[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-23 NBA Thread  (Read 144689 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: 2022-23 NBA Thread
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2022, 08:17:42 AM »
rocket

It is very cool that Double Dribble has known Kevon most of his life. It is far from name dropping when you have a long personal relationship with a family. It is far more entertaining than reading most of the crap posted on here.

Keep your head up Goose. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2022, 08:22:44 AM »
then why comment at all...as i said earlier-self discipline ain't in your repertoire. 

name dropping can be really cool especially how doc got to know keevon as a young kid.  being able to watch someone grow and develop into the people they have become.  hards hates this because he doesn't know anyone and hasn't become anything in his own life except a scoop nerd

At least he doesn’t embarrass the dental school
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2022, 08:50:49 AM »
Muggsy

Have a great 4th of July weekend!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2022, 09:02:00 AM »
Muggsy

Have a great 4th of July weekend!

You too Goose!

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2022, 09:07:31 AM »
I'm a Bulls fan here. Can anyone explain what they hell the Bulls are doing? That teams has maybe a max potential of a 4 seed and second round playoff team. I understand teams have to spend money so maybe the Lavine signing makes sense, also he can be traded, but the new management has some runway so why don't they tear it down while they can? The franchise seems dead set on 10-15 years of mediocrity with no playoff success (they were boo'd off the court this year) and late teen draft picks. Its no different than the Knicks or Portland.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2022, 09:12:18 AM »
I'm a Bulls fan here. Can anyone explain what they hell the Bulls are doing? That teams has maybe a max potential of a 4 seed and second round playoff team. I understand teams have to spend money so maybe the Lavine signing makes sense, also he can be traded, but the new management has some runway so why don't they tear it down while they can? The franchise seems dead set on 10-15 years of mediocrity with no playoff success (they were boo'd off the court this year) and late teen draft picks. Its no different than the Knicks or Portland.

There are no guarantees in tanking 🤷🏼‍♂️

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2022, 09:29:45 AM »
There are no guarantees in tanking 🤷🏼‍♂️
True, but they are guaranteed to be mediocre on the present path.

I don't see Lavine becoming a real star player ever in the NBA. He is a good third option on a championship level team, which what he'll hopefully be in a few years when the Bulls decide to tear it down.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2022, 09:32:23 AM »
True, but they are guaranteed to be mediocre on the present path.

I don't see Lavine becoming a real star player ever in the NBA. He is a good third option on a championship level team, which what he'll hopefully be in a few years when the Bulls decide to tear it down.

Yeah, there are no easy answers for them at the moment.  The Bucks and Celtics are clearly ahead of them.  Depending where Durant goes, if it’s Miami, that’s another team ahead of them. 

Detroit and Cleveland are lurking as well. 

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2022, 09:50:27 AM »
Yeah, there are no easy answers for them at the moment.  The Bucks and Celtics are clearly ahead of them.  Depending where Durant goes, if it’s Miami, that’s another team ahead of them. 

Detroit and Cleveland are lurking as well.
I'd put the 76'ers and Raptors ahead of them also.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2022, 10:17:34 AM »

I think they had to sign Lavine.  There's no guarantee they can get a big-time free agent.  As far as tearing it down I think we need to see this team for a prolonged stretch with Lonzo Ball.  The Bulls are super high on Patrick Williams.  If he's a potential all-star they have a pretty formidable rotation.   To your point though you have to wonder if Lavine and DeRozan are good enough to get this team to a ECF let alone a title?  If they're not who could they realistically go after?

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2022, 10:35:21 AM »
I think they had to sign Lavine.  There's no guarantee they can get a big-time free agent.  As far as tearing it down I think we need to see this team for a prolonged stretch with Lonzo Ball.  The Bulls are super high on Patrick Williams.  If he's a potential all-star they have a pretty formidable rotation.   To your point though you have to wonder if Lavine and DeRozan are good enough to get this team to a ECF let alone a title?  If they're not who could they realistically go after?
Good points. I don't think any decent free agent would come to the Bulls. Why would they? There is no good young players and Levine and DeRozan suck up all the shots. In my opinion, there is no decent foundation for success so tearing it down and building through the draft makes the most sense. Trade Levine and DeRozan and anyone else for picks.

Alas, the Bulls maybe the most profitable team in the NBA, so having a some-what competitive team under the salary cap makes the most business sense.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2022, 10:46:14 AM »
Good points. I don't think any decent free agent would come to the Bulls. Why would they? There is no good young players and Levine and DeRozan suck up all the shots. In my opinion, there is no decent foundation for success so tearing it down and building through the draft makes the most sense. Trade Levine and DeRozan and anyone else for picks.

Alas, the Bulls maybe the most profitable team in the NBA, so having a some-what competitive team under the salary cap makes the most business sense.

It's just really tough because there are fewer than 10 guys you can build a title team around.  For example, Donavan Mitchell might be available.  Would you go after him?  Maybe roll the dice and offer a crap-load for Kawhi?  The depth in the NBA is really quite strong now in both conferences.  Could they offer some package to the Nets for KD?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2022, 12:25:47 PM »
Trying to come up with an argument for Durant being top 10 all time.and drawing blanks..
25th career win shares
22nd career playoff win shares
14th career win shares per 48
16th career playoff win shares per 48
15th career VORP
9th career playoff VORP
Top 3 players in similarity score: Garnett, Barkley, Erving.
1 MVP (15 players have 2+)
2 rings on stacked teams.
Great player and obvious first-ballot HOF. Great case for top 20. Not so much top 10.

Cool. He’s in my top ten.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 12:27:22 PM by User Name #251 »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2022, 12:44:00 PM »
It's just really tough because there are fewer than 10 guys you can build a title team around.  For example, Donavan Mitchell might be available.  Would you go after him?  Maybe roll the dice and offer a crap-load for Kawhi?  The depth in the NBA is really quite strong now in both conferences.  Could they offer some package to the Nets for KD?
Well, Mitchell would be a upgrade over anything they have but I don't see why he'd come to the Bulls. There a bunch of teams he can go to and win 50 games a loose in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Kawhi, is past his prime, oft injured and moody. Pass.
KD would be very interesting. Depending on what you'd have to give up, that would be fun. Obviously, any Bulls player is tradable but would you have to gut the team, thus making the whole trade moot. I'd give up Levine and DeRozan for KD. Anything more might be too much. Oh, and I don't think the Nets would be happy with DeRosan and Levine for KD but it's fun to dream.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 12:50:23 PM by WhiteTrash »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2022, 03:11:31 PM »
then why comment at all...as i said earlier-self discipline ain't in your repertoire. 

name dropping can be really cool especially how doc got to know keevon as a young kid.  being able to watch someone grow and develop into the people they have become.  hards hates this because he doesn't know anyone and hasn't become anything in his own life except a scoop nerd

I'm sure 4elder is happy to have you stand up for him with such an elegant and totally not looney attempt at a rebuttal on his behalf.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2022, 05:07:32 PM »
Pakuni didn’t say he was overrated. I did.

He is a great player. Also a high volume shooter and I think those guys are rated higher than they should be.

Here is something ground breaking for you.

Durant shoots a lot, because hes really really good.

His career eFG% sh its on Kobe. A true volume shooter

Its also better than MJ, Lebron, Magic.

Using high volume shooter as a way to overrate Durant is a really bad hill to die on
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2022, 06:42:18 PM »
Here is something ground breaking for you.

Durant shoots a lot, because hes really really good.

His career eFG% sh its on Kobe. A true volume shooter

Its also better than MJ, Lebron, Magic.

Using high volume shooter as a way to overrate Durant is a really bad hill to die on

Actually, I said he is a GREAT player - not a good one.

His eFG% is better than a stiff like Jordan. Proves Durant is the greatest of all time.  ::)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2022, 07:31:42 PM »
Actually, I said he is a GREAT player - not a good one.

His eFG% is better than a stiff like Jordan. Proves Durant is the greatest of all time.  ::)

He’s much closer to the GOAT than he is to someone who is overrated.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2022, 10:55:02 PM »
He’s much closer to the GOAT than he is to someone who is overrated.

I disagree.

And he is not even in the same universe as guys like MJ, Kareem, or Lebron.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2022, 11:04:28 PM »
I disagree.

And he is not even in the same universe as guys like MJ, Kareem, or Lebron.

LBJ got his first two rings by joining up with 2 other top 10 players in the NBA/future first ballot Hall of Famers. He also “quits” everywhere he goes (by your definition) and latches on to the younger talent ready to make a run at a title.

KD is without a doubt in the same “universe” as LBJ. You’re trying to tarnish KD’s legacy because the Warriors won before and after KD, but the Cavs beat the Warriors before KD arrived and then KD broke the will of LBJ and Kyrie in Cleveland and forced LBJ to “quit” on the Cavs…again.

Quit the double standards.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 11:06:01 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2022, 12:15:21 AM »
LBJ got his first two rings by joining up with 2 other top 10 players in the NBA/future first ballot Hall of Famers. He also “quits” everywhere he goes (by your definition) and latches on to the younger talent ready to make a run at a title.

KD is without a doubt in the same “universe” as LBJ. You’re trying to tarnish KD’s legacy because the Warriors won before and after KD, but the Cavs beat the Warriors before KD arrived and then KD broke the will of LBJ and Kyrie in Cleveland and forced LBJ to “quit” on the Cavs…again.

I love KD, I'm not sure he is top 10.

He's the 3rd best SF of all time. But where he falls in the 8-20 range all time all positions is debatable.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2022, 02:28:48 PM »

If calling him a great player tarnishes his legacy, then I am guilty.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2022, 10:53:54 PM »
If calling him a great player tarnishes his legacy, then I am guilty.

Spend pages of the thread bashing every accomplishment he’s achieved (ahh he just joined a superteam so his rings don’t count. Ahh he’s a volume scorer so his scoring doesn’t count. Ahh he quits every time something bad happens) but hey I called him great so you can’t tell me I’m wrong!

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2022, 11:04:02 PM »
Spend pages of the thread bashing every accomplishment he’s achieved (ahh he just joined a superteam so his rings don’t count. Ahh he’s a volume scorer so his scoring doesn’t count. Ahh he quits every time something bad happens) but hey I called him great so you can’t tell me I’m wrong!

Wow. You fabricated a lot in that post.

You're better off just bashing LeBron and then letting the grownups talk NBA.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2022, 11:19:46 PM »
Wow. You fabricated a lot in that post.

You're better off just bashing LeBron and then letting the grownups talk NBA.

Says the guy who is literally the only person on the side that you’re on.