[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hall Pass  (Read 5522 times)

tower912

• All American
Hall Pass
« on: December 27, 2022, 08:56:17 PM »
1.  Hall shoot.  Hall miss.  Hall rebound.
2.  Watched the game with the sound off, chatting with my daughter.  Her:  'Why can't Marquette get a rebound?' 
3.  Nice to see Sean hit some shots.
4.  Omax goes out in the first half. Team goes to crap.
5.  I did not like the flow with 4 guards.
6.  Shaka tried to finish the game without Omax and Kolek.   Doh.  Smart enough to change his mind.
7.  MU won a conference game against an average team.  Huzzah.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Re: Hall Pass
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 08:57:11 PM »
Shaka needs to learn how to get up the ass of the referees more often. And the Big East needs to get better referees.

This is a good team. Let’s park in February / March.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 08:59:29 PM »
I am pleased with a double digit win.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 09:02:54 PM »
Shaka needs to learn how to get up the ass of the referees more often. And the Big East needs to get better referees.

This is a good team. Let’s park in February / March.

Well said 5DP.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 09:03:06 PM »
This offense is really good when they keep playing offense and moving the ball.

Stop slowing it down unless youre up 40.

Will win a lot of games.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2022, 09:03:11 PM »
They took care of business and avoided a Q3 loss. Seton Hall is terrible. Need to sweep them this year.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2022, 09:05:23 PM »
Great win by Marquette.  Good momentum going into Villanova.  Go Marquette rah rah!

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2022, 09:05:57 PM »
8.  SilverWarrior analysis sucked

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2022, 09:07:24 PM »
Marquette's defense was really good.   Got in passing lanes, disruptive, stayed with their man most of the time.   A clinic really.  Until the shot went up.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2022, 09:09:51 PM »
They took care of business and avoided a Q3 loss. Seton Hall is terrible. Need to sweep them this year.
Agreed…..but they will win some games this year….thankfully not tonight.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2022, 09:12:00 PM »
Good defense and great energy tonight. Sean Jones going for a turkey?? Loved it. Too bad shaka had to put starters back in to finish it out. On to the next!

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2022, 09:12:21 PM »
Avoided the misstep at home, which could easily have happened after Christmas. But the rebounding is going to be a problem throughout Big East play. Oso is the only guy we have with any ability to clean the glass.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2022, 09:15:55 PM »
Avoided the misstep at home, which could easily have happened after Christmas. But the rebounding is going to be a problem throughout Big East play. Oso is the only guy we have with any ability to clean the glass.

VS UCONN it could be a real prob. 

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2022, 09:16:15 PM »

All five need to crash the defensive glass, even if the break suffers a bit.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2022, 09:23:31 PM »
Depth was a problem
Goal is National Championship

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2022, 09:37:38 PM »
I enjoyed tonight’s game. Winning by a nice margin in a Big East game is a good thing and a lot of fun.

Has been a good season so far from my viewpoint .
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 07:45:32 AM by Herman Cain »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2022, 09:48:19 PM »
++ Sorry, everyone. This win doesn't count because it wasn't a close game. We only get the easy wins, and easy wins no longer count.

++ Hell of a defensive performance by Stevie. Richmond is a pretty good basketball player -- 45 the last two games against X and Prov, and 17 earlier this season at Kansas -- and Mitchell stayed in front of him, hounded him, clearly frustrated him. It's yet another example of why Stevie will continue to start every game for Marquette. For all the talk about the defensive prowess of guys like Derrick and Morsell, I think I'd take Stevie's D over anybody we've had since Jimmy.

++ Oso is such an incredible passer. As Bardo said, he's a "luxury" for a coach to be able to deploy. When he and Kolek are on the floor together, the ball just moves so much better. Just another great all-around game for Oso -- scoring, rebounding, blocks, passing. Kolek had some awesome dimes, too.

++ Important buzzer-beaters by Joplin and Sean -- each happened at a juncture when momentum was starting to shift. Outstanding contribution by Sean in the second half. Good work by Ross in the first half. Gold gave us solid minutes, too. That's exactly what we need from our freshmen.

++ Kam had a few sensational circus drives to the hoop. Great imagination to his offensive game, and he has the ability to finish, too. So much fun to watch. Shaka drew up 3 plays to get him wide-open 3s that rimmed out, as well.

++ Strong game for Shaka. He got good shooters a lot of open looks; our offense had great flow almost all night, especially when when the starters were in; our defense had stretches where it was impenetrable; we responded every time Seton Hall made a run at us.

++ It's frustrating watching otherwise outstanding defensive possessions get ruined by us not getting boards. And we gave up another FT rebound, which pretty much should never happen.

++ Bardo only said "I'll tell you what ... " a half-dozen times. An off night for him!

++ The whole thing about "Seton Hall not wanting to start 0-3" ... well, no shyte. Like Marquette would've felt perfectly fine losing a home game to start 1-2? It was a stoopid storyline -- even stoopider than the "Creighton has been losing so now they're really mad" storyline. Teams at this level want to win because they want to win because they want to win.

++ We Are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2022, 09:50:36 PM »
I enjoyed tonight’s game. Winning by a ice margin in a Big East game is a good thing and a lot of fun.

Has been a good season so far from my viewpoint .

Excellent post! I agree.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2022, 09:53:36 PM »
I am pleased with a double digit win.

Another failed opportunity to win a close game.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2022, 09:55:27 PM »
Felt like I was the only one boo-ing Mamu when they showed him on the big screen, that shouldn’t have been the case.

As for the game, felt like we should have won by more but can’t complain about a 14 point win (although I know some will).

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2022, 09:55:54 PM »
Excellent post! I agree.
Yes ice game
Goal is National Championship

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2022, 09:58:01 PM »
Made me smile - COLE deep rooted philosophies here.

+ The whole thing about "Seton Hall not wanting to start 0-3" ... well, no shyte. Like Marquette would've felt perfectly fine losing a home game to start 1-2? It was a stoopid storyline -- even stoopider than the "Creighton has been losing so now they're really mad" storyline. Teams at this level want to win because they want to win because they want to win.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2022, 09:58:14 PM »
Well said MU82, not much more to add.

A lot of positives and one glaring negative, good spot to be in before the new year.

Another wide margin win at home. Not only protecting home turf, but also making the computers happy.

Really getting to the point where there seems to be no way a .500 in conference MU squad doesn’t dance. Not that anyone wants .500 anymore, but the closer to the goal the better because crazy things can happen

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2022, 10:01:55 PM »
Game never felt in doubt against a Big East opponent, I’ll take that any day of the week. Not the prettiest, but got the job done.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2022, 10:15:26 PM »
MU 82, I really felt being at the game that Stevie took Richmond out of the game, MU did a nice job of doubling him on the pick and roll.  He made a difference.  Loved the passing of this team, give credit to Shaka to understand the talent he has.  Oso really can run the floor.  Kolek did not look to score, but made some beautiful assists.