[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Restaurants Thread  (Read 18909 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Restaurants Thread
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2023, 01:24:42 PM »
Char'd is a great recommendation by Galway. Love that place.

A place that I did not expect to be as good as it was is Il Mito in Wauwatosa. It's this tiny Italian place on North Ave. Doesn't look like anything special inside or out but the food was fantastic. My wife's parents are first-generation Italian immigrants and both of them and my wife (who is an Italian food snob) all raved about their dinners. Went there on a recommendation of a friend and ended up thanking them for sending us there.

When my wife was living with your sister  she brought me to Il Mito twice on your sisters recommendation iirc. It's absolutely fantastic!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 02:02:18 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Tortuga94

• Walk-On
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2023, 01:39:23 PM »
I'll be in the northern Suburbs, Skokie area in a few weeks, any suggestions?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2023, 01:50:35 PM »
When my wife was living with your sister

MUScoop is the weirdest place

I'll be in the northern Suburbs, Skokie area in a few weeks, any suggestions?

Pita Inn is an easy answer, but I haven't spent much time up there.

Edit: link for you https://pitainn.com/pita-inn-menu/
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 01:52:37 PM by Skatastrophy »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2023, 01:53:26 PM »
A place that I did not expect to be as good as it was is Il Mito in Wauwatosa. It's this tiny Italian place on North Ave. Doesn't look like anything special inside or out but the food was fantastic. My wife's parents are first-generation Italian immigrants and both of them and my wife (who is an Italian food snob) all raved about their dinners. Went there on a recommendation of a friend and ended up thanking them for sending us there.

If you haven't already, head down the street to Ca Lucchenzo. They hit the mark every time we've been. Food, service, everything.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2023, 02:15:12 PM »
Big Il Mito fan. It used to be located across the street from Conejito's before moving to North Ave location. My only complaint is parking is tough when hitting the North Ave places.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2023, 02:16:52 PM »
Gotta try a place in Bryant called Fargo's for que.

Pro-tip, not a good idea to eat it in the car on the way back to the Dallas airport.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2023, 02:55:43 PM »
Gotta try a place in Bryant called Fargo's for que.

Hopefully this isn't the meat they use ...

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2023, 03:57:08 PM »
If you haven't already, head down the street to Ca Lucchenzo. They hit the mark every time we've been. Food, service, everything.

Ca’Lucchenzo has creeped in/near my top three in Milwaukee. You’re spot on that the food, service, everything is stellar. I also really enjoy Morel, Le Reve, and Story Hill BKC. There is a new Levantine place I want to check out, too.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2023, 04:08:54 PM »
We're going to the DePaul game on 2/25. It's a 6:30 tip, so we'll be looking for someplace to go around 9 p.m. that has decent food, good beer selection and a good vibe, preferably within walking distance of Fiserv. We don't expect gourmet food at that hour, and this crew probably wouldn't want that anyway, but maybe some of the guys would like better than just a meh bar burger.

Suggestions?

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2023, 04:17:40 PM »
Chicago—I love Lula and always enjoyed Longman & Eagle, Owen & Engine, Frontera Grill, Smyth + The Loyalist, Kuma’s, and, of course, Pequods. Recently had hot chicken at Roost, casual and good. Used to hit up Purple Pig for wine and roasted beets with whipped goat cheese and pistachios, but I tend to try other neighborhoods when I’m in town. 

Some of my fave plant based places have closed (Karen’s Raw and Spring) but there are good ones popping up along with a killer line up of Asian (of all kinds) restaurants.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2023, 04:29:01 PM »
We're going to the DePaul game on 2/25. It's a 6:30 tip, so we'll be looking for someplace to go around 9 p.m. that has decent food, good beer selection and a good vibe, preferably within walking distance of Fiserv. We don't expect gourmet food at that hour, and this crew probably wouldn't want that anyway, but maybe some of the guys would like better than just a meh bar burger.

Suggestions?

Man, I’m finding so many places close so early nowadays. If you can make your way to Brady Street, La Masa has really good empanadas and beverages, Diplomat has a better than meh burger for sure, I used to go to Balzac a lot, and Up Down is a fun place for a good beer. Good places slightly farther out in Third Ward and Walker’s Point.

Buckley’s is close, but the last meal I had there wasn’t as good as it has been, cool vibe in the bar. Birch on Water St is walkable and good, Vagabond across the river has been an old standby. Elsa’s is open late, I used to go there often, but that was a long time ago.

Any must haves in High Point, NC? I’m flying into Charlotte early tomorrow am, my son has a soccer id camp. Gonna hit up Elon, too, and can drive around if there are some killer eats.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 04:39:01 PM by 21Jumpstreet »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2023, 05:15:33 PM »
21 Jump

Love all of your calls in MKE.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2023, 05:25:55 PM »
La Masa is a great call.  Triciclo isn't as good, but they have some more traditional empanadas that are great.  Dorsia is right across the street from La Masa and has some really good pasta and you can do it in flights.  Elsa's is also a good call.  Point's East for the best wings.  TomKen's and Stenny's a step behind Point's.

The other restaurants I miss having moved out of town that aren't really fancy but easy to just decide on a whim to go to are Oscar's Pub, Cosmo's Cafe (the jerk chicken sandwich is incredible), India Garden, Meekong Cafe, Barbiere's pizza...I'm sure there are a bunch that I'm not thinking of right now, but those come to mind immediately.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2023, 06:44:57 PM »
Man, I’m finding so many places close so early nowadays. If you can make your way to Brady Street, La Masa has really good empanadas and beverages, Diplomat has a better than meh burger for sure, I used to go to Balzac a lot, and Up Down is a fun place for a good beer. Good places slightly farther out in Third Ward and Walker’s Point.

Buckley’s is close, but the last meal I had there wasn’t as good as it has been, cool vibe in the bar. Birch on Water St is walkable and good, Vagabond across the river has been an old standby. Elsa’s is open late, I used to go there often, but that was a long time ago.

Any must haves in High Point, NC? I’m flying into Charlotte early tomorrow am, my son has a soccer id camp. Gonna hit up Elon, too, and can drive around if there are some killer eats.

We're staying right near Fiserv and not sure we'll want to drive because we'll be tipping back a few, but there are Ubers. I'll look into several of those, so thanks for the suggestions.

High Point and Elon aren't very close to me; I've driven through them on the way to points beyond but never spent time in either, so sorry I can't give any recommendations.

Thanks to wades for MKE joints, too.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2023, 07:22:24 PM »

Suggestions?

Nads, have you been to Carson's, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2023, 08:08:50 PM »
Owen & Engine tonight because of this thread. Finally tried the other stuff on the menu
Maigh Eo for Sam

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2023, 08:27:51 PM »

Suggestions?

If you don't mind a short Uber I'd say Camino in Walkers Point. Great beer selection and the food has always been good.

There are some other spots near Fiserv but most close at 10. I've heard the new Pilot Project taproom up by Pabst has a decent food program if you want somewhere walkable.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2023, 08:30:28 PM »
Enjoyed the Happy Hour menu at Movida at Hotel Madrid

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2023, 08:56:00 PM »

Nads, have you been to Carson's, hey?

doc's BBQ has some scooper ties eyn'a  is it sir lawrence or...?
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2023, 09:02:42 PM »
Big Il Mito fan. It used to be located across the street from Conejito's before moving to North Ave location. My only complaint is parking is tough when hitting the North Ave places.

surprised il mito didn't make it when it was across from conejitoes.  we are lil rabbit junkies and the il mitos always seemed dead.  then he moved out to tosa and bam! 
don't...don't don't don't don't

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2023, 09:16:56 PM »
La Masa is a great call.  Triciclo isn't as good, but they have some more traditional empanadas that are great.  Dorsia is right across the street from La Masa and has some really good pasta and you can do it in flights.  Elsa's is also a good call.  Point's East for the best wings.  TomKen's and Stenny's a step behind Point's.

The other restaurants I miss having moved out of town that aren't really fancy but easy to just decide on a whim to go to are Oscar's Pub, Cosmo's Cafe (the jerk chicken sandwich is incredible), India Garden, Meekong Cafe, Barbiere's pizza...I'm sure there are a bunch that I'm not thinking of right now, but those come to mind immediately.

Mmm, India Garden. I was a Maharaja lunch buffet devotee for a lot of years, and I Cafe India at the gas station in Walkers Point. I am definitely an eat on the curb kinda guy. A new Indian place called Saffron has opened, seems a bit more upscale Indian food, looking forward to trying it.

I like Triciclo, especially the tiny size and eating in the park across the street. And, I’m an eat at places in areas of a city where people will look at me like what are you doing eating there (think Jizzles for chicken and rice with pepper gravy, yuuum). I’ve just had some really good food and times at La Masa lately. So good.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2023, 09:18:16 PM »
21 Jump

Love all of your calls in MKE.

Goose

MKE has some really good establishments. Another old favorite of mine is Tess, outside in the garden. That used to be my best MKE meal for a long time.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2023, 09:19:30 PM »
Owen & Engine tonight because of this thread. Finally tried the other stuff on the menu

And…

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2023, 09:19:40 PM »
If you don't mind a short Uber I'd say Camino in Walkers Point. Great beer selection and the food has always been good.

There are some other spots near Fiserv but most close at 10. I've heard the new Pilot Project taproom up by Pabst has a decent food program if you want somewhere walkable.

Thanks a lot.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2023, 09:24:35 PM »
We're staying right near Fiserv and not sure we'll want to drive because we'll be tipping back a few, but there are Ubers. I'll look into several of those, so thanks for the suggestions.

High Point and Elon aren't very close to me; I've driven through them on the way to points beyond but never spent time in either, so sorry I can't give any recommendations.

Thanks to wades for MKE joints, too.

You’re welcome. All the places I mention are probably within a 20 minute walk. I have and would absolutely walk to them. My wife, well, maybe not to some of the farther ones. I should have said there are also good places in Third Ward and Walkers Point if you were to drive. Enjoy!

feedback