[Today at 09:14:22 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by TheREALwrk
[Today at 09:11:45 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Omax  (Read 5904 times)

BCHoopster

• All American
Omax
« on: November 21, 2022, 11:54:31 PM »
Omax scored 31 playing a cupcake, today I do think he made a bucket.  Yes, he is a solid defender that does not understand the game. Twice he had rebounds, first thing did then is dribble and lose it. I do blame his teammates about the steal in the backcourt, but a guard should be getting the ball from him.  This team will get better as the season goes along, but Shaka has to put restraints on Kam, hard to watch.  Another year of losing close games. Not sure I love the offense, MSU took out the pick and roll which makes Oso a non factor. Then Shaka keeps on recruiting skinny non-rebounding kids, not better with the 2 more guards next year. Lots of buckets on TV, every team has bigs that have some muscle, MU non.  Lucky the Big East sucks this year so they still have a chance to win some games!

CountryRoads

• All American
Re: Omax
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 12:09:48 AM »
It’s hard for me to say a bad word about Omax. He gives maximum effort. He was the one guy who came through on the biggest stage last year. He’s not without flaws though. It’s absolute chaos whenever the ball is in his hands or even near him. He’s completely out of control at all times, he starts running the other way before he has even corralled the ball, and he has zero concept for where the defenders are. I really love his effort though so I think he’ll come through in some big games this year. 

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 12:10:06 AM »
he made a last second prayer 3 from the corner. But yes, he needs  to be a lot better if we wanna be sucessful.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 04:48:37 AM »
Cannot fault the effort.   Still going a little too fast.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 06:50:34 AM »
Having absolutely zip off the bench behind Oso is a killer.
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2022, 07:32:30 AM »
He’s the most out of control player I can remember. The only other player that comes to mind is DJO but DJO was good and really only out of control when he got a full head of steam and would go coast to coast while dribbling above his head

Is Omax still leaving early to go pro?
Bring back FFP!!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2022, 07:34:55 AM »
Somewhere between sophomore year Cain and sophomore year Wilson.   You can see it is all there.  It just needs to slow down for him.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2022, 08:25:12 AM »
He’s the most out of control player I can remember. The only other player that comes to mind is DJO but DJO was good and really only out of control when he got a full head of steam and would go coast to coast while dribbling above his head

What league would that be?

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2022, 08:58:32 AM »
What league would that be?

That’s exactly what I’ve been wondering. Him going pro was the talk of the summer
Bring back FFP!!!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2022, 09:10:55 AM »
That’s exactly what I’ve been wondering. Him going pro was the talk of the summer

How many Scoopers were seriously talking about him going pro?

We do this all the time. One or 3 or 5 people have a hot take and then it becomes a theme here. I've been guilty too; for example, just one mope called Markus a "cancer," and I've made references to it, as if 100 Scoopers had called him that -- I've stopped doing it because it was stoopid. One or two guys talked about us not being able to score 50 last season, and that became a regular dig. Etc.

My point being, I don't think there was anything anywhere near any kind of prevailing thought that O-Max had a chance to be an NBA player after this season.

Of course, as we've seen with Vander, Carton and especially Bailey, just because a guy doesn't have much (or any) chance of being an NBA player, it doesn't mean he won't declare for the draft. I have no idea where O-Max fits in that realm; I sure hope he's being realistic and getting good advice. I mean, O-Max has to know that Lewis was 5x the prospect he was and didn't get drafted.

He's not NBA material, 99.9999% of Scoopers know it, and 98% (or more) knew it before the season, too. Doesn't mean he's not a solid college basketball player with a shot at being a good to very good college player.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2022, 09:13:39 AM »
How many Scoopers were seriously talking about him going pro?

There were a few, but I thought the hubub was that we are over signed for next year, but not to worry because a player already told Shaka he was going pro after this year.  I think many assumed that was OMax - it may not have been?

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2022, 09:18:27 AM »
We also have a tendency to way overreact.  Chase has a nice game and we have people saying he's the best pro prospect on the team.  Sean has a nice game and there are calls for him to start.  Omax had some nice stretches last year where it was realistic to see him making a jump to being a NBA level prospect.  That doesn't seem to have been the case.  It's just the nature of being a fan.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2022, 09:20:04 AM »
OMax has problems that close coaching should be able to correct - if he responds.  Same with Kam - they need to be like Kolek in attitude to change and get coached up and get better.   

Wojo had problems recruiting point guards.   We now have that under control mostly.  But we have problems recruiting bigs.  Yes we recruit tall thin kids who are going up against sturdier players.  Hopefully the recruiting process gets better in all fronts but especially with bigs.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2022, 09:27:56 AM »
I thought, and still think, that Omax's size, speed and ability to guard multiple positions translates to the NBA better than Justin.  Clearly, his offensive game needs to improve.   But he has to do it.  If Juan and Cain can make it....

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2022, 09:52:13 AM »
I thought, and still think, that Omax's size, speed and ability to guard multiple positions translates to the NBA better than Justin.  Clearly, his offensive game needs to improve.   But he has to do it.  If Juan and Cain can make it....

Yep, I'm constantly amazed how many people think college production is what matters when projecting pro players. What matters is body type and defense. Offense is a distant third.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2022, 09:57:27 AM »
Yep, I'm constantly amazed how many people think college production is what matters when projecting pro players. What matters is body type and defense. Offense is a distant third.

Shooting is very important.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2022, 10:01:09 AM »
Shooting is very important.

Not even close to defense and body type.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2022, 10:06:18 AM »
There were few, if any, that were more bullish on Omax coming into the season than I was, and time will tell. IMO, he is the key to this team having success in BE play and am not jumping off the train. My optimism stemmed from the fact that when he slowed things down last year, he showed a great deal of promise. If he can start hitting some shots maybe things slow down for him.

That being said, I will not argue with anyone for criticism thrown his way thus far this season. He has been wildly inconsistent and reckless with the ball. In addition, he really has not shown any flashes, in real games, of being a multi offensive threat. At this point, I am disappointed but believe much better days are ahead for Omax.

As for my comment on him being the next guy to leave early for the NBA, I still believe that he is a great athlete, potential to be an elite defender and he has offensive skills when he plays under control. I think he is light years beyond where Cain was a sophmore and a much more polished basketball player.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2022, 10:08:44 AM »
Not even close to defense and body type.
Yes and shooting can be easier to correct and if you take the time off practice to work on your shot it should improve.
Goal is National Championship

TheGym

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2022, 10:15:48 AM »

Greg Elliot is the most recent one.  Loved his attitude but everything seemed to be out of control.  Watched a Pitt game a few days ago and nothing has changed.

rgoode57

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2022, 10:35:21 AM »
Omax is a very athletic guy who plays extremely hard and is a significant asset on defense. On offense, he is too often out of control and tries to dribble too much. Unfortunately, he is not a strong rebounder, which is surprising given his size and athleticism. But, that is partly because he is frequently guarding the perimeter and is not under the basket on defense. I love his effort. However, with a starting lineup of Oso, Omax, Kolek, Mitchell, and Kam Jones, there is not a lot of offensive firepower there.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2022, 10:57:38 AM »
If Juan and Cain can make it....

This is the best argument for O-Max to have an NBA career. I don't see it, at least not yet, but we'll see.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2022, 11:29:51 AM »
There were a few, but I thought the hubub was that we are over signed for next year, but not to worry because a player already told Shaka he was going pro after this year.  I think many assumed that was OMax - it may not have been?

Not saying Omax might leave, but another player for sure is leaving, that player got over recruited, probably leave in spring.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2022, 12:07:22 PM »
Not saying Omax might leave, but another player for sure is leaving, that player got over recruited, probably leave in spring.

They’ve been “out-smarted”
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2022, 12:59:51 PM »
If Omax could be simply a 3, D and rebound guy, it'd go a long way.

Right now he can't hit that corner 3

feedback