[Today at 09:13:49 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Lennys Tap
[Today at 07:56:17 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Big East Tournament  (Read 29070 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Big East Tournament
« Reply #325 on: March 10, 2023, 02:59:30 PM »
Kam Jones needs to shoot better and the guys need to rebound, rebound. Can't stress that enough. No lazy passes that lead to stupid turnovers like yesterday. It will be difficult but it's doable.  It will be fun to watch. I can't hardly wait.
Joplin also needs to shoot better and play defense a hell of a lot better
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #326 on: March 10, 2023, 03:12:22 PM »
I’ve long believed that the Friday nite semis in the BET is the best nite of basketball prior to the tournament and I’m pleased as punch that we are a part of it again.

Agreed.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Goose

• All American
« Reply #327 on: March 10, 2023, 03:33:21 PM »
I think I had convinced myself that the BET did not mean much to me, but very excited for the game tonight. I think Wades post on BET made me realize that it really is a special tournament, played in the best arena in the world.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #328 on: March 10, 2023, 03:36:51 PM »
There also were a lot of people here who thought it was pretty obvious Marquette would get smoked by UConn at Fiserv back in January and were surprised by that outcome.

Tonight, I think we play one of our best games of the season and advance to the finals.

We Are Marquette!

There were also a lot of people here who thought MU would win easily yesterday and cover the 9 point spread.

Some times it’s hard to identify the optimists from the blind loyalists and the COLE from the SORE (Society of Realistic Expectations).

I don’t necessarily think MU will get smoked tonight (and didn’t think MU would get smoked by UConn at FF when UConn was slumping). But, I’m a little surprised the point spread isn’t a couple of points higher.

I do know I am looking forward to tonight’s game more than I was yesterday’s. I prefer games where winning would be a significant accomplishment than ones where losing would be a major disappointment.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #329 on: March 10, 2023, 03:37:13 PM »
I think I had convinced myself that the BET did not mean much to me, but very excited for the game tonight. I think Wades post on BET made me realize that it really is a special tournament, played in the best arena in the world.

Its one of those ones where if we lose after the fact I wont care much, bigger fish to fry.

But id be lying if I said I'd be anything less than stoked pulling this one out. And the fact its Uconn in "their arena" as Hurley called it. Makes me want it a little more.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

FairWeatherEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #330 on: March 10, 2023, 03:38:43 PM »
I’ve long believed that the Friday nite semis in the BET is the best nite of basketball prior to the tournament and I’m pleased as punch that we are a part of it again.

A BET championship game would be cool....BUT, I feel like tonight's game against UCONN, in particular, is a defining game. A win would be hugely validating. Loss passe....life goes on.

Other Madness games with this feel would be:
- first round loss - hugely invalidating :(
- second round win - hugely validating :)  (sweet)
- E8 win - Cloud9 validating...cut the nets, final 4 (lets make a new intro video!)
- NCAA championship win - Well, mythical status.

Wins and losses in other games might be great or disappointing, but life goes on....but those games with those outcomes effect you.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 03:42:11 PM by FairWeatherEagle »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #331 on: March 10, 2023, 03:52:24 PM »

Its one of those ones where if we lose after the fact I wont care much, bigger fish to fry.

But id be lying if I said I'd be anything less than stoked pulling this one out. And the fact its Uconn in "their arena" as Hurley called it. Makes me want it a little more.

I'm with you guys. We're playing in the Big East semis and they're gonna keep score, so I definitely want to finish with more points than UConn. I've been thinking about the game all day, getting in text chains with buddies. Definitely psyched to watch it.

But I really, really, really want to win multiple NCAA tournament games this year -- that was my realistic goal for the team coming into the season, and it's even more realistic now.

Obviously, those things are not mutually exclusive -- we can win the BET and get to the FF. I'd also like the Marquette fans who traveled to MSG to be rewarded for their trek.

So while I will have no problem calling this season a great success if we win the outright BEast regular-season title (already accomplished) and advance at least to the Sweet 16 even if we lose tonight ... damn, I'd sure rather win tonight!!

And yes, as tower said, please please emerge from this healthy.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #332 on: March 10, 2023, 03:55:00 PM »
Can all you MFers stop talking about I hope we stay healthy. Thats some bad juju.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #333 on: March 10, 2023, 04:01:05 PM »
Can all you MFers stop talking about I hope we stay healthy. Thats some bad juju.

I hope everyone at scoop stays healthy
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #334 on: March 10, 2023, 04:08:02 PM »
Got offered a boosted parlay.

Felt great about Purdue and Bama today so decided to toss Uconn in as minor pity consolation should we lose.

Hopefully the $500 ticket gets shredded in about 3.5 hours.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #335 on: March 10, 2023, 04:10:01 PM »
I’m not one to say “playing with house money” but I only see opportunity for MU tonight. It would be incredible to go get this one and it’d be a another feather in the cap for this amazing season, but a loss here and I’m quickly flipping the page to the NCAAs.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #336 on: March 10, 2023, 04:29:01 PM »
Country Roads

I am 100% focused on the NCAA because I think they have an opportunity that does not happen often. They have a chance to advance a long way this season and hope they can cross the finish line. I firmly believe that I might not ever see an MU team that is blessed with this chemistry. This does not happen by accident, and more importantly, it does not happen very often.

That being said, I am going to cheering very loudly from spot in front of the TV tonight. The guys earned the right to fight for whatever goals they set out to accomplish.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #337 on: March 10, 2023, 05:20:59 PM »
Country Roads

I am 100% focused on the NCAA because I think they have an opportunity that does not happen often. They have a chance to advance a long way this season and hope they can cross the finish line. I firmly believe that I might not ever see an MU team that is blessed with this chemistry. This does not happen by accident, and more importantly, it does not happen very often.

I agree with the special chemistry this year’s team has exhibited and exceeding expectations, but I don’t think it’s lightning in a bottle.  I think Shaka has installed that culture in the program and will continue to bring in players that fit the culture.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #338 on: March 10, 2023, 05:29:54 PM »
I’m not one to say “playing with house money” but I only see opportunity for MU tonight. It would be incredible to go get this one and it’d be a another feather in the cap for this amazing season, but a loss here and I’m quickly flipping the page to the NCAAs.

I would like to see us win because so many pundits taking UConn.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #339 on: March 10, 2023, 07:51:06 PM »
So who do we want X or CU?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #340 on: March 10, 2023, 07:52:35 PM »

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #341 on: March 10, 2023, 07:56:26 PM »
So who do we want X or CU?
Let them combine teams. I would still take our team

Goose

• All American
« Reply #342 on: March 10, 2023, 08:00:48 PM »
Lawdog

I am with you. I’ll take this teams chances any night of the week.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #343 on: March 10, 2023, 08:03:01 PM »
Good takes - we’ll also need Jop to knock down some shots and I’ll think Chase will be a factor.

I could’ve done a better job than Jimmy Jackson tonite.  🧐

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #344 on: March 10, 2023, 08:29:22 PM »
You can tickets for the final for $31 now that UConn is out.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #345 on: March 10, 2023, 08:33:25 PM »
THAT was a Big East semifinal game.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #346 on: March 10, 2023, 08:34:01 PM »
Got offered a boosted parlay.

Felt great about Purdue and Bama today so decided to toss Uconn in as minor pity consolation should we lose.

Hopefully the $500 ticket gets shredded in about 3.5 hours.

Anyone wanna donate to tomorrows fund???

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #347 on: March 10, 2023, 08:39:36 PM »
X and Creighton are playing basketball.  I guess

Norm

• All American
« Reply #348 on: March 10, 2023, 08:41:38 PM »
Are there Marquette sections? Heading up form DC for the game tomorrow. Just wondering where MU's ticket allotment is.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #349 on: March 10, 2023, 08:41:56 PM »
Ok, X playing now