[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf 2024  (Read 49122 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Golf 2023
« Reply #950 on: December 07, 2023, 02:31:50 PM »
tower

I am pissed off at everyone involved. I will not be watching LIV again this year and likely watching a lot less of the PGA.

Who else do you think is going to take the money and run?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 02:38:50 PM by Goose »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #951 on: December 07, 2023, 02:34:44 PM »
Cantlay.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #952 on: December 07, 2023, 03:08:22 PM »
tower

I am pissed off at everyone involved. I will not be watching LIV again this year and likely watching a lot less of the PGA.

Who else do you think is going to take the money and run?

If Rahm got assurance his Ryder Cup status was safe, a whole lotta European players gunna be gone.

LPGA is better viewing anyway
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #953 on: December 07, 2023, 03:22:09 PM »
Rico

Great point. The PGA is in a very difficult position, and I do think they have the leadership to keep up from sinking completely.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #954 on: December 07, 2023, 06:40:46 PM »
I see myself watching golf from Kapalua to the Masters, then majors only.

I used to watch every weekend when I had a moment.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #955 on: December 07, 2023, 06:41:46 PM »
Rahm to LIV is good for CW Sports

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #956 on: December 07, 2023, 06:50:02 PM »
Rahm to LIV is good for CW Sports

No, it’s not. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #957 on: December 07, 2023, 08:18:52 PM »
If Rahm got assurance his Ryder Cup status was safe, a whole lotta European players gunna be gone.

LPGA is better viewing anyway

You’re very right.

You’re very wrong.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #958 on: December 07, 2023, 10:30:06 PM »
I like the LPGA because their yardages are way closer to mine. 200 yard 7-irons? GTFO!

Agree with Tower and Goose sentiments. I can't see myself ever getting invested in LIV. Maybe the younger generation will. IDK.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #959 on: December 07, 2023, 10:34:45 PM »
Norman has destroyed golf.  I've only been watching the LPGA. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #960 on: December 07, 2023, 11:04:58 PM »
I'll watch the majors, and that's it.

Kolek 'em.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #961 on: December 08, 2023, 02:23:02 AM »
Norman has destroyed golf.  I've only been watching the LPGA.

sorry to disagree here muggs, but i think jay monahan destroyed PGA golf.  monahan sat back smuggly(no pun intended muggs) and dared anyone to crap in his litter box.  while he was doing that, they(PGA) sat on a big steaming pile of money short of full disclosure. 

many of the players are like...what do ya got down there??  rightly or wrongly, monahan tried to play dictator and picked and chose who were in his "club"  tiger, mcllroy, speith?, thomas?, scheffler??,  and even with those, once the latest ruling on LIV vs PGA came out, lil rory was royally p!ssed off because of how much $$ he left on the table.  what the hell, tiger doesn't need the money so he's just going along to get along. 

monahan severely over played his hand here
don't...don't don't don't don't

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #962 on: December 08, 2023, 08:38:31 AM »
After the PGA hung its players out to dry and gave up its position of moral superiority by agreeing to merge with LIV in the middle of the night, its hard for me to mad at anyone that flips at this point.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #963 on: December 08, 2023, 08:41:42 AM »
After the PGA hung its players out to dry and gave up its position of moral superiority by agreeing to merge with LIV in the middle of the night, its hard for me to mad at anyone that flips at this point.

I don’t disagree but the sport is gross

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #964 on: December 08, 2023, 11:27:55 AM »
Outside of the PGA-LIV politics, genuinely happy for Rahm.  He’s a good dude, entertaining and incredible competitor, and been the most consistent top player in the world for almost 5 years, and now he’s getting generational wealth.  Vamos Jefe

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #965 on: December 08, 2023, 11:32:31 AM »

Every time something happens that makes a sport more lucrative for the athletes people boycott and claim that the sport’s death knell is around the corner.

Curt Flood and free agency, the AFL, the ABA, the WHA, NIL and now LIV - people stomp their feet, boycott or even whine that they’ll become fans of women’s versions of the sport. LOL, never happens.

After a bit, the sports end up stronger and more successful as the organizations that govern them become more player friendly.

A few Scoopers can boycott men’s golf (or at least say they will) but everything will turn out fine in the end. The Saudi money isn’t all that more dirty than the cash that’s been fueling the engine forever. But it does give people a chance to jump on a moral high horse - a favorite hobby around here.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #966 on: December 08, 2023, 11:43:27 AM »
Yea, I'm not sure I can really blame Rahm here. I think the PGA lost the moral high ground when agreeing to a deal with PIF. I'm guessing that was the major change for Rahm along with LIV maybe accepting some of his format changes.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #967 on: December 08, 2023, 12:00:13 PM »
Every time something happens that makes a sport more lucrative for the athletes people boycott and claim that the sport’s death knell is around the corner.

Curt Flood and free agency, the AFL, the ABA, the WHA, NIL and now LIV - people stomp their feet, boycott or even whine that they’ll become fans of women’s versions of the sport. LOL, never happens.

After a bit, the sports end up stronger and more successful as the organizations that govern them become more player friendly.

A few Scoopers can boycott men’s golf (or at least say they will) but everything will turn out fine in the end. The Saudi money isn’t all that more dirty than the cash that’s been fueling the engine forever. But it does give people a chance to jump on a moral high horse - a favorite hobby around here.

Golf is a niche sport, unlike the major sports.  The current split is akin to the IRL/Cart split of the mid-90’s and that sport has yet to recover.  Golf, unlike the NFL which yields massive ratings and return on investment by advertisers will never be able to function as a sport where individuals are being paid guaranteed money of over $100 million a player. 

As far as becoming a fan of the woman’s game, my posting history clearly shows my interest in the woman’s game has always been real and will continue to be real.  Not all sports fans are chauvinistic pigs.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #968 on: December 08, 2023, 12:14:34 PM »
Lenny

My only issue with Liv is not seeing the best payers compete on a regular basis. Don't care where the money is coming from and never fault a guy for hitting score. I feel badly that a sport that I have enjoyed my entire life is very messed up and it pisses me off.

I will not boycott watching the PGA but my interest level for low end tournament probably will be close to zero. Likely will not be watching Liv any time soon.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #969 on: December 08, 2023, 02:42:18 PM »
I watched as much LPGA golf on non-major weekends as I did PGA golf.   I spent 100x more time watching either than I did watching college football.   I sent zero time watching LIV golf.   I do not envision any of those things changing going forward.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #970 on: December 08, 2023, 04:25:41 PM »
I watched as much LPGA golf on non-major weekends as I did PGA golf.   

And some people watch as much WNBA as NBA. But not many.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #971 on: December 08, 2023, 04:29:13 PM »
Their loss.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #972 on: December 08, 2023, 04:31:52 PM »

As far as becoming a fan of the woman’s game, my posting history clearly shows my interest in the woman’s game has always been real and will continue to be real.  Not all sports fans are chauvinistic pigs.

LOL. A few women and fewer men prefer watching women’s softball to baseball or the LPGA to the PGA. An insignificant number, though.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #973 on: December 08, 2023, 04:39:19 PM »
LOL. A few women and fewer men prefer watching women’s softball to baseball or the LPGA to the PGA. An insignificant number, though.

And?  Who said otherwise?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #974 on: December 08, 2023, 05:56:27 PM »

Thank you, Archie Bunker.

feedback