[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by lawdog77
[Today at 07:14:12 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 07:03:51 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mc-did-it.  (Read 11948 times)

Silent Verbal

• All American
Re: Mc-did-it.
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2023, 10:05:06 PM »
Kam was far too close for comfort on that last heave by Scheierman.  I’m sure there’s some multiverse where the refs call a foul and Creighton sinks three free throws, but let’s be glad we’re not living in it!

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2023, 10:05:52 PM »
Can we win an easy one now so my blood pressure gets a break?

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2023, 10:07:17 PM »
Seems like a bunch of the teams ahead of us in the Top 16 reveal have lost and/or are losing tonight.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2023, 10:15:00 PM »
Kam was far too close for comfort on that last heave by Scheierman.  I’m sure there’s some multiverse where the refs call a foul and Creighton sinks three free throws, but let’s be glad we’re not living in it!

I agree..feel like we got bailed out a little on the call on the inbound play to Kam...that was a pretty minor/tick-tack foul they called on Nembhard, and then it was possible an official could have called Kam for a foul on Scheireman's last second heave.  Brutal play there..gotta be smarter.

We had some dumb fouls/plays tonight, yet still won.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2023, 10:16:23 PM »
Our team has heart

They certainly do.  Heart and toughness won both tonight and Xavier

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2023, 10:17:20 PM »
what happened?  I turned it off
Touché

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2023, 10:20:51 PM »
What a F*cking team we have.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2023, 10:23:07 PM »
Can we win an easy one now so my blood pressure gets a break?

My wife often accompanies me on my visits to my cardiologist. I have sworn her to the strictest secrecy regarding my basketball viewing.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2023, 10:23:21 PM »
Is this the best February fade we’ve had in a while? Farley can you help me out here? Neverbeenawarrior?
No Finish Line

Goose

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2023, 10:26:00 PM »
Snoop

Big win tonight!!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2023, 10:26:09 PM »
I agree..feel like we got bailed out a little on the call on the inbound play to Kam...that was a pretty minor/tick-tack foul they called on Nembhard, and then it was possible an official could have called Kam for a foul on Scheireman's last second heave.  Brutal play there..gotta be smarter.

Didn't like that inbound play. If nobody breaks wide open, you throw it down court with some loop on it so it gets touched at half court. But Kam was definitely fouled; Nembhardt grabbed him around the waist while he was trying to get open.

I liked Kam missing that second FT on purpose.  ;)

Agree that we didn't play smart for stretches, but we played effen hard, and really sucked the wind out of the arena in the second half. Just enough at the end to hold on.

Loved the defense our guards played on theirs. Stevie is a total dog.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Norm

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2023, 10:29:29 PM »
Gritty road win - great effort by the guys. Even though OMax couldn't stay on his feet, those were hustle errors, which I'll take.

Kam Jones, as good as was in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half, made some real bone head decisions with the ball on offense in the last 8 minutes. He was a main reason we went in a 6-minute scoring drought without a made field goal. Chucked some bad early 3's on a couple possessions.

Kolek's two baskets in the last two minutes were huge. Clutch FTs by Oso. Kam got the first two and then caused some serious stress missing those final two.

Loved seeing Shaka's excitement when we made that push between the 13 minute and 8 minute mark in the 2nd half.

Great road win. Looking forward to Saturday v DePaul.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2023, 10:35:23 PM »
Didn't like that inbound play. If nobody breaks wide open, you throw it down court with some loop on it so it gets touched at half court. But Kam was definitely fouled; Nembhardt grabbed him around the waist while he was trying to get open.

Agree that we didn't play smart for stretches, but we played effen hard, and really sucked the wind out of the arena in the second half. Just enough at the end to hold on.

Agreed.

Poor coaching call and there weren’t many.

You can’t inbounds under your hoop there even if you’re covered. Worst case throw to your guy at midcourt via a lob and get it picked and a half court prayer.

That not the story though. The story was HT to the under 8 minute stretch.

Championship pedigree.

Oh, and that was a foul on Kam with a wrap around of the arm

1318WWells

• Starter
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2023, 10:37:40 PM »

Nembhard had both hands on Kam’s waist and yanked him back with the left.

Creighton got the benefit of soft whistles twice with Kalkbrenner: Kolek’s 4th foul looked like a clean block from behind on the double team; and Oso pulled the chair beautifully but called for the foul.

Agreed that Kam could’ve easily been called for a foul at the buzzer.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2023, 10:38:33 PM »
The process is alot faster than some ever could have imagined.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2023, 10:48:10 PM »
Oso pulled the chair beautifully but called for the foul.

Worst call of the night.

Except for that and a few others, refs were fine tonight. Impossible to get 'em all right.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2023, 10:51:17 PM »

Totally agree..have to throw that ball high and to the other end of the court.  I didn't like the timeout call after Kam made the FTs to go up 4 with 9 seconds left - that left us in a position to NOT have a timeout to use on that inbound play after CU made their 2 to cut it to 2.

Thankfully we pulled it out nonetheless...huge win and would have been a heartbreaker to lose that one after coming back from down 12 in the first half.

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2023, 10:54:25 PM »

Oh, and that was a foul on Kam with a wrap around of the arm

Agree that was a foul, but the fact that they let 0.2 seconds off the clock didn't make sense to me.  To my eyes, the fould clearly happened before anyone touched the ball... which I believe means no time should have come off the clock.  I thought the defender had ceased contact by the time the ball was touched.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2023, 10:55:39 PM »
My wife often accompanies me on my visits to my cardiologist. I have sworn her to the strictest secrecy regarding my basketball viewing.
I laugh at my daughter….and say ok here we go…..she said ITS ALWAYS LIKE THIS! Ha

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2023, 10:56:22 PM »
Totally agree..have to throw that ball high and to the other end of the court.  I didn't like the timeout call after Kam made the FTs to go up 4 with 9 seconds left - that left us in a position to NOT have a timeout to use on that inbound play after CU made their 2 to cut it to 2.

Thankfully we pulled it out nonetheless...huge win and would have been a heartbreaker to lose that one after coming back from down 12 in the first half.

I didn't mind the time-out after the FTs. Shaka wanted to keep the guys calm and focused, and wanted to get a couple of specific points across. But I see your point, too.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2023, 10:59:21 PM »
That was the definition of stealing one on the road, whew! I think the right foul call was made on Kam inbounding but also Kam clearly fouled Baylor on the half court heave. But hey, win some and lose some, we'll take it tonight!

mug644

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2023, 11:03:03 PM »
In the same way the refs were smart enough not to call a T on McDermott at the end, they were smart enough not to call a foul on Kam at the end.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2023, 11:07:36 PM »
Was able to make it to the game tonight and have to say it is a great atmosphere.  Very loud (expect for the first 15 minutes of the 2H).

Will also say Creighton fans are as whiny as Madison fans.  They were losing their minds at the end and were even throwing crap on the court.

Great to go into a hostile environment and stick it to them.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2023, 11:09:14 PM »
Scheierman’s pull up 35 footer late in the game helped too, just a terrible decision from him.

Thought Marquette rebounded fairly well, got a couple of unlucky breaks on bricked three pointers (looking at the one off the side of the backboard in the first half) but team rebounding feels much better right now.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2023, 11:10:42 PM »
Was able to make it to the game tonight and have to say it is a great atmosphere.  Very loud (expect for the first 15 minutes of the 2H).

Will also say Creighton fans are as whiny as Madison fans.  They were losing their minds at the end and were even throwing crap on the court.

Great to go into a hostile environment and stick it to them.

Good call - Creighton fans seem very much like Badger fans...