[Today at 12:57:23 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by PointWarrior
[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 30, 2024, 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Seashells and Balloons  (Read 10144 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Seashells and Balloons
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2023, 09:57:05 AM »

Yet, you're like, "THIS THING IS DANGEROUS TUCKER SAID SO".  I may have adlibbed that last part for you, but I know your outrage stems from the media you're consuming.

When did ad lib become synonymous with lying or mischaracterizing someone’s position. Marquette was obviously different during your stay than mine. And I’m not outraged -  but I am concerned. So, it seems, is our President, the military,  politicians from both sides of the aisle and most of the news media. The only place where it’s no big deal is with a segment of Scoop.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2023, 10:00:35 AM »
Right. Literally said they have satellites that do the same thing. Could be weather satellites. But not what I meant.

Only you, Tower, Pakuni, Wades, know what its “capabilities” are. LOL.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2023, 10:03:14 AM »
Lenny

The Chinese told the scoopers it was a weather balloon that went off track. The guys on here take that for being accurate and do not see an issue. It will be funny to read responses after it is shot down in a couple of hours.

Literally nobody said this, but thanks for stopping by.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2023, 10:05:26 AM »
Despite proclamations from George Santos saying he’s operating the balloon, it appears that’s not the case

51 former US intelligence officials signed a letter saying that reports that this was a Chinese spy balloon had all the earmarks of Russian disinformation.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2023, 10:07:57 AM »
Only you, Tower, Pakuni, Wades, know what its “capabilities” are. LOL.

Actually, Lenny, we're paying attention to what the experts are saying, which is that this balloon poses no military or political threat.

The Pentagon said Friday that the balloon currently does not pose a "military or political" threat.
"Again, we currently assess that balloon does not present a military or physical threat to people on the ground at this time, and we'll continue to monitor and review options," Ryder said Friday.
The US has not ruled out shooting it down
Officials have so far determined that the potential damage of falling debris from the balloon -- its substructure is roughly 90 feet while the balloon itself is significantly larger and taller, according to a defense official -- outweighs the risk of the balloon itself. But that's not to say that it couldn't be shot down eventually; a senior defense official said Thursday that the US has "options to deal with this balloon" if the risk assessment changes.
US Northern Command is coordinating with NASA to determine the debris field if the balloon were to be shot down, a defense official told CNN on Friday.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/04/politics/chinese-spy-balloon-us-latest/index.html

Again, you would know this is you'd bothered to educate yourself before running to Scoop to pop off.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2023, 10:10:16 AM »
 :-[i
51 former US intelligence officials signed a letter saying that reports that this was a Chinese spy balloon had all the earmarks of Russian disinformation.

No, it’s a weather balloon.  All the experts are saying that.  I read that right in this thread.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2023, 10:15:16 AM »
Shooting it down over the Atlantic, move along, nothing to see here.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2023, 10:16:25 AM »

This is correct

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2023, 10:33:09 AM »

The Chinese would never do this. They would shoot it down immediately because they aren’t a bunch of cucks.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2023, 10:37:55 AM »
When did ad lib become synonymous with lying or mischaracterizing someone’s position. Marquette was obviously different during your stay than mine. And I’m not outraged -  but I am concerned. So, it seems, is our President, the military,  politicians from both sides of the aisle and most of the news media. The only place where it’s no big deal is with a segment of Scoop.

Do you ever watch Tucker Carlson.  Because I already know the answer.  You've admitted as much.

The outrage from the right wing lunatics is precisely what you're saying.  They were handed the talking points, and you're simply regurgitating them.

If you honestly believe our military is inept enough to not do a threat analysis of this balloon you're much dumber than I thought. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 10:41:11 AM by Hards Alumni »

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2023, 10:45:21 AM »
Isn’t it somewhere between possible and probable that we obtain more useful information about the Chinese, at very little risk to our own sensitive information, by letting this balloon continue on its course? Like, it’s possible to have reasons to not shoot it down beyond (1) avoiding injury to people or property, or (2) fecklessness.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2023, 10:46:47 AM »
Isn’t it somewhere between possible and probable that we obtain more useful information about the Chinese, at very little risk to our own sensitive information, by letting this balloon continue on its course? Like, it’s possible to have reasons to not shoot it down beyond (1) avoiding injury to people or property, or (2) fecklessness.

Nope. According to Lenny’s and 4ever, unless you shoot it down immediately, you’re weak.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2023, 10:52:14 AM »
Speculation, but I'd bet the knowledge gained here is asymmetrical, and not in China's favor.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2023, 10:53:30 AM »
Lenny

The Chinese told the scoopers it was a weather balloon that went off track. The guys on here take that for being accurate and do not see an issue. It will be funny to read responses after it is shot down in a couple of hours.
I don't think it is a weather balloon.  I also don't think it is a problem.   I am sure somewhere in Moscow and in Beijing there are some tortured souls monitoring scoop.   They are probably gathering the same amount of actionable intel.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2023, 11:18:47 AM »

Wait. Which authority do you support? Former US Intel - yes. Current US Intel - no.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2023, 11:30:26 AM »
Wait. Which authority do you support? Former US Intel - yes. Current US Intel - no.

I'm waiting for the Fauci press conference to tell me what to believe.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 11:38:04 AM by Skatastrophy »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2023, 11:40:47 AM »
As I said earlier, we're taking it out very soon.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2023, 11:45:21 AM »
As I said earlier, we're taking it out very soon.

I'm surprised anyone is worried about a baloon over rural Missouri. Anyone with TikTok is sending location data, photographs, and more to the chinese government daily. I think that people don't totally understand how much data can be collected and sent by just opening an app even without letting it record.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2023, 11:48:42 AM »
Lenny is going to get mad at you.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2023, 11:49:32 AM »
I'm surprised anyone is worried about a baloon over rural Missouri. Anyone with TikTok is sending location data, photographs, and more to the chinese government daily. I think that people don't totally understand how much data can be collected and sent by just opening an app even without letting it record.

True but this thing can collect a lot more data.  They're not using this balloon for no reason. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2023, 11:51:38 AM »
True but this thing can collect a lot more data.  They're not using this balloon for no reason.

lmao, nope.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2023, 12:08:00 PM »

Yup, they’re collecting American weather data to plan an attack via clouds. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2023, 12:14:27 PM »
I assume that we are being spied on at all times by foreign entities.   And perhaps domestic entities.    Unless this balloon is loaded with anthrax or other toxins that will spread when it pops, I don't see how this is fundamentally different than what I assume goes on every single minute of every single day.     I mean, it is a balloon.   Visible to the naked eye.     If anything, I see it as a sociological experiment by the Chinese.    Similar to the Russion bot farms that work constantly to sway American opinion.   

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2023, 12:50:36 PM »

Source?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2023, 12:59:52 PM »
Some good humor in this thread.

feedback