[Today at 03:00:28 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Pakuni
[Today at 02:26:49 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jones The Younger  (Read 6908 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Jones The Younger
« on: November 23, 2022, 06:56:52 PM »
He may have gotten away with a few bumps today but he was ultra pestiferous ball hawking the entire game.  The cut off the head of the 🐍 defense pumps me up.  Muggsy was the gold standard, but I absolutely love to see this from our PG.  Anyway, great job by Sean today smothering the opposing guard. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Jones The Younger
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 07:09:12 AM »
He may have gotten away with a few bumps today but he was ultra pestiferous ball hawking the entire game.  The cut off the head of the 🐍 defense pumps me up.  Muggsy was the gold standard, but I absolutely love to see this from our PG.  Anyway, great job by Sean today smothering the opposing guard.
Enjoyable to see a quick player hustle so hard
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 07:33:51 AM »
this kid is tough as nails!  when the gt player took him down hard going after the ball, it looked like he could have been badly injured.  sean just popped back up like nothing happened...hey, we have a game to play here attitude.  many players would've focused on the contact and probably p!ssed off at the other players physicality, maybe rightly so, but sean saw more important things to focus his energy on-boo yeah to that!
don't...don't don't don't don't

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 10:12:39 AM »
this kid is tough as nails!  when the gt player took him down hard going after the ball, it looked like he could have been badly injured.  sean just popped back up like nothing happened...hey, we have a game to play here attitude.  many players would've focused on the contact and probably p!ssed off at the other players physicality, maybe rightly so, but sean saw more important things to focus his energy on-boo yeah to that!

Great tenacity rocket and toughness from the young man.  He still is learning, especially passing the rock once he gets into the paint, but you can see all the tools are there.  He reminds me of a stronger Peyton Siva with the potential to be a far better scorer. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2022, 12:17:46 PM »
I thought going into the season that our one chance of being a Tournament level team was Sean Jones being the best player on our team. I still think he has that ability. He has the speed/athleticism and he showed the ability to score from all 3 levels in high school. I predicted a bad season because I think it’ll take a year for him to get up to speed with this level of play. But if he does get there by BE play that would change my outlook for this season.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rgoode57

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2022, 12:32:01 PM »
I don't know about Sean ever becoming the best player on the team, but he certainly is going to become a very important player. Kansas has used a four-guard lineup for years, and I will not be surprised to see Shaka go to it later this season or next year - primarily to get Sean more floor time. The difference is that Kansas always has a rim protector / rebounder to go with four guards, and I don't think Oso can handle that by himself.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2022, 12:42:39 PM »
I predicted a bad season because I think it’ll take a year for him to get up to speed with this level of play.

I thought you predicted a bad season because you thought the team was short on talent.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2022, 01:08:07 PM »
I thought you predicted a bad season because you thought the team was short on talent.

He did. President of the MOPE club.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2022, 01:15:54 PM »

Correct. And if Sean Jones gets to the point where he’s our best player this year that changes the trajectory of this team.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2022, 01:30:48 PM »
Correct. And if Sean Jones gets to the point where he’s our best player this year that changes the trajectory of this team.

If Sean Jones is our best player this year, he would have to be Marquette best freshman since wades RS freshman year.

I don't see that happening.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2022, 01:38:58 PM »
If Sean Jones is our best player this year, he would have to be Marquette best freshman since wades RS freshman year.

I don't see that happening.

Any of the Big 3 as freshman would’ve been our best player this year (assuming health for Wes). Freshman Markus would be this team’s best player. Ellenson by far would’ve been our best player. Justin Lewis was a freshman eligibility wise last year and would’ve been by far our best player.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2022, 07:53:23 PM »
Sean is really fun to watch, from his in-your-face defense to his speedy drives to the paint and neat backwards toss of the ball under the basket. I expect freshmen to often have a deer-in-the -headlights look on their faces when the going gets tough, but Sean's demeanor is cool, calm and confident.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2022, 08:22:17 PM »
Jones The Younger & Jones The Chucker?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2022, 08:58:28 PM »
Jones The Younger & Jones The Chucker?
Here we...go
Goal is National Championship

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2022, 10:25:57 PM »
I'm a fan of this kid.  Did anyone notice how fast he went, about 65 feet, on that transition hoop in the first half?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2022, 10:26:38 PM »
I'm a fan of this kid.  Did anyone notice how fast he went, about 65 feet, on that transition hoop in the first half?

Yes. Very fast.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2022, 10:28:23 PM »
Yes. Very fast.

Different gear.  You can't teach speed. 

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2022, 11:26:18 PM »
Sean Jones is impressive in many ways.  Just staying in front of the guy he’s defending, and how he moves to keep up with them is stunning.   Great get

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2022, 11:28:48 PM »
I thought going into the season that our one chance of being a Tournament level team was Sean Jones being the best player on our team. I still think he has that ability. He has the speed/athleticism and he showed the ability to score from all 3 levels in high school. I predicted a bad season because I think it’ll take a year for him to get up to speed with this level of play. But if he does get there by BE play that would change my outlook for this season.

I gave a report from the TBT scrimmage that Sean Jones was the truth.  Some laughed it off.

I only speak when spoken to. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

rgoode57

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2022, 07:36:25 AM »
Sean and Chase Ross are both maturing quickly and becoming key contributors. Both are still going to have their freshman moments, but they are going to be great Warriors.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2022, 07:42:18 AM »
Sean and Chase Ross are both maturing quickly and becoming key contributors. Both are still going to have their freshman moments, but they are going to be great Warriors.

I like when Shaka puts them on the floor together. Massive energy, athleticism and speed just when teams usually need a jolt. They had a little bit of a rough stretch in the second half, I mean they are freshmen after all, but they were absolutely fantastic in the first half.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2022, 07:53:49 AM »
Gold is also getting better.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2022, 08:06:35 AM »
What kind of quicks does Tre Norman have? 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2022, 08:12:49 AM »

That acceleration was incredible. Looked like the defender had position when Sean was coming at me, then he just blew by.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2022, 08:16:04 AM »
The Lens

There are non believers out there and such is life. Great win last night and time to do it again on Saturday. I am excited to see all of the posts worried about the Feb fade and how we have not won a NCAA game in a decade.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2022, 08:29:26 AM »
Goose, last night was a victory to be celebrated for all time.  Now, this team, this year, has questions that can only be answered over time.  They aren't new questions.   
Will Kolek do better this year when Big East defenses play him for the pass?
Can Oso hold up down low?  Will he get consistent help?
How will MU adjust when teams start posting Sean up?
Can MU consistently shoot well enough from 3?
What will BEast coaches do to MU and how will MU counter?

Give the other coaches credit.  They have film on MU and are already planning.   Just like Shaka.

None of these are criticisms.   This is a team being led by juniors and sophomores.    If MU has positive answers to all of the questions, it will be fun.   I know last night was.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2022, 08:37:41 AM »
They're already playing Kolek to pass. And he's being exceptionally patient and finally hitting threes.

I think we'll see a bunch of zone at times this year. If Oso can get those lane floaters to fall that will help a ton.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2022, 08:51:04 AM »

All of them
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rgoode57

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2022, 09:01:37 AM »
Ben Gold is also developing nicely and you can see him gaining confidence. He is going to be a really nice addition. Last night he looked like he was enjoying himself, which is a very good sign.

But, the development of Sean Jones and Chase Ross is really way further along than we expected. They both look very comfortable in their roles. I agree that having the two of them on the floor together is fun to watch, and we will undoubtedly see more of it. Cannot wait for Chase's shot to start dropping more frequently, which will come. Was also glad to see Sean last night looking for more assist opportunities.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2022, 09:07:51 AM »
Goose, last night was a victory to be celebrated for all time.  Now, this team, this year, has questions that can only be answered over time.  They aren't new questions.   
Will Kolek do better this year when Big East defenses play him for the pass?
Can Oso hold up down low?  Will he get consistent help?
How will MU adjust when teams start posting Sean up?
Can MU consistently shoot well enough from 3?
What will BEast coaches do to MU and how will MU counter?

Give the other coaches credit.  They have film on MU and are already planning.   Just like Shaka.

None of these are criticisms.   This is a team being led by juniors and sophomores.    If MU has positive answers to all of the questions, it will be fun.   I know last night was.

This is quite fair, it's just one game.  You certainly can't expect teams to kick it away 16 times for 24 points in a half.  That said I saw a controlled agression last night which was a huge positive.  O-Max in particular attacked with much better balance and footwork, used the shot fake and pivot foot, and destroyed Baylor's will once he added the 3-Ball.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2022, 09:22:41 AM »
tower

Last night was one for the ages and it was awesome to watch. Of course, there are still many questions, and we will see how it plays out. One question that has been answered, Sean Jones is legit and fun to watch.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2022, 09:46:06 AM »

Jerel McNeal type athlete.  His game is based more on body control than pure speed or above the rim play.

Zaide Lowery, on the other hand, is an explosive athlete like Chase Ross. 

Al Amadou is also a great athlete.  A different skillset than Oso, but that type of athleticism.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2022, 09:49:45 AM »
Ben Gold is also developing nicely and you can see him gaining confidence. He is going to be a really nice addition. Last night he looked like he was enjoying himself, which is a very good sign.

But, the development of Sean Jones and Chase Ross is really way further along than we expected. They both look very comfortable in their roles. I agree that having the two of them on the floor together is fun to watch, and we will undoubtedly see more of it. Cannot wait for Chase's shot to start dropping more frequently, which will come. Was also glad to see Sean last night looking for more assist opportunities.

I noticed MU went away from playing Gold as the lone big in the last few games. Seems he’s played a lot better alongside Oso.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2022, 09:51:39 AM »
re: sean jones and post ups-we do seem to help out quite well.  our swarming defense has been fun to watch
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2022, 09:52:35 AM »
Yes.   Shaka is experimenting with his players.    Great.    The more uses they all have the better. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Goose

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2022, 10:35:36 AM »
tower

Shaka has ice water in his veins when it comes to lineups on the court. His confidence in putting different lineups on the court is a big part of his system. He gets guys a lot of minutes and it is different look multiple times a game and it is hard to scout that type of system, IMO.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2022, 10:38:03 AM »
Jerel McNeal type athlete.  His game is based more on body control than pure speed or above the rim play.

Zaide Lowery, on the other hand, is an explosive athlete like Chase Ross. 

Al Amadou is also a great athlete.  A different skillset than Oso, but that type of athleticism.

Agree on the above. I am still throwing out the Jalen Brunson comparison for Tre. Super savvy player.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2022, 10:41:15 AM »
tower

Shaka has ice water in his veins when it comes to lineups on the court. His confidence in putting different lineups on the court is a big part of his system. He gets guys a lot of minutes and it is different look multiple times a game and it is hard to scout that type of system, IMO.

I mentioned in the Maestro thread that one of the things I really admire in the two years Shaka has been here is the way the freshmen all play without fear.   He has let them play and it paid off last night.      I love deep teams with interchangeable parts.   

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2022, 10:41:29 AM »
To me, Sean Jones honestly reminds me of a smaller version of Baylor's Davion Mitchell.

Built like a linebacker, fastest player on the court, will get into you defensively and not let go, and has such a quick burst.

Sean has a ways to go offensively to be like Davion, but the skillset looks the same and he is capable of becoming a really good offensive player.
VIOLENCE!

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2022, 10:43:46 AM »
Jones reminds me of Travis Diener
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2022, 11:00:27 AM »
Jones reminds me of Travis Diener

Both wear even numbered jerseys and play for Marquette.
VIOLENCE!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2022, 11:56:40 AM »
Jones reminds me of Derrick Wilson on speed.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2022, 12:04:24 PM »

Please don't disparage Sean like this.  The only thing in common between Derrick and Sean is physical strength.  Sean's defense, offense, and impact are light years ahead of Senior Year Derrick.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2022, 12:05:05 PM »
This is quite fair, it's just one game.  You certainly can't expect teams to kick it away 16 times for 24 points in a half.  That said I saw a controlled agression last night which was a huge positive.  O-Max in particular attacked with much better balance and footwork, used the shot fake and pivot foot, and destroyed Baylor's will once he added the 3-Ball.

I noticed that last night, as well. We have all seen countless times where our bigs have shuffled their feet for travels in the lane before getting a shot off. Several times last night guys were in that situation but stayed composed and scored. OMax's control on drives last night was outstanding. He's gotten into trouble where he has gone from 0-100 on drives and either lost his balance or the ball. He was assertive by his speed was controlled last night. Huge improvement and hopefully the new normal. That seems like a habit that would be hard to break, but the difference last night stood out.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2022, 12:09:30 PM »

That’s a great comp.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2022, 12:26:04 PM »
Please don't disparage Sean like this.  The only thing in common between Derrick and Sean is physical strength.  Sean's defense, offense, and impact are light years ahead of Senior Year Derrick.

Stop it. Derrick Wilson was a fantastic defender, that's not a disparagement at all. Sean's offense is light years ahead of Derrick's.
TAMU

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2022, 12:28:21 PM »
Stop it. Derrick Wilson was a fantastic defender, that's not a disparagement at all. Sean's offense is light years ahead of Derrick's.

Derrick was a very good defender, yes.  Sean is absolutely elite.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2022, 12:40:05 PM »
Any of the Big 3 as freshman would’ve been our best player this year (assuming health for Wes). Freshman Markus would be this team’s best player. Ellenson by far would’ve been our best player. Justin Lewis was a freshman eligibility wise last year and would’ve been by far our best player.

While I disagree re most of your opinions here, I’ll leave them alone because they’re beside the point. How good a team is isn’t defined by one player. Henry Ellenson led his team to the 97th best in the country per Pomeroy and no tournament. If you still think this team has no chance to make the tournament unless Sean Jones is our best player you’re just being stubborn and ignoring what’s happening on the court.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2022, 12:46:21 PM »

Not yet. He will be.
TAMU

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2022, 12:56:32 PM »
They're different defensively.  Derrick was freakishly strong, especially his lower body.  He was extremely tough to post up. Sean is quicker both laterally and vertically. He's not even close to scratching the surface on both ends of the floor.  He will learn how to draw charges and get physically stronger. And of course, when he picks pockets he's dynamic in the open floor, with tier triple 1 zoomability, which is only reserved for a handful of guys.   He's potentially a significanly better Peyton Siva. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2022, 01:01:40 PM »
We have yet to see the full picture yet which Goose has alluded to many times. Once this roster gets 4, 5, 6 explosive wing players, and believe me it will happen, we're talking about a transition game that will be a work of art and subjugate our opponents without any hope whatsoever.  The resurgence is coming. 

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2022, 01:27:31 PM »
Sean Jones = Mandy Johnson, and that is not a bad thing at all.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2022, 01:31:20 PM »
PJDunn

Are you sure you want to go with that comp? I will give you that Mandy was a lockdown defender and Sean looks like he may be one down the road.

I was thinking that Joplin reminds me of Dwayne Johnson in body size and how he works around the basket. Basically, when I see Joplin down low there is some body and style likeness to DJ.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 01:33:03 PM by Goose »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2022, 02:41:52 PM »
Yes, but imagine Derrick on speed.

Once I see Jones with a blowby baseline dunk like Derrick, the comparison will be complete.

In all seriousness, both excellent defenders who were/are more impactful on that end of the court, poor from outside of 5' from the basket offensively including at the line. Obviously, Sean has a far greater upside being all of 8 games into his college career, and he has elite speed to build upon. Hopefully he can improve his outside shooting during college like post-college Derrick has done.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 02:44:09 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2022, 11:02:33 PM »
While I disagree re most of your opinions here, I’ll leave them alone because they’re beside the point. How good a team is isn’t defined by one player. Henry Ellenson led his team to the 97th best in the country per Pomeroy and no tournament. If you still think this team has no chance to make the tournament unless Sean Jones is our best player you’re just being stubborn and ignoring what’s happening on the court.

I agree Lenny, Sean Jones as the main reason for how good this team can be is woefully underestimating how important the development and contributions of the rest of the players are, including the freshman other than Sean.   Sean Jones is icing on the cake thats foundation is the development of Kolek, K Jones , Omax, Oso, Joplin, Stevie and the other freshman etc.. This is team is definitely not a one man show.  I’m glad we have Sean though. 

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2022, 03:09:00 PM »
PJDunn

Are you sure you want to go with that comp? I will give you that Mandy was a lockdown defender and Sean looks like he may be one down the road.

I was thinking that Joplin reminds me of Dwayne Johnson in body size and how he works around the basket. Basically, when I see Joplin down low there is some body and style likeness to DJ.
Do we start calling Jop "The Rock"? Can you smell what he's cooking? :)

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2022, 03:16:31 PM »
Derrick was called for a lot of fouls his freshmen season. Jones is way ahead of Derrick when you compare them as freshmen.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2022, 03:39:46 PM »
Do we start calling Jop "The Rock"? Can you smell what he's cooking? :)

I call Chase "ATM"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2022, 03:43:59 PM »
I call Chase "ATM"

You never go bass to trout

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2022, 04:16:02 PM »
Derrick was called for a lot of fouls his freshmen season. Jones is way ahead of Derrick when you compare them as freshmen.

Derrick had an immeasurable quality that Sean lacks

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2022, 12:05:14 AM »
Rewatched the Baylor game.

Sean is almost ready to get consistent major minutes.  He's looked really strong the last few games and made all the right decisions.

He single handedly makes it difficult for opponents to start their offense because he is a ball hawk and it is tough to get around him.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 12:19:45 PM by GoldenEagles03 »
VIOLENCE!

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2022, 12:11:51 AM »
Derrick had an immeasurable quality that Sean lacks

His phobia of the bottom of the net?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2022, 12:13:58 PM »

Sean is almost ready to get consistent major minutes.  He's looked really strong the last few games and made all the right decisions.

He single handedly makes it difficult for opponents to start there offense because he is a ball hawk and it is tough to get around him.

Agree. During the Baylor game he didn't seem to have teh confidence in the 3 pt jumper and definitely hesitated on some open shots. If he can get that confidence, I think he is "there" for major minutes.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2022, 12:17:19 PM »
Agree. During the Baylor game he didn't seem to have teh confidence in the 3 pt jumper and definitely hesitated on some open shots. If he can get that confidence, I think he is "there" for major minutes.

Given ND only plays 6 deep rotation, I look forward to him hounding their guards endlessly.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2022, 12:31:13 PM »
Given ND only plays 6 deep rotation, I look forward to him hounding their guards endlessly.

Yep.  Will be very interesting to see how ND handles the on ball pressure for an entire game. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2022, 12:44:20 PM »
Yep.  Will be very interesting to see how ND handles the on ball pressure for an entire game.

TV Teddy will be there with his golden whistle, you can bet on it.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2022, 12:52:15 PM »

Not apples to apples. DJ was much stronger down low, while Joplin is a much better long range shooter, but I see where you are going here.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2022, 12:58:52 PM »

He single handedly makes it difficult for opponents to start their offense because he is a ball hawk and it is tough to get around him.

Jones is averaging 15 1/2 minutes per game. I think that will remain fairly steady the rest of the year. Maybe add a minute or two, but he will not get 'major minutes; unless an injury happens.

Only 4 guys will continue to get major minutes - Prosper, Oso, Kolek, and Kam.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2022, 01:21:04 PM »
Joplin reminds me of Roman Mueller

tower912

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2022, 01:22:42 PM »
Biggest sleeper since Rip Van Winkle.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2022, 09:54:00 PM »
TV Teddy will be there with his golden whistle, you can bet on it.

I’m actually concerned about the quick whistle for both the Wisconsin and ND games.  I don’t want them to be less aggressive.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2022, 01:12:05 PM »
I fully expect my comment during the Baylor game about being amazed how Chase and Sean aren’t getting called for the touch fouls that every other MU freshman ever has been called for, to cause the universe to balance itself out in this one game…because it’s Madison

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2022, 02:24:41 PM »
I fully expect my comment during the Baylor game about being amazed how Chase and Sean aren’t getting called for the touch fouls that every other MU freshman ever has been called for, to cause the universe to balance itself out in this one game…because it’s Madison
So, if we lose, it’s your fault!  ;D

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2022, 03:10:07 PM »
So, if we lose, it’s your fault!  ;D
Well, I'll be blaming myself so you all might as well too