[Today at 03:40:45 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin Volleyball Leak  (Read 3780 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Wisconsin Volleyball Leak
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2022, 12:08:10 PM »
“Uhh, sorry, that’s awful. Also, you shouldn’t leave your laptop in plain view of your unattended car.” <—- reasonable to say both

Sure though there's a time and place. This:

so, the badgers women's volleyball team, whose attempts to boost their personal NIL is going badly.  they ever hear of onlyfans? 

so one of the beefs is that the pics were not supposed to be shared publicly? 

really really??  do these college age adults have any idea of how this stuff works?  ya know how the pics wouldn't have been shared?  keep your damn clothes on

this one ranks right up there with bo ryan's masseuse

Is not that.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2022, 12:21:16 PM »
I can’t keep track of who the real victims are.  I need a card to help me out
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2022, 12:23:24 PM »
Ah yes. People need to teach their daughters not to wear revealing clothing and men won’t be tempted to rape you.

Brutal. Really brutal.

You're a person who jumps to hyperbole one clearly didn't say? You're debating the same as the people you most often hate on on here, it's quite ironic.
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2022, 01:38:21 PM »
You're a person who jumps to hyperbole one clearly didn't say? You're debating the same as the people you most often hate on on here, it's quite ironic.

That’s not hyperbole at all. It’s exactly the same. Reduce your risk, right? Idiots are out there, so if you don’t want your nude locker room photos to get out to the public then don’t take them. Idiots are also out there, so if you don’t want to be sexually assaulted then don’t wear revealing clothing or have one too many drinks. It’s the same argument and it’s absolutely brutal. I’m glad you’re so upset by it because you should be.

We can compare someone leaving a laptop in the front seat of a car where break ins are common to nude photos in a locker room being leaked, but we can’t compare nudes being liked to sexual assault. That’s a step too far. Got it.

There’s one person at fault here. It’s the person who leaked it. Full stop.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 01:42:26 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2022, 02:06:27 PM »
That’s not hyperbole at all. It’s exactly the same. Reduce your risk, right? Idiots are out there, so if you don’t want your nude locker room photos to get out to the public then don’t take them. Idiots are also out there, so if you don’t want to be sexually assaulted then don’t wear revealing clothing or have one too many drinks. It’s the same argument and it’s absolutely brutal. I’m glad you’re so upset by it because you should be.

We can compare someone leaving a laptop in the front seat of a car where break ins are common to nude photos in a locker room being leaked, but we can’t compare nudes being liked to sexual assault. That’s a step too far. Got it.

There’s one person at fault here. It’s the person who leaked it. Full stop.

It is exactly hyperbole, I said something way different and you blew it into a point I definitely was not making nor agree with, it's like if a moderate said "I'm for abortion in some cases" and someones replied "oh you wanna kill all the babies!".

It assumes provocative clothing is the cause of these assaults, it's not. It can happen to a mom in jeans and a sweatshirt, or a person out jogging, or to a teen wearing booty shirts and a crop top whether in a crap area, a college campus, high school party, in the park etc. You're not putting yourself into the situation by wearing provocative clothing, the entire world is already fairly unsafe you didn't make a conscious decision to make it worse.

These weren't some secret cam photos for which I'd have loads of sympathy for, they were clearly on someone's phone (for the record a blurred one came up on Reddit I wasn't out looking so idk about the other photos). They didn't think "hey she hands her phone off to a ton of people maybe leaving our topless photo on her phone is a bad idea" or "she can be vindictive when she's drunk maybe we should ask her to delete that" I mean come on.

By making the comparison you did you're trivializing the trauma of someone who absolutely did nothing to get assaulted to people who actively put themselves into the precarious spot from the get go. It's hyperbole and a false equivalency.
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2022, 02:13:18 PM »
It is exactly hyperbole, I said something way different and you blew it into a point I definitely was not making nor agree with, it's like if a moderate said "I'm for abortion in some cases" and someones replied "oh you wanna kill all the babies!".

It assumes provocative clothing is the cause of these assaults, it's not. It can happen to a mom in jeans and a sweatshirt, or a person out jogging, or to a teen wearing booty shirts and a crop top whether in a crap area, a college campus, high school party, in the park etc. You're not putting yourself into the situation by wearing provocative clothing, the entire world is already fairly unsafe you didn't make a conscious decision to make it worse.

These weren't some secret cam photos for which I'd have loads of sympathy for, they were clearly on someone's phone (for the record a blurred one came up on Reddit I wasn't out looking so idk about the other photos). They didn't think "hey she hands her phone off to a ton of people maybe leaving our topless photo on her phone is a bad idea" or "she can be vindictive when she's drunk maybe we should ask her to delete that" I mean come on.

By making the comparison you did you're trivializing the trauma of someone who absolutely did nothing to get assaulted to people who actively put themselves into the precarious spot from the get go. It's hyperbole and a false equivalency.

You’re making my point. No matter what you do, there are bad people in the world. Let’s blame the bad people for doing bad things!

By drinking too much, a girl makes herself an easier target for a bad person to “take advantage of.” By putting nude photos on someone’s phone, someone makes themselves more likely to have bad photos leaked.

This isn’t the Wisconsin players’ fault! (Well, obviously unless one of the players was the leaker). It’s so predictable and so sad that we always have to bring up, “well if they didn’t do this…” when something bad happens to people. They’re the victim!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2022, 02:17:03 PM »
This wouldn’t happen if we didn’t let broads play sports
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2022, 02:27:57 PM »
You’re making my point. No matter what you do, there are bad people in the world. Let’s blame the bad people for doing bad things!

By drinking too much, a girl makes herself an easier target for a bad person to “take advantage of.” By putting nude photos on someone’s phone, someone makes themselves more likely to have bad photos leaked.

This isn’t the Wisconsin players’ fault! (Well, obviously unless one of the players was the leaker). It’s so predictable and so sad that we always have to bring up, “well if they didn’t do this…” when something bad happens to people. They’re the victim!

Again the girl drinking too much didn't make a decision that made her become a victim (in most cases, the blurred lines of various parties intoxication levels and ability to consent notwithstanding). If a girl drinks or goes out dressed provocatively they made a conscious decision to just have a fun night and flaunt their body a bit. If a person makes a conscious decision to send a nude they already made a conscious decision to put themselves into the leaking position and gave the other party power over them now. Thus these aren't comparable situations at all. Your assault scenario would be more akin to passing out naked in a known rapists bed and just saying "your move but I trust you'll make the right decision". 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 02:33:23 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2022, 02:34:31 PM »
Again the girl drinking too much didn't make a decision that made her become a victim (in most cases, the blurred lines of various parties intoxication levels notwithstanding). If a girl drinks or goes out provocatively they made a conscious decision to just have a fun night and flaunt their body a bit. If a person makes a conscious decision to take a nude they already made a conscious decision to put themselves into the leaking position and gave the other party power over them now. Thus these aren't comparable situations at all. Your assault scenario would be more akin to passing out naked in a known rapists bed and just saying "your move but I trust you'll make the right decision".

Yeah that makes no sense whatsoever. A group of girls took a nude photo in a locker room, thus they decided they want their nude photos out in public? I’m not understanding that train of logic whatsoever. I don’t know who leaked what or sent what to who, but I’d venture to say a majority of the people in the photos intended to keep those photos private. Just like if a girl drank until she blacked out, she probably isn’t intending on being sexually assaulted.

The volleyball players didn’t make a decision to have their nude photos all over the internet. They just didn’t.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2022, 02:38:53 PM »
Yeah that makes no sense whatsoever. A group of girls took a nude photo in a locker room, thus they decided they want their nude photos out in public? I’m not understanding that train of logic whatsoever. I don’t know who leaked what or sent what to who, but I’d venture to say a majority of the people in the photos intended to keep those photos private. Just like if a girl drank until she blacked out, she probably isn’t intending on being sexually assaulted.

The volleyball players didn’t make a decision to have their nude photos all over the internet. They just didn’t.

I'm not saying they did, but they did make a conscious decision to give that power to someone else. They essentially put the ball in someone else's court to make the decision. The girl who drank till black out just made a conscious decision to have a fun night the onus is always on the individual who attacked/manipulated/drugged etc. I mean seriously if I just handed someone my social security card and they leaked it you wouldn't think even slightly "why did you trust someone with such important info?" Your reaction would only purely be "man I can't believe that guy leaked your info!"

I agree they didn't take those photos for them to get leaked, that's why the leaker bares like >90% of the blame but im not going to pretend like it was a smart decision to trust my nudes on someone else's phone though.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 03:00:47 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2022, 03:21:18 PM »
Thankfully, I never did anything stupid in college, just like many here must not have who are blaming the girls.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2022, 03:28:59 PM »
Thankfully, I never did anything stupid in college, just like many here must not have who are blaming the girls.

Nope there's plenty of photos of me doing drugs, tagging a train car, running on top of cars, knocking someone out, drinking underage, etc. As I alluded to when speaking to TAMU, if I were someone where it'd be worth these leaking I'd bear some of the responsibility for putting myself in this situation in the first place. Hindsight's 20/20. Again this isn't some pick a side issue not hard to say "this leak was flat out wrong, as well as someone needs to be smarter about their choices". Wades is trying to cast me as the old guy saying "don't wear provocative clothes" when I'm in fact 90% in agreement with him, everyone's just focused on me not blindly casting sympathy without also saying people need to start considering some personal responsibility.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 03:35:09 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2022, 04:42:58 PM »
Galway my comment wasn’t directed at you. It’s just we’ve all done stupid stuff which munch of which could have had horrible consequences. Luckily most didn’t. There but for the grace of god……

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2022, 04:47:17 PM »
I'm not saying they did, but they did make a conscious decision to give that power to someone else. They essentially put the ball in someone else's court to make the decision. The girl who drank till black out just made a conscious decision to have a fun night the onus is always on the individual who attacked/manipulated/drugged etc. I mean seriously if I just handed someone my social security card and they leaked it you wouldn't think even slightly "why did you trust someone with such important info?" Your reaction would only purely be "man I can't believe that guy leaked your info!"

I agree they didn't take those photos for them to get leaked, that's why the leaker bares like >90% of the blame but im not going to pretend like it was a smart decision to trust my nudes on someone else's phone though.

Sheesh, weren’t you just complaining about hyperbole a couple hours ago? Comparing flashing a camera with some of the people you are closest to in the world to handing a stranger on the street your Social Security card? That’s not what they were doing. They weren’t just walking down the street asking some frat bro they saw to take nudies of them.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2022, 05:08:16 PM »
Sheesh, weren’t you just complaining about hyperbole a couple hours ago? Comparing flashing a camera with some of the people you are closest to in the world to handing a stranger on the street your Social Security card? That’s not what they were doing. They weren’t just walking down the street asking some frat bro they saw to take nudies of them.

It seemed that hyperbole was all you respond to. The essential thing is it's personal stuff you don't want getting out that gets out. In my scenario I gave my stuff to someone and put it in their hands to do what they want, your comparison to sexual assault completely ignores that.
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback