[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Marquette Thanksgiving Tournament Ft Myers  (Read 32774 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Marquette Thanksgiving Tournament Ft Myers
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2022, 08:24:09 PM »
Some good news about Captiva. From the owners of 4 resorts, including the fabled Tween Waters Inn:

Dear Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts friends and fans,

On behalf of all of our team members, we sincerely appreciate the outpouring of love and support we’ve received over the past several days. Thankfully, everyone is safe, secure and accounted for. To best monitor our resorts, my wife, Paige, and I remained on island during the storm. And thanks to our first responders, we were airlifted off via helicopter on Friday afternoon, while Tony and Angie Lapi were evacuated the day prior.

It’s hard to fathom what’s unfolded over the past days, and unimaginable how something so calm and beautiful can become so angry and destructive. During my time on island after the storm, I was able to tour our four properties by bike to witness the devastation firsthand. 

Castaways and Beachview are now memories, for the most part, with many cottages completely gone. On the brighter side, ‘Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa and West Wind Island Resort are remarkably in good shape. With water, power and access to the islands, we could open in a few days; unfortunately, we know the infrastructure rebuilding process will take months.

Rest assured that Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts is ready and committed to rebuilding all of our four beach properties into a renewed, reimagined, reenergized form of themselves.

I’m amazed at the resiliency of our team. Many have experienced damage to their own homes and vehicles but continue to reach out to me to ask how they can help. The love and support from all of you and our team members are what makes Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts so special.

We’ll do our best to keep everyone updated on social media and email updates as we work through this process. This will take time, and we’ll have setbacks along the way, but we’ll succeed. We’ll evolve. Please continue to send your love and support; it’s what fuels our passion to serve and satisfy you. Thank you all.

Sincerely, Doug Babcock, Chief Executive Officer and Island Lover
“TIME TO GO”
      —-the Mayor, County Sheriff, Governor, every official in Florida

“No thanks…….I’m gonna stay put”
                         —Doug B
12 hours later……

“911?……yeah this is Doug……can you get me off the island? Its exactly as bad as they said it was gonna be 2 days ago!”

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2022, 08:02:52 AM »
Yeah, I was shocked local author and restaurant owner Randy Wayne White stayed on Sanibel. Thought he was smarter than that. Had to be rescued by seals.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #127 on: October 04, 2022, 08:10:23 AM »
Yeah, I was shocked local author and restaurant owner Randy Wayne White stayed on Sanibel. Thought he was smarter than that. Had to be rescued by seals.

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #128 on: October 04, 2022, 08:36:04 AM »

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #129 on: October 04, 2022, 09:53:49 AM »
Live look-in at Muggsy reading this.

Seals can’t overcome string or six-pack holders.  They couldn’t rescue a human
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #130 on: October 04, 2022, 11:17:55 AM »
“TIME TO GO”
      —-the Mayor, County Sheriff, Governor, every official in Florida

“No thanks…….I’m gonna stay put”
                         —Doug B
12 hours later……

“911?……yeah this is Doug……can you get me off the island? Its exactly as bad as they said it was gonna be 2 days ago!”

The Weather Channel interviewed some moron who stayed on his boat in Fort Myers Harbor during the hurricane.  He survived somehow, but his boat was destroyed.  During his on-camera interview, he cried about how he lost literally everything, including all of his important documents, which were on the boat.  Cut to Jim Cantore, who had his hands on his hips, looking down, shaking his head.

People are idiots.
Have some patience, FFS.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #131 on: October 04, 2022, 11:19:56 AM »
The Weather Channel interviewed some moron who stayed on his boat in Fort Myers Harbor during the hurricane.  He survived somehow, but his boat was destroyed.  During his on-camera interview, he cried about how he lost literally everything, including all of his important documents, which were on the boat.  Cut to Jim Cantore, who had his hands on his hips, looking down, shaking his head.

People are idiots.

I don't understand.  If I have a boat with everything important in it... would I stay where the hurricane is headed for... or WOULD I TAKE MY BOAT AND LITERALLY LEAVE UP THE COAST.

HELP ME GUYS.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #132 on: October 04, 2022, 11:55:31 AM »
I don't understand.  If I have a boat with everything important in it... would I stay where the hurricane is headed for... or WOULD I TAKE MY BOAT AND LITERALLY LEAVE UP THE COAST.

HELP ME GUYS.

That’s because you want the Lame Stream Media to win
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #133 on: October 04, 2022, 12:02:53 PM »

HELP ME GUYS.

Darwinism?

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #134 on: October 04, 2022, 01:01:27 PM »
A good alternative might be moving the tournament to Orlando (ESPN). The Orlando Invitational doesn't start until the 24th so the Mon/Wed schedule for the Ft. Myers could work out...(unless they have a different event their those days of course)

I could be most happy with that.

Definitely there if they move to MCO.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #135 on: October 04, 2022, 02:18:14 PM »

HELP ME GUYS.

Just out of curiosity, move to where, when?
The hurricane was forecast to go up the entire west coast of Florida. It only turned right the last 24 hours or so. And the models were split that it might hit the panhandle or even Alabama.
But hey, if you can forecast the future, you would make a fortune during hurricane season.

ETA: The guy is still a moron for riding out the storm in his boat and not saving the important papers beforehand.  He could have easily left to a shelter.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 02:19:45 PM by pbiflyer »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #136 on: October 04, 2022, 07:42:52 PM »
Just out of curiosity, move to where, when?
The hurricane was forecast to go up the entire west coast of Florida. It only turned right the last 24 hours or so. And the models were split that it might hit the panhandle or even Alabama.
But hey, if you can forecast the future, you would make a fortune during hurricane season.

ETA: The guy is still a moron for riding out the storm in his boat and not saving the important papers beforehand.  He could have easily left to a shelter.

There were models.  Drive the boat away from where the models are aiming the worst of the storm.  This isn't rocket surgery.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #137 on: October 04, 2022, 08:17:27 PM »
The models showed it going up the whole west coast. Oh and many of the models were wrong too.
Again, since it isn’t rocket surgery, where and when? Show your math too.

Cone of confusion: Why some say iconic hurricane map misled Floridians

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2022/10/04/hurricane-cone-map-confusion/
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 08:27:30 PM by pbiflyer »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2022, 09:31:12 PM »
The models showed it going up the whole west coast. Oh and many of the models were wrong too.
Again, since it isn’t rocket surgery, where and when? Show your math too.

Cone of confusion: Why some say iconic hurricane map misled Floridians

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2022/10/04/hurricane-cone-map-confusion/

You see where those lines are?  Away from there.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #139 on: October 04, 2022, 10:54:31 PM »
You see where those lines are?  Away from there.

You do realize a hurricane is wider than those lines right? The seas were running 6-10 ft days before the storm hit for hundreds of miles.
But thanks for clearly demonstrating you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2022, 07:24:25 AM »
Below is a response from FM tip off:

We are still planning on hosting the event in Fort Myers this November and we are in contact and working with local officials and our contacts to determine what is best for Fort Myers and Lee County.  We will be in contact soon with updates as we learn more.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2022, 07:28:46 AM »
The arena is currently being used for emergency shelter.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #142 on: October 05, 2022, 07:51:06 AM »
As it should be. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2022, 08:48:56 AM »
There should be schools available from the tournament to play if the tournament is cancelled.
They should make a decision ASAP so schools can make other plans if they must.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2022, 08:55:25 AM »
 I assume there are several parallel discussions happening
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #145 on: October 05, 2022, 08:57:44 AM »
I am assuming they will play the tournament somewhere. As I mentioned, Georgia Tech has an on-campus arena in a large metropolitan area. If worse comes to worse, I assume they can move it there at almost the last minute.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2022, 10:24:02 AM »
I am assuming they will play the tournament somewhere. As I mentioned, Georgia Tech has an on-campus arena in a large metropolitan area. If worse comes to worse, I assume they can move it there at almost the last minute.

But!!!  This is about ME!!!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #147 on: October 06, 2022, 06:50:20 AM »
You do realize a hurricane is wider than those lines right? The seas were running 6-10 ft days before the storm hit for hundreds of miles.
But thanks for clearly demonstrating you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

I do.  He sat in the danger zone.  He shouldn't have done that.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #148 on: October 06, 2022, 09:00:32 AM »
UPDATE:

We are working with local officials to determine next steps.  Everything at this point looks positive and we plan on being in Fort Myers this November but we should make an official announcement very soon.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #149 on: October 06, 2022, 09:45:02 AM »
Stay at the new official team hotel, located a convenient 80 minutes northwest of the arena!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.