[Today at 11:59:50 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[Today at 10:46:31 AM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Powell/Economy  (Read 8261 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Powell/Economy
« on: August 26, 2022, 10:27:07 AM »
That didn't sound good to me.

tower912

• All American
Re: Powell/Economy
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 10:38:59 AM »
It will be fine when grilled over mesquite with bacon.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 10:48:36 AM »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 10:53:30 AM »
It will be fine when grilled over mesquite with bacon.

Things are not well Tower.  I think people here should have taken my warnings seriously.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 10:56:40 AM »
Things are not well Tower.  I think people here should have taken my warnings seriously.

Dude, I can't take anyone who likes classic rock with a flute seriously.  ;)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 11:00:50 AM »

Muggsy, the discussions about the economy and the coming difficulties in this board date back to the beginning of the pandemic.   Supply chain issues, inflation, recession..... all predicted.     

Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2022, 11:22:55 AM »
#LastDays

It’s gonna get a lot worse than the average Joe believes right now

Bad news.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2022, 11:32:22 AM »
Muggsy

I am in agreement with you. I believe there is going to be a lot of pain for many Americans in the upcoming months and longer. I completely disagree with Tower in one regard, everything was predicted but no one has felt real pain to date. Our economy has serious structural issues and I believe things will get a lot worse.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 11:37:16 AM by Goose »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2022, 11:33:17 AM »
#MopeSquad

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2022, 11:39:40 AM »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2022, 12:22:15 PM »
#MopeSquad

We honestly need to deal with reality Uncle R.  We're in an extremely unfortunate situation and must axe the nonsense and living in la-la-land.  Now I know I'm a bit of an alarmist and have paranoia issues but things are not well on the economic front.  It's not an interpretive discussion anymore imo.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2022, 12:27:51 PM »
We honestly need to deal with reality Uncle R.  We're in an extremely unfortunate situation and must axe the nonsense and living in la-la-land.  Now I know I'm a bit of an alarmist and have paranoia issues but things are not well on the economic front.  It's not an interpretive discussion anymore imo.

There’s only one thing to do.  Get high as a kite and eat doritos

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2022, 12:47:12 PM »
There’s only one thing to do.  Get high as a kite and eat doritos

Have you seen the price of Doritos lately?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2022, 12:53:20 PM »

So get high as a Dorito and eat a kite instead.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2022, 01:43:07 PM »
Der iz know inflation 👌🏻, I repeat 👌🏻, aina?

#freeziggy2022toinfinity
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2022, 01:46:52 PM »
So get high as a Dorito and eat a kite instead.

Too stringy for me.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2022, 02:01:48 PM »

I have but I’m not a poor, aina?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2022, 02:45:45 PM »
Muggsy, the discussions about the economy and the coming difficulties in this board date back to the beginning of the pandemic.   Supply chain issues, inflation, recession..... all predicted.   

Tower, I respect you a lot, and am trying to have a non-political discussion, but inflation has been denied or called transitory by those in change and they've also denied we're in a recession.  So when you say these were "all predicted" when exactly was this "predicted" and why? That's rather relevant to this discussion if people are willing to have a rational discussion. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2022, 03:03:04 PM »
By people on this this board when COVID started.

Muggsy, there is a war in Russia/Ukraine.  COVID continues to disrupt supply chains.  We have full employment causing upward pressure on wages.   Of course the fed is going to take steps to rein in inflation.

We survived the 70's recession, the 80's recession, the aughts recession.   There will continue to be challenges until external forces are mitigated.   

Now, markets hate uncertainty, old guys hate change, and anxious people can always find something to worry about.    The Chinese curse has come to fruition and we do, indeed, live in interesting times.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2022, 03:19:43 PM »
By people on this this board when COVID started.

Muggsy, there is a war in Russia/Ukraine.  COVID continues to disrupt supply chains.  We have full employment causing upward pressure on wages.   Of course the fed is going to take steps to rein in inflation.

We survived the 70's recession, the 80's recession, the aughts recession.   There will continue to be challenges until external forces are mitigated.   

Now, markets hate uncertainty, old guys hate change, and anxious people can always find something to worry about.    The Chinese curse has come to fruition and we do, indeed, live in interesting times.

inflation was a major problem before Putin invaded Ukraine and the unemployment rate is very misleading because our labor participation and overall production isn't good.    I fear major job cuts in the relative near future.  And of course there are a plethora of foreign policy issues that are worrisome to put it mildly.  I think the world is as dangerous as  it's  been since pre WW2 and we need to get our heads out of our asses frankly.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2022, 03:22:48 PM »
inflation was a major problem before Putin invaded Ukraine and the unemployment rate is very misleading because our labor participation and overall production isn't good.    I fear major job cuts in the relative near future.  And of course there are a plethora of foreign policy issues that are worrisome to put it mildly.  I think the world is as dangerous as  it's  been since pre WW2 and we need to get our heads out of our asses frankly.

Yes, yes, we all know you are reactionary.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2022, 03:32:30 PM »

Get high

MU82

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2022, 03:36:25 PM »

Now, markets hate uncertainty, old guys hate change, and anxious people can always find something to worry about.

Yessir.

we need to get our heads out of our asses frankly.

What would you like the fine folks of Scoop to do about all this ... except for have a political debate that a few already have tried to start?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2022, 03:39:05 PM »
Yes, yes, we all know you are reactionary.

I can be hyperbolic and reactionary but there are major, major, issues for us right now.  Sadly, we need to deal with some unpleasant facts. 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 03:45:06 PM by MuggsyB »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2022, 03:41:32 PM »
I cam be hyperbolic and reactionary but there are major, major, issues for us right now.  Sadly, we need to deal with some unpleasant facts.

Get high