)

Sawsi

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2023, 02:54:15 PM »
Sawsi

The MU employee ticket deal is the best. My in-laws had them for 35+ years and they were great seats at a great price.

We had it back then but since I took over she has been states away and paying that full price.  Upper deck is the bang for the buck!  I still remember having Richard Shaw being my coach at summer camp "for free".

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2023, 02:55:40 PM »
I’ll keep doing mini plan, supplemented by a couple of games, plus DePaul away and one more road game.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2023, 03:11:07 PM »
There are great advantages to being a STH.
Namely, the ability to purchase tickets to marquee games (UW, NMD, ND next year).
If you know what you’re doing you can have your season tickets paid for by others who chose not to be STHs.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2023, 03:14:10 PM »
I’ll likely re-up next year. I’m thinking if I worked the deals, it would be cheaper. But also I’m pretty lazy and already in the cheapest section.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2023, 03:15:25 PM »
I am going to join as a STH next year. Wife is getting me them for my bday
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2023, 03:22:21 PM »
I’ve had season tickets since the
Deane years …. It has gotten really expensive, but overall is worth it

I think after this year, MU will be selling more season tickets

Go Warriors!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2023, 04:47:19 PM »
We had it back then but since I took over she has been states away and paying that full price.  Upper deck is the bang for the buck!  I still remember having Richard Shaw being my coach at summer camp "for free".

You got what you paid for in terms of coaches, aina?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2023, 04:54:23 PM »
I don't think I'll be getting DePaul season tickets next year. I was hopeful this new coach of theirs would get the program together, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Sawsi

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2023, 04:58:05 PM »
You got what you paid for in terms of coaches, aina?

Ride or die Ziggy, ride or die.  I actually just took my son to Dave and busters for shaka and chase.  Been wanting to do this since I was childless and buzz was at wards.  First time for everything.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2023, 06:36:54 PM »
My people!  Keep it Southside Milwaukee holy :)

Finn n feather where it's at.

Sawsi

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2023, 06:43:02 PM »
Finn n feather where it's at.

Wierdly enough I've never been.  Drivan Range or Eckbar in stallis.  No judgement.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2023, 08:12:52 PM »
Ride or die Ziggy, ride or die.  I actually just took my son to Dave and busters for shaka and chase.  Been wanting to do this since I was childless and buzz was at wards.  First time for everything.

Was talking about Dick Shaw, kin.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2023, 09:27:10 PM »
Wierdly enough I've never been.  Drivan Range or Eckbar in stallis.  No judgement.

How’s Eckbar? 
Ludum habemus.