[Today at 05:29:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Protecting the Constitution  (Read 26732 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Protecting the Constitution
« on: June 24, 2022, 01:30:55 PM »
We can’t come up with some common sense gun laws because “Second Amendment” and “protect the constitution.”

But then we’ll overturn Row v. Wade.

Lock this up if you want. Just so fed up with the lack of common sense and empathy in this country. It’s baffling how we’ll twist ourselves into pretzels just to keep power where it has been forever, rather than do what’s best for all people.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 02:12:41 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
Re: Protecting the Constitution
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 01:38:22 PM »
We can’t come up with some common sense gun laws because “Second Amendment” and “protect the constitution.”

Lock this up if you want. Just so fed up with the lack of common sense and empathy in this country. It’s baffling how well twist ourselves into pretzels just to keep power where it has been forever, rather than do what’s best for all people.

before the lock: gun legislation was passed this morning (15 Republicans voted in favor to avoid a filibuster).

RBG disagreed with the basis upon which Roe was decided, using privacy and it was more focused on the rights of the doctor to perform abortions rather than the right of a woman to have one.

https://www.newsweek.com/ruth-bader-ginsburg-roe-wade-abortion-scotus-1702948

It's up to either the states or Congress to act, what RBG always felt should have been done.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 01:44:25 PM »
To be fair, Congress today did pass watered-down gun-responsibility legislation. It doesn’t do enough to protect more of the lives that supposedly matter, but at least it’s a start.

But yes, the small-government, personal-rights, right-to-privacy people are now cheering government being granted free passage into pregnant women’s private parts.

The Handmaid‘s Tale, in real life.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 01:48:28 PM »
49 years of 'settled law' up in smoke determined by an unelected body.

What this has shown us is that there is no such thing as stare decisis and any ruling can be overturned based on the make up of the Supreme Court.

Make no mistake, abortions will still happen and illegal ones will kill mothers and babies all across the country.

Fundamental Christian Extremists are taking this country back a hundred years.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 01:49:57 PM »
doomsday

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 01:51:05 PM »

Lock this up if you want. Just so fed up with the lack of common sense and empathy in this country. It’s baffling how well twist ourselves into pretzels just to keep power where it has been forever, rather than do what’s best for all people.

What we need to do, if we can’t ban religion outright, is tax all churches and denominations.  Nothing kills and and divides quite like religion
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 01:58:56 PM »
What we need to do, if we can’t ban religion outright, is tax all churches and denominations.  Nothing kills and and divides quite like religion

Well abortion does. 

I fail to see how babies being born is more tyrannical than babies being destroyed. 

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2022, 02:00:09 PM »
49 years of 'settled law' up in smoke determined by an unelected body.

What this has shown us is that there is no such thing as stare decisis and any ruling can be overturned based on the make up of the Supreme Court.

Make no mistake, abortions will still happen and illegal ones will kill mothers and babies all across the country.

Fundamental Christian Extremists are taking this country back a hundred years.

If the law wasn't created by an unelected body, that read something that clearly isn't there, then maybe it wouldn't have been so susceptible to being overturned by that same body that created it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2022, 02:01:52 PM »
Up next, gay rights. Some Americans are monsters.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2022, 02:03:46 PM »
If the law wasn't created by an unelected body, that read something that clearly isn't there, then maybe it wouldn't have been so susceptible to being overturned by that same body that created it.

"Tell me you don't understand jurisprudence without telling me you don't understand jurisprudence."

Take your religious values and practice them at home you ideological zealot.  Don't force them on everyone else.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2022, 02:11:39 PM »
"Tell me you don't understand jurisprudence without telling me you don't understand jurisprudence."

Take your religious values and practice them at home you ideological zealot.  Don't force them on everyone else.

Thank you.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2022, 02:11:47 PM »
“Some people are not fit to have children/be parents.”

Also. “Overturn Roe v. Wade!”

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2022, 02:12:30 PM »
I'm bathing newborn babies in bathtubs of liberal tears today.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2022, 02:14:37 PM »

They're still going to die.  Just now the mothers as well.

Truly Pro-life delusion.  May your God have mercy on your soul.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2022, 02:16:33 PM »
Well abortion does. 

I fail to see how babies being born is more tyrannical than babies being destroyed.
You don’t see tyranny in the government taking away a woman’s right to choose how she is going to live her life?

And what Hards said.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2022, 02:17:29 PM »
They're still going to die.  Just now the mothers as well.

Truly Pro-life delusion.  May your God have mercy on your soul.

Margaret Sanger is your God and abortion is a religion to the left.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2022, 02:19:16 PM »
Margaret Sanger is your God and abortion is a religion to the left.

I don't know who that is, nor do I care.

Abortion is not a religion, it is a medical procedure that is absolutely normal everywhere in the civilized world.

Why are you jerking off to the removal of rights?  I thought you were some sort of libertarian?  Guess not.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2022, 02:22:33 PM »

Abortion is not a religion, it is a medical procedure that is absolutely normal everywhere in the civilized world.

Why are you jerking off to the removal of rights?  I thought you were some sort of libertarian?  Guess not.

And it will remain absolutely normal here. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2022, 02:22:44 PM »

You know nothing about my views. 

Sanger was the racist eugenist that founded planned parenthood and wanted to eliminate black and other minority races.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2022, 02:27:37 PM »
You know nothing about my views. 

Sanger was the racist eugenist that founded planned parenthood and wanted to eliminate black and other minority races.

Then lay them bare and prove me wrong.

You said you were celebrating by 'bathing babies in liberal tears'.

If you think I'm going to defend someone like Sanger, you're wrong, but it was a fun red herring for you to bring up.  If you truly want my opinion, abortions should be legal and easily accessible at any clinic in the US.  If a medical professional doesn't want to perform them, they shouldn't be required to.  That decision shouldn't involve the US government any more than a removal of a tumor or the removal of tonsils.

Sorry, I'm just with the normal 2/3s of this country.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2022, 02:28:26 PM »
Zigs

You have them on google at the moment and will be anxious to hear the spin they come back with.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2022, 02:31:22 PM »
Before you post further, you may wish to do some research on who Margaret Sanger was and what she advocated. If you still don't care, well then........

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2022, 02:34:10 PM »
Classic conservatives. Make any attempt to deflect attention. If you want Planned Parenthoods shut down everywhere fine. But abortion should not be illegal.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2022, 02:34:28 PM »
Then lay them bare and prove me wrong.

You said you were celebrating by 'bathing babies in liberal tears'.

If you think I'm going to defend someone like Sanger, you're wrong, but it was a fun red herring for you to bring up.  If you truly want my opinion, abortions should be legal and easily accessible at any clinic in the US.  If a medical professional doesn't want to perform them, they shouldn't be required to.  That decision shouldn't involve the US government any more than a removal of a tumor or the removal of tonsils.

Sorry, I'm just with the normal 2/3s of this country.

Then vote to have your local elected officials pass laws making it legal in your state like it was, is, and will be in the majority of states despite the SC ruling today.  If you live in a state that doesn’t now allow it then organize, vote, and demand change.

It’s not the SC job to make legislation.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2022, 02:35:35 PM »
This is what it's all about. Politics as sport without any type of regard for the people it affects and the shameful ways in which it was achieved. It's just another "win".