[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] Notre Dame Preview  (Read 3212 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
[Cracked Sidewalks] Notre Dame Preview
« on: October 26, 2022, 07:40:48 AM »
It's the preview Marquette fans have been waiting a decade for. Notre Dame is finally back on the schedule. Cracked Sidewalks looks at a resurgent Irish team.

https://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2022/10/notre-dame-preview-2022-23.html?m=1
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] Notre Dame Preview
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 08:11:27 AM »
The real question is how many MU fans will travel to this one. I was shocked by the ticket availability when purchasing ours. I think there will be a lot of gold in the building!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 08:14:40 AM »
ND Sucks
Goal is National Championship

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 08:27:25 AM »
Damn you to hell, David Rivers. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2022, 01:03:22 PM »
The real question is how many MU fans will travel to this one. I was shocked by the ticket availability when purchasing ours. I think there will be a lot of gold in the building!

Thanks Brew.

The half empty stadium for ND basketball games over the last several years is really pathetic.  Hopefully MU fans take up those tickets and it’s at least half MU fans if not more.  The experience factor is the only problem with this game. All the red shirt seniors starting have had their moments over the last 5-6 years. If they put it all together they will be a tough team mentally to beat.  Let’s hope our athleticism on the defensive end overwhelms them leading to easy buckets.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2022, 04:05:58 PM »
Bump.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2022, 04:40:22 PM »
Doc got ‘em in ‘81 and Michael Wilson started the MECCA party

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2022, 04:58:16 PM »
Best game I attended while I was a student.  By far.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2022, 06:04:55 PM »
Sam Worthen another MUBB hero vs Notre Dame in 1980.
Steve Novak vs ND in 2006.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcZz-er3pEE

mug644

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2022, 07:46:14 PM »

Let's remind everyone of our reality of our time as MU students, Tower.

Tower, myself and David Rivers all started our freshman year in 84-85. Marquette had already lost the last two in the series versus ND.

MU played ND eight times in our four years. Like me, I'm sure Tower was at at least four of them (at the MECCA). MU lost all eight times. Here's where my animosity skews the reality of my memory, as I'm sure that David Rivers hit the winning shot in all eight games.

(MU went on to lose the next two after we graduated, running the ND streak to 12 straight wins before MU won in Dec '89.)

Further, as an out-of-state student, I never felt the same sense of rivalry against UW as I did against ND. (MU went 1-3 against Madison during our years, which pretty much just shows how much our team sucked those years.) This Sunday's game is more important to me to win than the UW game last week.

ND sucks, now and forever.

F***. I just looked even more closely at the games during our years. Here's the progression of ND's margin of victory in those 8 games:

Is there anyone who would deny that ND is evil? (And that the Majerus-Dukiet years were the absolute worst.)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 09:26:42 PM by mug644 »

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2022, 08:07:55 PM »
Hmmm. Grind the pace, don't turn it over, shoot a lot of threes.

Hate to say it, but is sounds like last week (Rodents).

I thought after the Baylor rout that it would really be an accomplishment to beat Baylor & Wisconsin in the same week, and they weren't up to it.
Here's hoping that Shaka and staff have learned some things about how to deal with tedious, conservative play. The bonus is that ND is worse
on the O boards than we are.

We need this one.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2022, 08:23:05 PM »
Hmmm. Grind the pace, don't turn it over, shoot a lot of threes.

Hate to say it, but is sounds like last week (Rodents).

I thought after the Baylor rout that it would really be an accomplishment to beat Baylor & Wisconsin in the same week, and they weren't up to it.
Here's hoping that Shaka and staff have learned some things about how to deal with tedious, conservative play. The bonus is that ND is worse
on the O boards than we are.

We need this one.

We just have to make a couple more shots than Radford, Lipscomb, BU, BG etc did against them at home.  I don’t think that’s a tall order.  ND shot 49% from 3 tonight and beat the Kenpom 254 ranked team BU by six.  It’s a broken record for ND.  MU plays their average game they should win.  ND is terrible.  A loss would not be looked as a good loss by the NCAA committee. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 08:42:50 PM by Shooter McGavin »

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2022, 08:27:11 PM »
As long as we stay healthy and no one comes down with any illness like so many players are across CBB are right now, I think we come home with a WIN!
VIOLENCE!

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2022, 08:28:35 PM »
As long as we stay healthy and no one comes down with any illness like so many players are across CBB are right now, I think we come home with a WIN!

So you’ve now predicted a loss and a win in this game. You’ve got all your bases covered!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2022, 08:28:58 PM »
mug644, way to represent.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2022, 08:48:43 PM »
Let's remind everyone of our reality of our time as MU fans, Tower.

Tower, myself and David Rivers all started our freshman year in 84-85. Marquette had already lost the last two in the series versus ND.

MU played ND eight times in our four years. Like me, I'm sure Tower was at at least four of them (at the MECCA). MU lost all eight times. Here's where my animosity skews the reality of my memory, as I'm sure that David Rivers hit the winning shot in all eight games.

(MU went on to lose the next two after we graduated, running the ND streak to 12 straight wins before MU won in Dec '89.)

Further, as an out-of-state student, I never felt the same sense of rivalry against UW as I did against ND. (MU went 1-3 against Madison during our years, which pretty much just shows how much our team sucked those years.) This Sunday's game is more important to me to win than the UW game last week.

F***. I just looked even more closely at the games during our years. Here's the progression of ND's margin of victory in those 8 games:

Is there anyone who would deny that ND is evil? (And that the Majerus-Dukiet years were the absolute worst.)

I was at the 89 game when the court was stormed after beating ND.  Can’t believe in that short of time the program had sunk that low.  How embarrassing. It’s that decade (80s) that ND took a seemingly insurmountable overall winning record against us, basically winning twice yearly. They had it before that but those years cemented it.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2022, 09:10:51 PM »
I was at the 89 game when the court was stormed after beating ND.  Can’t believe in that short of time the program had sunk that low.  How embarrassing. It’s that decade (80s) that ND took a seemingly insurmountable overall winning record against us, basically winning twice yearly. They had it before that but those years cemented it.

Studying the MU b-ball wiki page on ND (https://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/men_s_basketball/notre_dame), my quick glance is that we've never had a run of more than 3 wins (and only 3 such runs), while ND has had two runs of 12 straight victories. Tough to be leading the overall series with such numbers.

ND sucks.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2022, 09:12:31 PM »
Studying the MU b-ball wiki page on ND (https://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/men_s_basketball/notre_dame), my quick glance is that we've never had a run of more than 3 wins (and only 3 such runs), while ND has had two runs of 12 straight victories. Tough to be leading the overall series with such numbers.

ND sucks.

Yep.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2022, 10:30:45 AM »

ND sucks.
I was at MU during one of those runs and even got to see MU beat them at SB, didn't pay, got in with fake press credentials.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2022, 01:30:25 PM »
Let's remind everyone of our reality of our time as MU students, Tower.

I do not deny.  Class of '86.  We were 0-6 and all 6 games were close.  I attended 2 at ND and 3 at MU.  Every one of them was a gut punch.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2022, 01:49:19 PM »
We just have to make a couple more shots than Radford, Lipscomb, BU, BG etc did against them at home.  I don’t think that’s a tall order.  ND shot 49% from 3 tonight and beat the Kenpom 254 ranked team BU by six.  It’s a broken record for ND.  MU plays their average game they should win.  ND is terrible.  A loss would not be looked as a good loss by the NCAA committee.

ND isn't terrible and this will be a Q2 game, so a loss would not kill us.

If MU plays well, they should win.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2022, 02:00:50 PM »
ND isn't terrible and this will be a Q2 game, so a loss would not kill us.

If MU plays well, they should win.

Ok not terrible.  They are ok and a top 100 type of team.  Hopefully we can beat that caliber of team.  No loss is a total disaster so you’re right the team should be ok. 

But very good opportunity to beat a beatable team on the road. 

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2022, 04:39:39 PM »
I have confidence that Marquette is going into that building and coming home with the win.  We are battle tested, we are desperate for a road win, we are more talented.  Sometimes you just gotta put your foot down and just take a win.  I expect this team to do that.  Hopefully there is a strong MU presence on the road that can give them a jolt early.
VIOLENCE!

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2022, 04:52:45 PM »
I've watched a couple ND games this year. From what I've seen, they don't give up a lot at the rim but they do allow dribble penetration and kick outs for open shots.

Might be as simple as making our open shots.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2022, 04:54:30 PM »
I have confidence that Marquette is going into that building and coming home with the win.  We are battle tested, we are desperate for a road win, we are more talented.  Sometimes you just gotta put your foot down and just take a win.  I expect this team to do that.  Hopefully there is a strong MU presence on the road that can give them a jolt early.
We lose by 23