[Today at 12:06:20 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:43:51 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 11:11:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Protecting the Constitution  (Read 26725 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Protecting the Constitution
« Reply #200 on: June 25, 2022, 07:44:21 PM »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #201 on: June 25, 2022, 08:45:26 PM »
OK, but she is forced to use the same bathroom/lockeroom with a boy who thinks he is a girl regardless of my grand daughters beliefs who still believes he is a boy. I would not want my grand daughter raped like the two girls in Virginia while the powers that be tried to cover it up. Just because some student says they identify as the opposite sex/gender does not make it so.

People force their beliefs on others all the time.

Question for you, an honest one, have you asked your granddaughter? Candidly, I don’t remember if you mentioned her age. I ask because my dad sounds like you. My son’s have grew up going to a Montessori school with a young, trans girl, well, she is a girl, but I’m making sure to give you the details. Needless to say, my grade school aged kids had no issue and when asked about using the same bathroom, calling her a girl, looked at me like I was speaking gibberish. They said, well she isn’t harming anyone and it’s making her feel accepted, so we are good. The world is evolving, thank goodness.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #202 on: June 25, 2022, 09:22:12 PM »
  well at least he didn't shower with his daughter and turn her into a promiscuous sex/drug addict...gotta wonder if he showered with hunter too?  look what happened to him.

i'm talking about MU promoting an environment of respecting life which i would expect a catholic/jesuit institution should do

If only Marquette had taught you to respect the lives of the US Capitol Police officers who were savagely attacked by your fellow cultists.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #203 on: June 25, 2022, 10:08:35 PM »
Y'all are wild for trying to have rational conversations with religious extremists.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #204 on: June 25, 2022, 10:17:52 PM »
Y'all are wild for trying to have rational conversations with religious extremists.
;D

;D   So true.

Every religious extremist wants to control the lives of other people -especially women.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #205 on: June 25, 2022, 10:30:17 PM »
I've tried to read all of this thread tonight and all I can think of is one word:

Yikes!

The decision is done and now the states will decide individual abortion policies. Clear and simple. The way I honestly believe the framers of our Constitution intended.

There are two points I'd stress and hope everyone begins to think toward: 

(1) We spend too much of our time worried about the supply side of abortion. Maybe if our preachers did a better job of preaching, our ministers ministering, our priests working with people and our Rabbis teaching, we could make the whole issue of abortion moot. While I'm strongly pro life, I'm the first to acknowledge that many of us who are pro-life are asking the state to do what we can't.

(2) To the end of limiting demand, those of us who are pro-life need to sit down with our pro-choice friends and neighbors. Talk about common ground and our mutual desire to have abortion as a last resort. Let's talk about unwanted pregnancy and ways to better prevent it. Let's talk about more support for women who carry their children against the odds -- about preserving and fostering life AFTER it leaves the womb!

Finally, Clarence Thomas needs to shut his mouth. If anyone threatens gay and lesbian marital rights, me, a full-blown Republican, will be standing in unison with my gay and lesbian brothers and sisters. Period.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #206 on: June 25, 2022, 10:49:15 PM »

Is wokeness officially a religion now? Religion, cult, same thing.

Finally, Clarence Thomas needs to shut his mouth. If anyone threatens gay and lesbian marital rights, me, a full-blown Republican, will be standing in unison with my gay and lesbian brothers and sisters. Period.

It’s not happening, Great for fundraising but unlike Roe, those decisions are on solid ground. A very good analysis of the “they’re not stopping with abortion” hysteria being pretty much paranoia and little more. The key being Roe dealt with the moral question of life, the others do not.

https://reason.com/volokh/2022/06/24/why-other-fundamental-rights-are-safe-at-least-for-now/?fbclid=IwAR3rahnZhggwh_YTML4jy_jl5vBh9-YHrT7EF4bR5Cp80kHhtr6K0gyklAY

This is pre decision without seeing all of the assurances in the opinion regarding the other three.

https://reason.com/volokh/2022/05/05/will-dobbs-be-a-ticket-good-for-this-right-only/
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #207 on: June 25, 2022, 10:53:33 PM »
It’s not happening, Great for fundraising but unlike Roe, those decisions are on solid ground. A very good analysis of the “they’re not stopping with abortion” hysteria being pretty much paranoia and little more. The key being Roe dealt with the moral question of life, the others do not.

I tend to agree with you but all Justice Thomas did was inflame the left today. Bad idea.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #208 on: June 25, 2022, 10:55:52 PM »
Republican governors of Maryland, Massachusetts, Vermont and New Hampshire all vow to uphold abortion rights in their states.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #209 on: June 25, 2022, 10:57:02 PM »
Do people who use "woke" unironically think anyone takes them seriously?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #210 on: June 25, 2022, 11:01:57 PM »
Is wokeness officially a religion now? Religion, cult, same thing.

https://reason.com/volokh/2022/06/24/why-other-fundamental-rights-are-safe-at-least-for-now/?fbclid=IwAR3rahnZhggwh_YTML4jy_jl5vBh9-YHrT7EF4bR5Cp80kHhtr6K0gyklAY

This is pre decision without seeing all of the assurances in the opinion regarding the other three.

https://reason.com/volokh/2022/05/05/will-dobbs-be-a-ticket-good-for-this-right-only/

When a Supreme Court justice is writing about the need to look at those decisions, it’s not paranoia. Just isn’t. Whether it will ever be overturned or not, a Supreme Court justice is saying it needs to be looked at…
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #211 on: June 25, 2022, 11:12:01 PM »
Julie Jones, chairwoman of the law firm Ropes & Gray, wrote to employees yesterday in a memo that was obtained by the NYT's DealBook:

“As a woman, I have a profound feeling of vulnerability caused by the elimination of a longstanding right of women — a right that affects their bodies and their agency. As a person with privilege, I recognize and worry about the decision’s disproportionate impact on women with limited resources. As an American, I fear the divisive nature of this topic will further fracture an already angry and divided citizenry."

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #212 on: June 26, 2022, 01:10:28 AM »
Do people who use "woke" unironically think anyone takes them seriously?
Do people who think they are women when they are men or vice versa and people who think men can have babies think anyone takes them seriously?
All Lives Matter

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #213 on: June 26, 2022, 01:12:16 AM »
If only Marquette had taught you to respect the lives of the US Capitol Police officers who were savagely attacked by your fellow cultists.
How about all the police officers murdered during the burn loot and murder riots in 2020?
All Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #214 on: June 26, 2022, 06:44:24 AM »
How about all the police officers murdered during the burn loot and murder riots in 2020?

Keep trolling, chicos.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #215 on: June 26, 2022, 06:47:17 AM »

Still waiting for you to identify one person who was FORCED to get vaccinated.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #216 on: June 26, 2022, 06:52:47 AM »
I've tried to read all of this thread tonight and all I can think of is one word:

Yikes!

The decision is done and now the states will decide individual abortion policies. Clear and simple. The way I honestly believe the framers of our Constitution intended.

I am unclear about what you believe here...are you saying you believe the framers wanted abortion rights to be decided by the states? Or all rights? Should equal rights for gays be decided on a state-by-state basis, for instance?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #217 on: June 26, 2022, 07:24:04 AM »
I just started reading this thread but I'm surprised it has remained open this long. Maybe it didn't follow the usual pattern of such threads due to posts from the usual suspects. Time will tell for me.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #218 on: June 26, 2022, 07:25:44 AM »

There was one, and he was killed by right wing extremists.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #219 on: June 26, 2022, 08:31:20 AM »
More cops of died from COVID than violence over the last two years.   

Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #220 on: June 26, 2022, 10:41:35 AM »
You know nothing about my views. 

Sanger was the racist eugenist that founded planned parenthood and wanted to eliminate black and other minority races.

This is profoundly false. She did believe in eugenics, but was different than most in that she did not discuss it in racial terms, rather economic and intellectual terms. While still repulsive in retrospect, it has been rewritten by right-wing individuals as a way to discredit Planned Parenthood.

Interestingly, Sanger opposed abortion, and many of her actions around the world were designed to protect the unborn, by providing access to quality birth control so they could make their own rational decision on when it was best to have children.

Also, as opposed to racial qualifications for eugenics, the group she adamantly opposed and found to be the lowest form, were religious fanatics, who due to religious beliefs opposed birth control and in her opinion over-populated the nation with idiots that would ultimately hurt society.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #221 on: June 26, 2022, 11:16:12 AM »
I just started reading this thread but I'm surprised it has remained open this long. Maybe it didn't follow the usual pattern of such threads due to posts from the usual suspects. Time will tell for me.

Oh it has.  We've gotten the bingo of coup attempts, Hunters laptop, Biden familial matters, "your god/king", and others from the usual suspects.  I'm shocked we haven't gotten a Biden ice cream reference though, maybe thats what's keeping us going

MU82

• All American
« Reply #222 on: June 26, 2022, 11:22:34 AM »
Biden ice cream

Vanilla Soft Serve?

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #223 on: June 26, 2022, 11:33:45 AM »
I see some states have codified legal abortions in their state constitutions like Kansas and I believe California is moving in that direction. The real battle however will be in granting personhood to the unborn. There is also a test case in Arizona that the ACLU is presently challenging. I can see some states declaring the unborn fetus a person in their state constitutions. At some point SCOTUS will have to decide that sticky issue as to when the fetus could be considered a person or not. They have already ruled that corporations have the same equal protections under the 14th amendment as individual persons do. I find it hard that 9 justices could rule that and actual human being is not a person. The challenge is at what point in development would 14th amendment equal protections for the unborn kick in.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #224 on: June 26, 2022, 12:30:08 PM »
This is profoundly false. She did believe in eugenics, but was different than most in that she did not discuss it in racial terms, rather economic and intellectual terms. While still repulsive in retrospect, it has been rewritten by right-wing individuals as a way to discredit Planned Parenthood.

Interestingly, Sanger opposed abortion, and many of her actions around the world were designed to protect the unborn, by providing access to quality birth control so they could make their own rational decision on when it was best to have children.

Also, as opposed to racial qualifications for eugenics, the group she adamantly opposed and found to be the lowest form, were religious fanatics, who due to religious beliefs opposed birth control and in her opinion over-populated the nation with idiots that would ultimately hurt society.

Zingy being less than truthful?

Come on, man.

feedback