[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jumbotron  (Read 4887 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Jumbotron
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2022, 01:12:48 PM »
I missed it, but if a student pulled down a female student's shirt on the jumbotron, they better hope she took it as a joke otherwise they may be looking at a suspension
TAMU….crop tops get pulled up…..not down.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2022, 01:27:43 PM »
It was an pretty boy move. Sucks for the student. Good on the jumbotron camera person foe the quick hook

Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2022, 01:38:37 PM »
So, a crime report and 4ever does his creepy old guy schtick.   Odd.  Or not.
Creepy if it's a schtick (ploy for attention)...unsettling if he's sincere.  It always comes off as the kid who wanted to be cool and everyone looked at him like he was an idiot...but he never got it.  I'm 40...made plenty of mistakes as a kid...we stopped talking like that in the locker room around the age of 17...and today we all acknowledge how dumb that talk was. 

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2022, 01:42:18 PM »
It was an pretty boy move. Sucks for the student. Good on the jumbotron camera person foe the quick hook

It was gone quickly, but I thought it was a girl that lifted the crop top. Not sure that changes anything in terms of anyone getting in trouble, but I suspect the perception changes some.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2022, 01:45:20 PM »
TAMU….crop tops get pulled up…..not down.

Apparently married with kids Merlin is a bit out of practice, hey?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2022, 01:51:37 PM »
It was gone quickly, but I thought it was a girl that lifted the crop top. Not sure that changes anything in terms of anyone getting in trouble, but I suspect the perception changes some.
Not sure why it was pretty boy. I wrote "pretty crapty"
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2022, 02:05:36 PM »

I don't know.

I do recall that one of my first thoughts in the moment, was "wow, that sure looked like a fat, hairy hand to me ( meaning male)". But you'd have to look at the Zapruder film frame by frame to determine for sure.

But I do know that if the same incident occurred across the street from the Fiserv one hour after the game, someone would have gone to jail and would probably be sued (if that's the direction the young lady wanted to take things).

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2022, 02:14:50 PM »

It might change the perception in the court of public opinion but not in actual court.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2022, 05:20:18 PM »
Apparently married with kids Merlin is a bit out of practice, hey?
Or he learned something new today he never knew prior.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2022, 05:38:50 PM »
Yea. They actually showed her later which was surprising.

I would imagine there is some form of punishment handed down being that is technically assault.

So, a Dental school student?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2022, 07:20:06 PM »
just opened this up and when i saw your question, i thought holy chit maybe i wasn't the only one who saw...not bresticles, but the cam was on a couple of coeds smiling and goofing around and when the dude sitting behind them realized the girls were on the jumbo, he went poked his head (not that head)between them and mimicked the motions of what many would classify as the universal motions of giving a lewinsky

don't...don't don't don't don't

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2022, 07:30:09 PM »
I missed it, but if a student pulled down a female student's shirt on the jumbotron, they better hope she took it as a joke otherwise they may be looking at a suspension

I was curious about this.  If she laughs it off does that mean said offender is in the clear?  ...or is this something the Fiserv and/or university could pursue?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2022, 07:33:21 PM »
just opened this up and when i saw your question, i thought holy chit maybe i wasn't the only one who saw...not bresticles, but the cam was on a couple of coeds smiling and goofing around and when the dude sitting behind them realized the girls were on the jumbo, he went poked his head (not that head)between them and mimicked the motions of what many would classify as the universal motions of giving a lewinsky

Stay classy.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2022, 07:42:39 PM »
I was curious about this.  If she laughs it off does that mean said offender is in the clear?  ...or is this something the Fiserv and/or university could pursue?

i wouldn't think so.  could've been a nervous laugh, like wtf just happened laugh.  then you've got the post incident comments when she realizes more than a few saw it.  i would think this is between her, the perpetrator and the school.  this might not be the end of that "seemed like a funny thing to do at the moment" 

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2022, 07:51:45 PM »
  i wouldn't think so.  could've been a nervous laugh, like wtf just happened laugh.  then you've got the post incident comments when she realizes more than a few saw it.  i would think this is between her, the perpetrator and the school.  this might not be the end of that "seemed like a funny thing to do at the moment"

By 'laugh it off' meant if she wasn't going to pursue... was curious to what extent this is solely the victim's decision to pursue

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2022, 07:52:38 PM »
Or he learned something new today he never knew prior.

Or I read crop top as tube top. I've had more than one case involving involuntary tube top removal
TAMU

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2022, 07:54:27 PM »
By 'laugh it off' meant if she wasn't going to pursue... was curious to what extent this is solely the victim's decision to pursue

good question-would school do something if it were brought to their attention or if they actually saw it first hand.  maybe someone like tamu or sully would have a schools perspective on this

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2022, 07:57:42 PM »

Fiserv is a private entity so they can do whatever the ef they feel like. If they can somehow identify the perp, I wouldn't be surprised to see them banned.

The university is a private entity also but is subject to Title IX. They can pursue with or without the woman's blessing, however most will not unless they have a willing complainant. The only exception would likely be if this individual was a serial who had done this multiple times.  Then it becomes a campus safety issue.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 07:59:22 PM by TAMU, the Wizard of MU Basketball »
TAMU

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2022, 08:02:58 PM »
Fiserv is a private entity so they can do whatever the ef they feel like. If they can somehow identify the perp, I wouldn't be surprised to see them banned.

The university is a private entity also but is subject to Title IX. They can pursue with or without the woman's blessing, however most will not unless they have a willing complainant. The only exception would likely be if this individual was a serial who had done this multiple times.  Then it becomes a campus safety issue.

Makes sense. Thank you for providing that insight.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2022, 08:10:01 PM »
Or I read crop top as tube top. I've had more than one case involving involuntary tube top removal
I was referring to lack of personal experience…….not cases brought to your attention. But either way is an education.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2022, 08:24:29 PM »
I was referring to lack of personal experience…….not cases brought to your attention. But either way is an education.

I got the joke.  Unfortunately too much non personal experience in that area
TAMU

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2022, 08:48:57 PM »
SuperBra, oops SuperBar.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2022, 09:25:24 PM »
To broaden the discussion, it would be quite helpful if someone could reproduce the brief segment here on Scoop. Then those of us who could not see the Jumbotron would be in a much better position to contribute to this very serious  and disturbing topic.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2022, 08:37:04 AM »
What I saw was a girl tried to flash the crowd (lift up her crop top) and her friend (the 3rd hand) actually pulled down against her.  It all happened quick but this looked like the other hand was more trying to restore order rather than instigate chaos / assault.  The camera guy got out of there quick as well, beofre even the director saw it. 

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2022, 09:39:27 AM »
What I saw was a girl tried to flash the crowd (lift up her crop top) and her friend (the 3rd hand) actually pulled down against her.  It all happened quick but this looked like the other hand was more trying to restore order rather than instigate chaos / assault.  The camera guy got out of there quick as well, beofre even the director saw it. 

^^^ victim shaming!!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

feedback