[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Viper
[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 2022-23 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread  (Read 220120 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: 2022-23 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread
« Reply #400 on: November 26, 2022, 12:50:08 PM »
Are you Wades Daddy?

It's Year 2 FFS.  Wades seems to like Sean Jones.  Most seem to think Chase Ross has a high ceiling and could be a "dude."  Ben Gold has good potential.  Tyler Kolek and O-Max have been very good additions to the program.  Wojo's guys - Kam, Stevie and Oso have all shown growth.  We don't know enough about Ellis yet.  Joplin is a question mark.  Itjere is a 5-year project.

Shaka's laid out his vision - to build from within and invest in the guys in the program..which means we likely aren't going to be big players in the transfer market.  If there's a hole so far, it is that we likely will be a little thin (literally) in the front court.  But Shaka wants to play fast and we likely won't see many if any big bruisers under Shaka.

Correct. And I have my doubts about that philosophy in today’s day of NIL and free transfers that it’s a good philosophy to not look into the transfer market.

I think Shaka’s better than Wojo. But Shaka has now gone as long without an NCAA Tournament win as Wojo did. I think he’ll get one eventually. But I don’t think teams with OMax as your best pro prospect get a ton of Tourney wins.

LOL - Yeah.  Another stellar Wades pretzel.  I'm willing to wager the $1k, and "put my money where my mouth is."  I gamble to win (or lose) money, not for charity.  If he's so charitable, and wins the bet, he can send my $1k to the charity of his choice.  If I win, I want his money.  Simple as that.  He won't make the bet.

Yes. I’m in a pretzel. I’ve said since the moment I posted it that I’d do it for charity. You’re the one who said I was afraid of the bet when I wouldn’t pay you $1K.

You talk big. You never back it up. Ever.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

panda

• All American
« Reply #401 on: November 26, 2022, 12:57:41 PM »
Cool story.  In that case why don't you be me $1K - you can have Kolek under 35% for the year, I've got the over?  The winner gets the money.  I'm not making this wager to "prove points."  WTAF kind of point is that?

It's absurd for you to interject yourself into this between me and Wades, but even more absurd is to suggest I have no belief in my convictions when I'm willing to make the wager.  There are a lot of dumb arguments on Scoop, but you (and Wades) are making this one, one of the dumbest.

If you’re willing to make a wager, you would’ve made the wager already. Wades set the terms and you’re squelching on them.

Oh well, bet or no bet, you’ll always be able to hang your hat on the fact you bragged to a bunch of people on a message board that you used to be able to dunk.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #402 on: November 26, 2022, 12:59:07 PM »
Can this be retitled to the wades/Ners non-bet thread?
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #403 on: November 26, 2022, 01:04:10 PM »
Can this be retitled to the wades/Ners non-bet thread?

Yes please.
Ners obsession with Wojo is exhausting, weird, and concerning. It doesn’t need to be constantly brought up but he loves Wojo… a lover scorned.

tower912

• All American
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #405 on: November 26, 2022, 01:04:34 PM »
Correct. And I have my doubts about that philosophy in today’s day of NIL and free transfers that it’s a good philosophy to not look into the transfer market.

I think Shaka’s better than Wojo. But Shaka has now gone as long without an NCAA Tournament win as Wojo did. I think he’ll get one eventually. But I don’t think teams with OMax as your best pro prospect get a ton of Tourney wins.

Yes. I’m in a pretzel. I’ve said since the moment I posted it that I’d do it for charity. You’re the one who said I was afraid of the bet when I wouldn’t pay you $1K.

You talk big. You never back it up. Ever.

I'm not sure O-Max is our best NBA prospect but I think in today's game, having  NBA players, isn't the only path to tournament success or a F4.  Loyola-Chi wasn't exactly littered with pros.  Nova last year did not have a sure NBA player and obviously St. Peter's didn't either.   

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #406 on: November 26, 2022, 01:10:55 PM »
I've never been to a UW/Marquette game, but I'm thinking of going on Saturday.  What is the crowd split usually like at those games?

It looks on TV like each school travels well but hard to tell on TV what the actual split is.
VIOLENCE!

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #407 on: November 26, 2022, 01:13:28 PM »
I've never been to a UW/Marquette game, but I'm thinking of going on Saturday.  What is the crowd split usually like at those games?

It looks on TV like each school travels well but hard to tell on TV what the actual split is.

You’re an MU fan that has never been to an MU vs. UW game?

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #408 on: November 26, 2022, 01:16:58 PM »
If you’re willing to make a wager, you would’ve made the wager already. Wades set the terms and you’re squelching on them.

Oh well, bet or no bet, you’ll always be able to hang your hat on the fact you bragged to a bunch of people on a message board that you used to be able to dunk.

You apparently think stating facts = bragging.  You apparently think not agreeing to where the money goes on a bet is being "afraid" or even funnier "squelching" to make the bet. Nonsense.  If Wades were confident in his bet, he'd have no problem making it as the money would end up at a charity.  (See two can play at that game.) So, despite your weird decision to interject yourself into this debate, and refer to modifying bet terms as "squelching" you should focus more on evaluating our basketball program.

Yes please.
Ners obsession with Wojo is exhausting, weird, and concerning. It doesn’t need to be constantly brought up but he loves Wojo… a lover scorned.

There's no obsession with Wojo.  The Wojo lover scorned is Wades.  That guy went full on mancrush fanboy for Wojo.  But you could say there is an obsession about calling Wades out for his garbage (MOPE) takes on the current state of our team, program, and players.  Context matters and Wades thought Wojo was the goods - therefore, his opinions on a Head Coach should be taken with a grain of salt.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #409 on: November 26, 2022, 01:22:50 PM »
You’re an MU fan that has never been to an MU vs. UW game?

Correct.

I didn't go to Marquette. I've been a fan since as long as I can remember basically.  I go to about 4 or 5 games a year but never been to an MU/UW game.

VIOLENCE!

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #410 on: November 26, 2022, 01:25:53 PM »
I don’t care what Wadesworld thought of Wojo. What I need to know in determining whether to take his opinions as gospel or not is…has he ever dunked?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #411 on: November 26, 2022, 01:30:27 PM »
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #412 on: November 26, 2022, 01:43:10 PM »
Marquette will be a small favorite vs. Wisconsin, the public will be on Wisconsin, and I’ll gladly lay the 1-3 points.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #413 on: November 26, 2022, 01:55:26 PM »
Marquette will be a small favorite vs. Wisconsin, the public will be on Wisconsin, and I’ll gladly lay the 1-3 points.

I agree with this analysis.  Right now KenPom has MU favored to win by 2 points.  I'd very comfortable giving up to 3.5 to UW-Madison.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #414 on: November 26, 2022, 02:12:03 PM »
Ners: the guy who complained he bet all his money away and had to live in apartments that had hallways that were pee infested because, as he claimed, black people are lazy and bring it upon themselves. Then hear here complaining about not taking his bets. Maybe he shouldn’t be betting money?

panda

• All American
« Reply #415 on: November 26, 2022, 02:16:15 PM »
You apparently think stating facts = bragging.  You apparently think not agreeing to where the money goes on a bet is being "afraid" or even funnier "squelching" to make the bet. Nonsense.  If Wades were confident in his bet, he'd have no problem making it as the money would end up at a charity.  (See two can play at that game.) So, despite your weird decision to interject yourself into this debate, and refer to modifying bet terms as "squelching" you should focus more on evaluating our basketball program.

There's no obsession with Wojo.  The Wojo lover scorned is Wades.  That guy went full on mancrush fanboy for Wojo.  But you could say there is an obsession about calling Wades out for his garbage (MOPE) takes on the current state of our team, program, and players.  Context matters and Wades thought Wojo was the goods - therefore, his opinions on a Head Coach should be taken with a grain of salt.

Keep posting this is hilarious

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #416 on: November 26, 2022, 02:55:22 PM »

It's probably 85/15 Marquette. Maybe more, but they definitely make their presence felt, and it seems like there's a few red shirts in every section.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #417 on: November 26, 2022, 03:13:14 PM »
It's probably 85/15 Marquette. Maybe more, but they definitely make their presence felt, and it seems like there's a few red shirts in every section.

And the suites are majority red

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #418 on: November 26, 2022, 03:27:22 PM »
Too bad you think our team is trash, yet we led Purdue for 34 minutes on its home floor in Year 2 of the Shaka regime.  Yet somehow you were Wojo's biggest fanboy for 5+ years, even knowing that in his 2nd year at MU we got our doors absolutely blown off at home by #23 Iowa, 89-61.  But hey, he at least could recruit a McDonald's All American in Henry, right?  And Shaka's recruiting sucks, as we don't have any "dudes."  Am I right?
Boy you're way off, just dumb rants.
Goal is National Championship

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #419 on: November 26, 2022, 03:29:53 PM »

Thanks!
VIOLENCE!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #420 on: November 26, 2022, 03:30:45 PM »

Huge man crush obsession, crazy
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 03:59:22 PM by Newsdreams »
Goal is National Championship

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #421 on: November 26, 2022, 03:31:57 PM »
Kent State lead #2 Houston with under a minute to play.

It looks like Houston is going to hold on. Game in the 40's.
VIOLENCE!

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #422 on: November 26, 2022, 06:56:54 PM »
VIOLENCE!

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #423 on: November 27, 2022, 10:51:05 AM »
Syracuse is turning into a legit train wreck. The fan base is 100% against JB.

Crazy to think back to the BE 15 years ago (best ever CBB conference) and SU & UofL were "blue blood" type programs. Now a combined 3-9 vs mostly cupcakes.

JWags85

• All American