[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by BobWildLoyalist
[Today at 10:36:31 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 22-23 W-L Predictions  (Read 25387 times)

GoldenEagles03

• All American
Re: 22-23 W-L Predictions
« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2022, 09:50:21 AM »
I get DePaul, but Seton Hall after last night?

At the start of the year I thought we would sweep Georgetown, get swept by Xavier, UConn and Creighton, and split with everyone else.

The only change I'd make from watching the first few games is that unless Villanova gets Whitmore and Moore back (at a decent level of effectiveness), we could sweep them as well.

Seton Hall's roster construction is a lot stronger than anticipated. A lot of talent there.

It looks like it might be

1. Creighton
2. UConn
3-11. Everybody else
VIOLENCE!

milwaukee ex-pat

• Starter
« Reply #176 on: November 30, 2022, 08:45:59 AM »
I will go on record today to say we beat Baylor - our defense will be closer to mid season form and we handle Baylor who won't be prepared for it.

Ahem...  Clears throat..  I never gamble as this is the one and only time I have been right..

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #177 on: November 30, 2022, 09:04:54 AM »
he's a real Dimetrios Georgios Synodinos

Wow a Jimmy the Greek reference, excellent stuff

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #178 on: December 13, 2022, 05:39:15 PM »
Well, at the close of the non-conference portion of the schedule FJM and Gurnee Hitchhiker are leading the pack. No one is more than 3 games back.
Notable failures were Baylor (2-20), Miss. St. (3-19), Wisc (4-18), and ND (8-16).

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #179 on: December 13, 2022, 06:35:43 PM »
Seton Hall's roster construction is a lot stronger than anticipated. A lot of talent there.

It looks like it might be

1. Creighton
2. UConn
3-11. Everybody else

Weeeelp
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #180 on: December 13, 2022, 06:54:20 PM »
Weeeelp

Flip flop 1 and 2 and that's still probably accurate.

1. UConn
2. Creighton
3-10.  Everyone else

11. Georgetown
VIOLENCE!

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #181 on: December 13, 2022, 08:31:16 PM »
Flip flop 1 and 2 and that's still probably accurate.

1. UConn
2. Creighton
3-10.  Everyone else

11. Georgetown

Now with Whitmore in the lineup, I might bump Villanova up.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #182 on: December 13, 2022, 08:47:09 PM »
Now with Whitmore in the lineup, I might bump Villanova up.

Very possible.  I'd probably still have them a tier below Creighton assuming Kalkbrenner is back relatively soon.
VIOLENCE!

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #183 on: January 19, 2023, 01:13:54 PM »
Radford - W
Central Michigan - W
@Purdue - L
LIU - W
vs. Mississippi St. - L
vs. Georgia Tech/Utah - W
Chicago St.- W
Baylor - L
Wisconsin - W
North Carolina Central - W
@Notre Dame - L
Creighton - W
@Providence - L
Seton Hall - W
@Villanova - L
@St. John's - W
Georgetown - W
UConn - W
@Xavier - L
Providence - W
@Seton Hall - L
@DePaul - L
Villanova - L
Butler - W
@UConn - L
@Georgetown - L
Xavier - L
@Creighton - L
DePaul - W
@Butler - L
St. John's - W

Overall: 16- 15 (18-16 counting BET)
Big East Record: 9-11
Big East Tournament Seed: 8
Big East Tournament Result: Loss in the Semis
Postseason Tournament and Seed: NIT 4
Postseason Result: Loss in 2nd game of NIT

A win on Saturday and Marquette gets to my predicted 16 regular season wins a few months early.

I went in with no expectations and just took a guess on where they'd fall with returning production, but I am blown away.  I thought this team would fight and steal some from the likes of UConn and Creighton and drop a few to the likes of DePaul and Georgetown, but never anticipated getting consistent results like this.

Brew and others might be dead on with their predictions of 20+ wins.  Credit to your keen eye to retention and development.

Whew!
VIOLENCE!

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2023, 01:35:59 PM »
A win on Saturday and Marquette gets to my predicted 16 regular season wins a few months early.

I went in with no expectations and just took a guess on where they'd fall with returning production, but I am blown away.  I thought this team would fight and steal some from the likes of UConn and Creighton and drop a few to the likes of DePaul and Georgetown, but never anticipated getting consistent results like this.

Brew and others might be dead on with their predictions of 20+ wins.  Credit to your keen eye to retention and development.

Whew!

Your predictions are pretty good to this point.  You just have them falling off a cliff from here on out. Shaka has said they’ve been very intentional about understanding why they finished poorly last year and are hopefully taking steps to ensure the team is built for a strong finish this year.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2023, 02:09:17 PM »
Your predictions are pretty good to this point.  You just have them falling off a cliff from here on out. Shaka has said they’ve been very intentional about understanding why they finished poorly last year and are hopefully taking steps to ensure the team is built for a strong finish this year.

We haven't avoided the Feb./Mar. swoon the last however many years which is kinda why I chose to go that route with the predictions.  I'm confident that as you've indicated above, this group is focused on preventing that.  Couldn't be more excited to see how they attack it.
VIOLENCE!

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2023, 02:18:31 PM »
We haven't avoided the Feb./Mar. swoon the last however many years which is kinda why I chose to go that route with the predictions.  I'm confident that as you've indicated above, this group is focused on preventing that.  Couldn't be more excited to see how they attack it.
I think, and hope, you are right. But, they have looked tired down the stretch in recent games including last night. Kam said as much in the post game interviews after the game last night. TBD. 11 BE games to go before the post season.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #187 on: January 19, 2023, 02:31:23 PM »
I think, and hope, you are right. But, they have looked tired down the stretch in recent games including last night. Kam said as much in the post game interviews after the game last night. TBD. 11 BE games to go before the post season.

Idk, if this is "looking tired" the league should be terrified of what happens when we are not.

We waxed both SJU and Gtown down the stretch. Closed out both Uconn and Providence while having the leads the entire second half/final 10 minutes in Uconns case.

X was just simply a battle on the road with top team in the league that we lost in the final minutes. Happens.

Other biggest note. Only MU/SHU/Uconn/Butler enter this weekends slate with 9 games played. Rest are at 8. We have 2 more wins that SHU. 3 more than Uconn and 4 more than Butler.

We are about to have our first week off since the first providence game.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2023, 02:41:22 PM »

I mean anything could happen from here on out.  I wish we had Wrightsil available for a little more sturdiness behind Oso, but Benny G has provided a rim protecting presence and stretch 5 ability at times.

At the very least, this team is aware of how this program has finished seasons.  We are 9 deep...everyone is tired this time of year, but we have able bodies. I'm confident that their efforts can yield better results.
VIOLENCE!

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2023, 02:53:51 PM »
Interesting

We are one game better than I thought we would be at this juncture.

Had the specific wins and losses different, but I thought we'd have 6 losses by now.

If I had to reforecast, the only games I think will be problematic will be road games at Creighton and UConn. I don't think running the table is out of the question with this team, nor do I think having 10+ losses is out of the question either.

One clear result: We're likely in the NCAA!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #190 on: January 19, 2023, 02:57:28 PM »
I mean anything could happen from here on out.  I wish we had Wrightsil available for a little more sturdiness behind Oso, but Benny G has provided a rim protecting presence and stretch 5 ability at times.

At the very least, this team is aware of how this program has finished seasons.  We are 9 deep...everyone is tired this time of year, but we have able bodies. I'm confident that their efforts can yield better results.
From time to time, I picture what this team would be with a healthy Wrightsil and a healthy Ellis who had progressed like the rest of the returnees.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #191 on: January 19, 2023, 03:04:30 PM »

Whew!

Marquette is basically 1-3 in Big East play since they aren't beating UCONN (can't guard Hopkins, you definitely can't guard Sanogo/Clingan).

Seton Hall is bad, but they are good enough to beat Marquette and make it hurt. Gotta avoid a loss on Tuesday.  Might make the trip to Milwaukee for that one.

Lol.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #192 on: January 19, 2023, 03:23:00 PM »
Lol.

What's LOL is the time you spend going through posters histories to try to find erroneous posts.  What's also LOL is you are too big of kitten to make any predictions or contribute to the actual basketball discussion as your general M.O. here is to inflame.  Sad.

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #193 on: January 19, 2023, 03:43:32 PM »
What's LOL is the time you spend going through posters histories to try to find erroneous posts.  What's also LOL is you are too big of kitten to make any predictions or contribute to the actual basketball discussion as your general M.O. here is to inflame.  Sad.

Screw that, I love withoutbias calling that dodo bird out. Keep digging!

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #194 on: January 19, 2023, 03:48:32 PM »
From time to time, I picture what this team would be with a healthy Wrightsil and a healthy Ellis who had progressed like the rest of the returnees.

I do too, at least for EE. I know it's not much to base it on, but watching EE run with Hunter this summer in the open gyms had my hopes up. He's lengthier than when he came to campus. Thought he was due for a big leap--would at least give us a slashing ball handler and some length on defense.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #195 on: January 19, 2023, 04:02:19 PM »
Lol.

I actually predicted MU to beat UConn and Creighton each once.

Me saying UConn was 2 guaranteed losses was because they started 13-0 with every win being by double digits.  What I failed to realize when posting was just how good Marquette was.

I had us at 13-7 to this point, but I was WAY off in terms of what kind of results I thought they'd get this year. I anticipate being heavily wrong over this 2nd half of the conference schedule...big deal.
VIOLENCE!

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #196 on: January 19, 2023, 04:07:30 PM »
I actually predicted MU to beat UConn and Creighton each once.

Me saying UConn was 2 guaranteed losses was because they started 13-0 with every win being by double digits.  What I failed to realize when posting was just how good Marquette was.

I had us at 13-7 to this point, but I was WAY off in terms of what kind of results I thought they'd get this year. I anticipate being heavily wrong over this 2nd half of the conference schedule...big deal.

Farts three times
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #197 on: January 19, 2023, 04:17:01 PM »
Farts three times

Prediction Threads are meant for some to be right and some to be wrong.

I have no problem admitting I was wrong.
VIOLENCE!

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2023, 04:20:04 PM »
Prediction Threads are meant for some to be right and some to be wrong.

I have no problem admitting I was wrong.

Uh...you claimed today that you thought they would "steal some from the likes of Uconn," but a month ago you said "they aren't beating Uconn."

Its not that you predicted something wrong. You apparently didn't remember what your prediction even was.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #199 on: January 19, 2023, 04:40:47 PM »

I'm going to say not much. Maybe Wrightsil would be an upgrade over Gold.  Ross has been a solid role. I don't think Ellis would have been much more than that.

But our fate rests with the big 4.