[Today at 01:43:07 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Why was Oso comforting Gold after the game.  (Read 8095 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: Why was Oso comforting Gold after the game.
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2023, 04:40:56 PM »
Shaka just plays mind games
Goal is National Championship

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2023, 08:31:03 PM »
I think it was because when he got his chance, he played pretty poorly.  Just a teammate lifting up another.
So he was upset about his playing time.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2023, 08:41:56 PM »

Upset about trying his absolute hardest and that his efforts, ultimately, were a disappointment. It's not easy letting down your teammates.

I'm sure that feeling is familiar to a lot of people on MUScoop. Especially those still living in their parent's basements.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2023, 09:13:33 PM »

Upset Jop gets more playing time.  Has Shaka lost this team?!?!?
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2023, 06:14:03 AM »
One of the many things that has impressed me about Coach Smart in his 1 2/3 seasons at MU is how he has empowered his freshmen to play fearlessly.   
    One of the great scoop traditions is to complain and debate about playing time for freshmen.  Jimmy Butler is a wasted scholarship, play magic Dawson more,
Dawson Garcia less,  Theo was playing his best ball, why sit him after 12 straight good minutes.    This is a continuation of that tradition.
    I like Ben.   I think he is very talented and will be very good.   I would like him to play a few more minutes just so that Oso doesn't wear out.  I hope this week gave him an opportunity to get ready to contribute more down the stretch.  I think MU will need him.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 07:06:11 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2023, 07:42:00 AM »
One of the many things that has impressed me about Coach Smart in his 1 2/3 seasons at MU is how he has empowered his freshmen to play fearlessly.   
    One of the great scoop traditions is to complain and debate about playing time for freshmen.  Jimmy Butler is a wasted scholarship, play magic Dawson more,
Dawson Garcia less,  Theo was playing his best ball, why sit him after 12 straight good minutes.    This is a continuation of that tradition.
    I like Ben.   I think he is very talented and will be very good.   I would like him to play a few more minutes just so that Oso doesn't wear out.  I hope this week gave him an opportunity to get ready to contribute more down the stretch.  I think MU will need him.

You could have shortened the sentence with the bolded and it would have been much stronger.  ;D

Agree that Shaka gives the freshmen a chance and hope that Ben can "contribute more down the stretch". I just think it needs to be in games where we do not have to worry about every point. I like Ben and he needs time on the court to show what he can do, but he scares me in games with tough opponents.

Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2023, 07:44:51 AM »
You're not wrong.

But I do feel offended.  ::)
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2023, 07:49:59 AM »

I'm simply not very concerned about Oso wearing out. There are just so many long time-outs in college games, especially in the last few minutes of close games (exactly when one would think players would "wear out"). Guys are getting far more rest during that stretch of any typical close game than they're playing basketball.

I'll be pretty surprised if Gold gets what either of us would call "significant" playing time in most non-blowout games for the rest of the season, so I guess we'll get an opportunity to see which of us is right on this one.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson