[Today at 01:04:10 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Jones The Younger  (Read 6799 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Jones The Younger
« on: November 23, 2022, 06:56:52 PM »
He may have gotten away with a few bumps today but he was ultra pestiferous ball hawking the entire game.  The cut off the head of the 🐍 defense pumps me up.  Muggsy was the gold standard, but I absolutely love to see this from our PG.  Anyway, great job by Sean today smothering the opposing guard. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Jones The Younger
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 07:09:12 AM »
He may have gotten away with a few bumps today but he was ultra pestiferous ball hawking the entire game.  The cut off the head of the 🐍 defense pumps me up.  Muggsy was the gold standard, but I absolutely love to see this from our PG.  Anyway, great job by Sean today smothering the opposing guard.
Enjoyable to see a quick player hustle so hard
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 07:33:51 AM »
this kid is tough as nails!  when the gt player took him down hard going after the ball, it looked like he could have been badly injured.  sean just popped back up like nothing happened...hey, we have a game to play here attitude.  many players would've focused on the contact and probably p!ssed off at the other players physicality, maybe rightly so, but sean saw more important things to focus his energy on-boo yeah to that!
don't...don't don't don't don't

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 10:12:39 AM »
this kid is tough as nails!  when the gt player took him down hard going after the ball, it looked like he could have been badly injured.  sean just popped back up like nothing happened...hey, we have a game to play here attitude.  many players would've focused on the contact and probably p!ssed off at the other players physicality, maybe rightly so, but sean saw more important things to focus his energy on-boo yeah to that!

Great tenacity rocket and toughness from the young man.  He still is learning, especially passing the rock once he gets into the paint, but you can see all the tools are there.  He reminds me of a stronger Peyton Siva with the potential to be a far better scorer. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2022, 12:17:46 PM »
I thought going into the season that our one chance of being a Tournament level team was Sean Jones being the best player on our team. I still think he has that ability. He has the speed/athleticism and he showed the ability to score from all 3 levels in high school. I predicted a bad season because I think it’ll take a year for him to get up to speed with this level of play. But if he does get there by BE play that would change my outlook for this season.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rgoode57

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2022, 12:32:01 PM »
I don't know about Sean ever becoming the best player on the team, but he certainly is going to become a very important player. Kansas has used a four-guard lineup for years, and I will not be surprised to see Shaka go to it later this season or next year - primarily to get Sean more floor time. The difference is that Kansas always has a rim protector / rebounder to go with four guards, and I don't think Oso can handle that by himself.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2022, 12:42:39 PM »
I predicted a bad season because I think it’ll take a year for him to get up to speed with this level of play.

I thought you predicted a bad season because you thought the team was short on talent.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2022, 01:08:07 PM »
I thought you predicted a bad season because you thought the team was short on talent.

He did. President of the MOPE club.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2022, 01:15:54 PM »

Correct. And if Sean Jones gets to the point where he’s our best player this year that changes the trajectory of this team.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2022, 01:30:48 PM »
Correct. And if Sean Jones gets to the point where he’s our best player this year that changes the trajectory of this team.

If Sean Jones is our best player this year, he would have to be Marquette best freshman since wades RS freshman year.

I don't see that happening.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2022, 01:38:58 PM »
If Sean Jones is our best player this year, he would have to be Marquette best freshman since wades RS freshman year.

I don't see that happening.

Any of the Big 3 as freshman would’ve been our best player this year (assuming health for Wes). Freshman Markus would be this team’s best player. Ellenson by far would’ve been our best player. Justin Lewis was a freshman eligibility wise last year and would’ve been by far our best player.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2022, 07:53:23 PM »
Sean is really fun to watch, from his in-your-face defense to his speedy drives to the paint and neat backwards toss of the ball under the basket. I expect freshmen to often have a deer-in-the -headlights look on their faces when the going gets tough, but Sean's demeanor is cool, calm and confident.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2022, 08:22:17 PM »
Jones The Younger & Jones The Chucker?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2022, 08:58:28 PM »
Jones The Younger & Jones The Chucker?
Here we...go
Goal is National Championship

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2022, 10:25:57 PM »
I'm a fan of this kid.  Did anyone notice how fast he went, about 65 feet, on that transition hoop in the first half?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2022, 10:26:38 PM »
I'm a fan of this kid.  Did anyone notice how fast he went, about 65 feet, on that transition hoop in the first half?

Yes. Very fast.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2022, 10:28:23 PM »
Yes. Very fast.

Different gear.  You can't teach speed. 

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2022, 11:26:18 PM »
Sean Jones is impressive in many ways.  Just staying in front of the guy he’s defending, and how he moves to keep up with them is stunning.   Great get

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2022, 11:28:48 PM »
I thought going into the season that our one chance of being a Tournament level team was Sean Jones being the best player on our team. I still think he has that ability. He has the speed/athleticism and he showed the ability to score from all 3 levels in high school. I predicted a bad season because I think it’ll take a year for him to get up to speed with this level of play. But if he does get there by BE play that would change my outlook for this season.

I gave a report from the TBT scrimmage that Sean Jones was the truth.  Some laughed it off.

I only speak when spoken to. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

rgoode57

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2022, 07:36:25 AM »
Sean and Chase Ross are both maturing quickly and becoming key contributors. Both are still going to have their freshman moments, but they are going to be great Warriors.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2022, 07:42:18 AM »
Sean and Chase Ross are both maturing quickly and becoming key contributors. Both are still going to have their freshman moments, but they are going to be great Warriors.

I like when Shaka puts them on the floor together. Massive energy, athleticism and speed just when teams usually need a jolt. They had a little bit of a rough stretch in the second half, I mean they are freshmen after all, but they were absolutely fantastic in the first half.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2022, 07:53:49 AM »
Gold is also getting better.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2022, 08:06:35 AM »
What kind of quicks does Tre Norman have? 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2022, 08:12:49 AM »

That acceleration was incredible. Looked like the defender had position when Sean was coming at me, then he just blew by.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2022, 08:16:04 AM »
The Lens

There are non believers out there and such is life. Great win last night and time to do it again on Saturday. I am excited to see all of the posts worried about the Feb fade and how we have not won a NCAA game in a decade.

feedback