[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Jones The Younger  (Read 6796 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Jones The Younger
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2022, 01:01:40 PM »
We have yet to see the full picture yet which Goose has alluded to many times. Once this roster gets 4, 5, 6 explosive wing players, and believe me it will happen, we're talking about a transition game that will be a work of art and subjugate our opponents without any hope whatsoever.  The resurgence is coming. 

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2022, 01:27:31 PM »
Sean Jones = Mandy Johnson, and that is not a bad thing at all.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2022, 01:31:20 PM »
PJDunn

Are you sure you want to go with that comp? I will give you that Mandy was a lockdown defender and Sean looks like he may be one down the road.

I was thinking that Joplin reminds me of Dwayne Johnson in body size and how he works around the basket. Basically, when I see Joplin down low there is some body and style likeness to DJ.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 01:33:03 PM by Goose »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2022, 02:41:52 PM »
Please don't disparage Sean like this.  The only thing in common between Derrick and Sean is physical strength.  Sean's defense, offense, and impact are light years ahead of Senior Year Derrick.
Yes, but imagine Derrick on speed.

Once I see Jones with a blowby baseline dunk like Derrick, the comparison will be complete.

In all seriousness, both excellent defenders who were/are more impactful on that end of the court, poor from outside of 5' from the basket offensively including at the line. Obviously, Sean has a far greater upside being all of 8 games into his college career, and he has elite speed to build upon. Hopefully he can improve his outside shooting during college like post-college Derrick has done.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 02:44:09 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2022, 11:02:33 PM »
While I disagree re most of your opinions here, I’ll leave them alone because they’re beside the point. How good a team is isn’t defined by one player. Henry Ellenson led his team to the 97th best in the country per Pomeroy and no tournament. If you still think this team has no chance to make the tournament unless Sean Jones is our best player you’re just being stubborn and ignoring what’s happening on the court.

I agree Lenny, Sean Jones as the main reason for how good this team can be is woefully underestimating how important the development and contributions of the rest of the players are, including the freshman other than Sean.   Sean Jones is icing on the cake thats foundation is the development of Kolek, K Jones , Omax, Oso, Joplin, Stevie and the other freshman etc.. This is team is definitely not a one man show.  I’m glad we have Sean though. 

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2022, 03:09:00 PM »
PJDunn

Are you sure you want to go with that comp? I will give you that Mandy was a lockdown defender and Sean looks like he may be one down the road.

I was thinking that Joplin reminds me of Dwayne Johnson in body size and how he works around the basket. Basically, when I see Joplin down low there is some body and style likeness to DJ.
Do we start calling Jop "The Rock"? Can you smell what he's cooking? :)

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2022, 03:16:31 PM »
Derrick was a very good defender, yes.  Sean is absolutely elite.
Derrick was called for a lot of fouls his freshmen season. Jones is way ahead of Derrick when you compare them as freshmen.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2022, 03:39:46 PM »
Do we start calling Jop "The Rock"? Can you smell what he's cooking? :)

I call Chase "ATM"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2022, 03:43:59 PM »
I call Chase "ATM"

You never go bass to trout

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2022, 04:16:02 PM »
Derrick was called for a lot of fouls his freshmen season. Jones is way ahead of Derrick when you compare them as freshmen.

Derrick had an immeasurable quality that Sean lacks
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2022, 12:05:14 AM »
Rewatched the Baylor game.

Sean is almost ready to get consistent major minutes.  He's looked really strong the last few games and made all the right decisions.

He single handedly makes it difficult for opponents to start their offense because he is a ball hawk and it is tough to get around him.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 12:19:45 PM by GoldenEagles03 »
VIOLENCE!

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2022, 12:11:51 AM »
Derrick had an immeasurable quality that Sean lacks

His phobia of the bottom of the net?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2022, 12:13:58 PM »

Sean is almost ready to get consistent major minutes.  He's looked really strong the last few games and made all the right decisions.

He single handedly makes it difficult for opponents to start there offense because he is a ball hawk and it is tough to get around him.

Agree. During the Baylor game he didn't seem to have teh confidence in the 3 pt jumper and definitely hesitated on some open shots. If he can get that confidence, I think he is "there" for major minutes.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2022, 12:17:19 PM »
Agree. During the Baylor game he didn't seem to have teh confidence in the 3 pt jumper and definitely hesitated on some open shots. If he can get that confidence, I think he is "there" for major minutes.

Given ND only plays 6 deep rotation, I look forward to him hounding their guards endlessly.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2022, 12:31:13 PM »
Given ND only plays 6 deep rotation, I look forward to him hounding their guards endlessly.

Yep.  Will be very interesting to see how ND handles the on ball pressure for an entire game. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2022, 12:44:20 PM »
Yep.  Will be very interesting to see how ND handles the on ball pressure for an entire game.

TV Teddy will be there with his golden whistle, you can bet on it.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2022, 12:52:15 PM »

Not apples to apples. DJ was much stronger down low, while Joplin is a much better long range shooter, but I see where you are going here.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2022, 12:58:52 PM »

He single handedly makes it difficult for opponents to start their offense because he is a ball hawk and it is tough to get around him.

Jones is averaging 15 1/2 minutes per game. I think that will remain fairly steady the rest of the year. Maybe add a minute or two, but he will not get 'major minutes; unless an injury happens.

Only 4 guys will continue to get major minutes - Prosper, Oso, Kolek, and Kam.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2022, 01:21:04 PM »
Joplin reminds me of Roman Mueller
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2022, 01:22:42 PM »
Biggest sleeper since Rip Van Winkle.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2022, 09:54:00 PM »
TV Teddy will be there with his golden whistle, you can bet on it.

I’m actually concerned about the quick whistle for both the Wisconsin and ND games.  I don’t want them to be less aggressive.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2022, 01:12:05 PM »
I fully expect my comment during the Baylor game about being amazed how Chase and Sean aren’t getting called for the touch fouls that every other MU freshman ever has been called for, to cause the universe to balance itself out in this one game…because it’s Madison

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2022, 02:24:41 PM »
I fully expect my comment during the Baylor game about being amazed how Chase and Sean aren’t getting called for the touch fouls that every other MU freshman ever has been called for, to cause the universe to balance itself out in this one game…because it’s Madison
So, if we lose, it’s your fault!  ;D

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2022, 03:10:07 PM »
So, if we lose, it’s your fault!  ;D
Well, I'll be blaming myself so you all might as well too