[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Shots fired on Michigan State Campus  (Read 5253 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Shots fired on Michigan State Campus
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2023, 09:20:35 AM »
Fookin' bombs are pretty effective too and any idiot can learn how to make one on the internet. None of this insanity stops until politicians and lawmakers crack down on the perpetrators, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2023, 09:29:15 AM »
Sounds like most of you are for a blanket gun ban and could have solved this tragedy and others if you were in charge. 

Nope. Think again.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2023, 09:30:05 AM »
Fookin' bombs are pretty effective too and any idiot can learn how to make one on the internet. None of this insanity stops until politicians and lawmakers crack down on the perpetrators, hey?

Hasn’t worked so far, hey?  Lock ‘em all up has been working great.  I’ll stick with praying
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2023, 09:30:28 AM »

Right. Because everyone who commits a mass shooting has a reason to be cracked down on right?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2023, 09:39:02 AM »
Except for hunting rifles and shot guns, yeah, why not?  Why do people need guns?

It'd make our LEOs more safe, and eliminate a lot of crime/suicides... right?

So you don't believe in the 2nd Amendment which is absolutely fine.  We have a cultural and societal problem that is extremely disturbing and it's multifaceted.  From the little I've read this particular person was jailed for a prior gun charge.  The fact that he was released and somehow got a gun is very, very, troubling and worth discussing.   We need to find a way to calibrate laws to keep disturbed and evil people from acquiring guns.  We absolutely have to make background checks far more stringent and thwart illegal gun access as well.

Now, as far as why should anyone "need a gun" this is a argument that it not practical or winnable in the United States and is antithetical to our constitution.  I am not a gun owner and have no interest whatsoever.  I find gun enthusiasts, those that own arsenals and brag about them, extremely distasteful.  That said I also know many lawful gun owners, including single women raising children.   I don't think I have the right Hands to tell her she can't protect herself and feel safe. 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 09:42:14 AM by MuggsyB »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2023, 09:41:22 AM »
Hasn’t worked so far, hey?  Lock ‘em all up has been working great.  I’ll stick with praying

Yep, it's all part of God's plan. Those kids gunned down in Sandy Hook? God wanted them all as little angels up in heaven.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2023, 09:49:30 AM »
So you don't believe in the 2nd Amendment which is absolutely fine.  We have a cultural and societal problem that is extremely disturbing and it's multifaceted.  From the little I've read this particular person was jailed for a prior gun charge.  The fact that he was released and somehow got a gun is very, very, troubling and worth discussing.   We need to find a way to calibrate laws to keep disturbed and evil people from acquiring guns.  We absolutely have to make background checks far more stringent and thwart illegal gun access as well.

Now, as far as why should anyone "need a gun" this is a argument that it not practical or winnable in the United States and is antithetical to our constitution.  I am not a gun owner and have no interest whatsoever.  I find gun enthusiasts, those that own arsenals and brag about them, extremely distasteful.  That said I also know many lawful gun owners, including single women raising children.   I don't think I have the right Hands to tell her she can't protect herself and feel safe.

Sure, I believe in the second amendment.  But that doesn't extend to every weapon.  You can't possess an M60 or an RPG legally.  You're missing something important called nuance. 

Furthermore, a really dumb conservative talking point is that we have, "cultural and societal problems" or we have a, "mental health crisis".  Okay cool.  But when it comes time to fund programs to address those problems the answer is always no

I just don't think that the founders of this country had any idea what guns would become.  They were very fallible men, and hoped that the country that they created would adjust the rules as times changed.  But they were wrong.  We're stupid.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2023, 09:51:28 AM »

So then I assume guns and bombs kill the same amount of people in America, hey?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2023, 09:55:44 AM »
So you don't believe in the 2nd Amendment which is absolutely fine.  We have a cultural and societal problem that is extremely disturbing and it's multifaceted.  From the little I've read this particular person was jailed for a prior gun charge.  The fact thaf he was released and somehow got a gun is very, very, troubling and worth discussing.   We need to find a way to calibrate laws to keep disturbed and evil people from acquiring guns.  We absolutely have to make background checks far more stringent and thwart illegal gun access as well.

I believe it is not 1791. And I believe single shot muskets are no longer the gun of choice.

I also believe the National Defense Act by Congress of 1916 modernized the 1791 amendment that was written for militias against foreign invasion and insurrection.

I also believe the 2nd amendment was intentionally not written in the same way as the 1st amendment.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2023, 10:14:03 AM »

Didn't you say this about a first grader that shot their teacher not long ago?
Maigh Eo for Sam

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2023, 10:33:07 AM »
Sure, I believe in the second amendment.  But that doesn't extend to every weapon.  You can't possess an M60 or an RPG legally.  You're missing something important called nuance. 

Furthermore, a really dumb conservative talking point is that we have, "cultural and societal problems" or we have a, "mental health crisis".  Okay cool.  But when it comes time to fund programs to address those problems the answer is always no

I just don't think that the founders of this country had any idea what guns would become.  They were very fallible men, and hoped that the country that they created would adjust the rules as times changed.  But they were wrong.  We're stupid.

I actually do think we have a "cultural and societal problem" just not the one that is often peddled at times like this. We have a problem with gun culture in this country. There is a country-wide fascination and a reverence for them that just doesn't exist in other countries. I watch my sister's kid who just turned five and everything is already a gun to him. He picks up a stick? It's a gun. He picks up a fork? It's a gun. He picks up my daughter's doll? It's a gun. Nothing to pick up? His fingers are guns. And this isn't new behavior, I think it's been going on for at least a year now. Now every little boy who is obsessed with guns doesn't grow up to be a shooter or even a gun owner, but I don't think that can be healthy.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2023, 10:41:32 AM »
Right. Because everyone who commits a mass shooting has a reason to be cracked down on right?

Add in mental health issues as well, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2023, 10:48:52 AM »

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2023, 10:50:23 AM »
Gun bans still don't address sick-minded, deranged, humans, aina?

Weird that mental illness apparently doesn't exist in other developed nations huh, Biff. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2023, 10:51:55 AM »

Pure, unadulterated comedy. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2023, 10:54:06 AM »

Sure. Now add significant funding to deal with mental health issues. Let's put several  social workers on every metro police force. Let's enact red-flag laws that keep guns out of the hands of those exhibiting signs of mental health issues. Let's put a team of child psychologists in every school district. Let's do those things and more to address this issue that you obviously consider crucial.

Or let's not really want to spend the money, let's not really want to aid the police, let's not really want to make our schools safer, and let's not really want to change gun laws at all ... but let's keep mentioning "mental health issues" because that makes it sound A-OK that there are way more guns than people in America.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2023, 10:55:51 AM »
  you're an idiot!

Why do you think it is the gun violence and mass shootings occur at this level year after year after year in the United States and not in other wealthy, developed nations? 

Would love to hear it.  Mental illness is not exclusive to the United States.  Poverty is not exclusive to the United States.  Violent video games and programming are not exclusive to the United States.  But this level of gun violence sure f*cking is. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2023, 10:58:09 AM »
Money isn't the issue. Hell, fookin' Evers wants to spent $290 mil on enhancing Am Fam Field. Politicians, on both sides of the aisle, sell out for the vote and that's where this all starts and should end, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2023, 11:00:03 AM »
Money isn't the issue. Hell, fookin' Evers wants to spent $290 mil on enhancing Am Fam Field. Politicians, on both sides of the aisle, sell out for the vote and that's where this all starts and should end, hey?

We need politicians to start selling out to mental health interests instead of gun interests then

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2023, 11:08:47 AM »
I believe it is not 1791. And I believe single shot muskets are no longer the gun of choice.

I also believe the National Defense Act by Congress of 1916 modernized the 1791 amendment that was written for militias against foreign invasion and insurrection.

I also believe the 2nd amendment was intentionally not written in the same way as the 1st amendment.

Should a single mom or young woman  living in a violent neighborhood or in the middle of nowhere have the right to protect herself?  And as far as the potential government going tyrannical are you saying that's no longer conceivable?  Was it conceivable in Europe less than 100 yrs ago?

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2023, 11:12:31 AM »

In agreement again. They sell out for the NRA vote and that's how you end up with archaic laws, and interest groups succeeding in pushing archaic interpretations of archaic laws (take an actual read of 2A sometime).

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2023, 11:15:19 AM »
Should a single mom or young woman  living in a violent neighborhood or in the middle of nowhere have the right to protect herself?  And as far as the potential government going tyrannical are you saying that's no longer conceivable?  Was it conceivable in Europe less than 100 yrs ago?

Baseball bat, taser, knife, mace, security alarms, hammer, shall I continue or is gun the only method a person can use to defend themselves?

The idea of a tyrannical government in this day and age is highly subjective one side thinks anyone who suggests any social program is tyrannical and the other thinks anyone who supports an insurrection to overthrow a freely elected official or even say kidnapping a freely elected official is tyrannical so supporting this use case of fighting against a tyrannical government is more likely to lead to civil war than what you're indicating.

No, in Europe less than 100yrs ago there was still very much the threat of tyrannical government people just didn't do anything because they were so scarred from WW1
Maigh Eo for Sam

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2023, 11:21:24 AM »

Pakuni

• All American

feedback