[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[April 30, 2024, 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 30, 2024, 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2024 College Football Thread  (Read 85922 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: 2023 College Football Thread
« Reply #1625 on: November 18, 2023, 07:31:04 AM »
Including the hype heading into play and then the start to the season, Colorado was a pretty incredible story for several months.

People who wouldn't have given Colorado football even one second of their time were tuning in to watch entire games - and that includes plenty of Coloradans.

Reality hit hard, and maybe Sanders learned a couple things for his next gig - for one thing, it's nice and flashy to have skill players but you'd better have great lines on both sides of the ball. Sending his son out there behind that line borders on child abuse!

All in all, despite the losses mounting, the Prime in Colorado experiment was a success. Will be interesting to see what happens next, both for the program and for Sanders.

Entering the season, the expectations from those who cover the sport were low.  The win over TCU changed the equation based on the belief TCU was good, which they aren’t.

Colorado wasn’t supposed to be good this year and haven’t been.  I don’t think he’s going to run from Colorado and I think he’s far too competitive to leave after a 4-8 season.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1626 on: November 18, 2023, 07:39:58 AM »
Including the hype heading into play and then the start to the season, Colorado was a pretty incredible story for several months.

People who wouldn't have given Colorado football even one second of their time were tuning in to watch entire games - and that includes plenty of Coloradans.

Reality hit hard, and maybe Sanders learned a couple things for his next gig - for one thing, it's nice and flashy to have skill players but you'd better have great lines on both sides of the ball. Sending his son out there behind that line borders on child abuse!

All in all, despite the losses mounting, the Prime in Colorado experiment was a success. Will be interesting to see what happens next, both for the program and for Sanders.

If he leaves after one year it was absolutely not a success. The CU brand was tied to Prime and that’s about it. There will be no residual benefit for the Buffs.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1627 on: November 18, 2023, 07:55:43 AM »

A success for Prime?  Sure, got him back in the limelight and will likely earn him an opportunity to bolt for bigger dollars elsewhere.  Success for Colorado?  Who knows, but I’m pretty skeptical one year with a lot of buzz and mediocre results is what they were hoping for from all of this. And I think he absolutely goes elsewhere.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1628 on: November 18, 2023, 08:46:12 AM »

My guess is they bring in a strong recruiting class and solid transfers. His two sons and Hunter Travis are staying another, so they should be improved in 2024. If a deal to coach his QB son in NFL materialized , I guess he would be gone. If Not, I would see him coaching the length of his contract . He makes good money and is King in Boulder. 
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1629 on: November 18, 2023, 09:38:28 AM »
My guess is they bring in a strong recruiting class and solid transfers. His two sons and Hunter Travis are staying another, so they should be improved in 2024. If a deal to coach his QB son in NFL materialized , I guess he would be gone. If Not, I would see him coaching the length of his contract . He makes good money and is King in Boulder.

His kid can either go pro or stay in Boulder.  He’d have to sit a year if he tried transferring to where Prime went

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1630 on: November 18, 2023, 10:29:51 AM »
Primetime takes the reins in Dallas displacing Mediocre Mike.  His son is the next in line to replace Dak.   Jerry Jones package deal....

His kid can either go pro or stay in Boulder.  He’d have to sit a year if he tried transferring to where Prime went
« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 10:59:00 AM by PointWarrior »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1631 on: November 18, 2023, 12:18:03 PM »
I have no idea if Sanders will stay or go.

"Success"? Maybe I oversold it, but Colorado sold out every game, the program marketed a bunch of swag nationally, and the Buffs had the entire college football world buzzing for a month solid. Not bad for a program that had been left for dead, dead, dead.

But sure, if Deion leaves in a month and the program goes back to who-gives-a-sh!t land, it probably won't have been judged a success.

We'll see!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1632 on: November 18, 2023, 01:54:48 PM »
If he leaves after one year it was absolutely not a success. The CU brand was tied to Prime and that’s about it. There will be no residual benefit for the Buffs.

What makes you think he's gonna leave?  Legitimately.  I don't think he's getting a premier NCAA gig or NFL gig, so why would he bolt?

Entering the season, the expectations from those who cover the sport were low.  The win over TCU changed the equation based on the belief TCU was good, which they aren’t.

Colorado wasn’t supposed to be good this year and haven’t been.  I don’t think he’s going to run from Colorado and I think he’s far too competitive to leave after a 4-8 season.

Colorado was HORRIBLE before he arrived.  Truly terrible.  Last night was bad, and the choke against Stanford was horrible, but other than that, all things considered, they've not been bad since the Oregon debacle.  Competitive against USC, good comeback win against ASU on the road, competitive all game at UCLA, hung around against a good Oregon State team, competitive against a pretty good Zona team.  Again, the program was 1-11 last year.  Being in striking distance against top 25 teams while still having HUGE holes in your roster is a success.

And I agree, I don't think he's leaving.  He'll get another good set of transfers, keep recruiting, and CU is a 8-5 type team next year.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1633 on: November 18, 2023, 02:12:38 PM »
Provided Primetime stays, he will have way more wins next year than Fickell...    Wisconsin has 5 losses before the season starts (Alabama, @USC, Penn State, @Iowa, Oregon).  How many will they win of Purdue , @Rutgers, @NW, @Nebraska, Minn)?  Lets be positive and say 3.  With 2 cupcakes, that's a 5 - 7 season in Fickell's Y2.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 04:04:42 PM by PointWarrior »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1634 on: November 18, 2023, 02:54:26 PM »
I don't think he's leaving.  He'll get another good set of transfers, keep recruiting, and CU is a 8-5 type team next year.

Sanders knows more football than any of us, so he knows he needs much, much better guys in the trenches. It's not as easy to build those groups, especially the offensive line, via the portal. Plug-and-play works less there, and continuity is valuable.

He made college football more interesting this year, so I hope he gets it done.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1635 on: November 18, 2023, 04:13:02 PM »
Yale upset Harvard . Outcome created three way tie for Ivy League Championship   . Yale, Harvard and Dartmouth share the crown.
            ---Al McGuire

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1636 on: November 18, 2023, 04:17:02 PM »
Yale upset Harvard . Outcome created three way tie for Ivy League Championship   . Yale, Harvard and Dartmouth share the crown.
Those guys can't figure out some statistical metric to decide the champion?? 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1637 on: November 18, 2023, 05:43:42 PM »
Clemson up 28-14 over Carolina heading into fourth quarter at Death Valley. UNC defense is suspect.
            ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1638 on: November 18, 2023, 05:49:42 PM »
bret bielama seems to have a growth spurt or 3 left in him, eyn'a? 
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1639 on: November 18, 2023, 06:02:00 PM »
Kinda laughing at the thought of Lincoln Riley coaching at A&M next year. On the one hand, there is no way that should happen.

On the other, I can completely see A&M doing this.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #1640 on: November 18, 2023, 06:26:46 PM »
Kinda laughing at the thought of Lincoln Riley coaching at A&M next year. On the one hand, there is no way that should happen.

On the other, I can completely see A&M doing this.

Would be completely on brand for A&M.

On a unrelated note, Jordan Travis just went off with a serious injury. The Noles are toast.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1641 on: November 18, 2023, 06:30:18 PM »
Would be completely on brand for A&M.

On a unrelated note, Jordan Travis just went off with a serious injury. The Noles are toast.
Yep. Foot was pointing the wrong way.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1643 on: November 18, 2023, 08:27:11 PM »
The Badgers have limited talent
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1644 on: November 18, 2023, 09:49:09 PM »
The Badgers have limited talent are irrelevant

FIFY

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1645 on: November 18, 2023, 09:56:34 PM »
Huskers have room for improvement
            ---Al McGuire

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1646 on: November 18, 2023, 11:12:10 PM »
shocked the badgers won after being down a quick 14-0.

Maybe some hope for Fickell...

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1647 on: November 19, 2023, 07:27:51 AM »
shocked the badgers won after being down a quick 14-0.

Maybe some hope for Fickell...

Great result for Marquette

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1648 on: November 19, 2023, 08:00:33 AM »
First loss for James Madison, seemingly ending their threat of bowl-related litigation against the NCAA.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1649 on: November 22, 2023, 07:14:06 AM »
From The Athletic:

Colorado coach Deion Sanders continues to unravel as his Buffaloes endure a 1-7 stretch. Early this season, he was incredible, leading Colorado to a top-20 ranking and winning more than anyone could’ve dreamed with a team that’d gone 1-11 the year prior. Since, he’s changed play-callers (didn’t work out well) and, after two commitments reneged, is now decrying the entire recruiting process.

Specifically, Sanders said he wishes the NCAA would ban visits for any player committed to a school, which is funny, considering he famously poached from his own alma mater on Signing Day. Anyway, unrelated: Colorado’s 2024 recruiting class ranks 70th, according to 247, sandwiched between Coastal Carolina and Miami (Ohio) … and below Colorado State. 

He also said he knows his roster has holes, but has no plans to use money to fix it in the offseason.

“We’re not an ATM. That’s not gonna happen here,” Sanders said Tuesday. “If you come to Colorado to play football for me and the Colorado Buffaloes, it’s because you really want to play football and receive a wonderful education.

“All the business stuff will be handled on the backend. But we are not an ATM. You’re not coming here to get rich unless you’re really coming here with a plan to go to the NFL and get your degree. Not to come here and be Moneybagg Yo. That’s a rapper, right?”

Nine prospects are currently committed to Colorado’s 2024 class, which ranks 69th nationally and includes a pair of four-star prospects.

“We want players that want us,” Sanders said. “Trying to convince somebody and doing that, being held hostage financially, we ain’t with that.

“We’re not going to buy anybody whatsoever,” Sanders continued. “We have tremendous needs. I’m pretty sure everybody in the country knows what we need and how much we need. That’s not a secret and recruits are responding.

“Trust me, there’s not a day that goes by that kids aren’t blowing our recruiting staff up. They’re calling and we’re responding.”