[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Protecting the Constitution  (Read 26746 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Protecting the Constitution
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2022, 04:33:46 PM »
I have seen neither racism nor drivel from Mr. Merit on this site

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2022, 04:33:59 PM »

It doesn't have to be. Yet so many who who fight for the unborn seem very happy to fight against certain populations of born people despite claiming to be Christian.

As a disclaimer I am both Christian and believe life starts at conception. I just recognize that my belief shouldn't be forced onto others.
That's where I am at as well.

I do think there should be a waiting period, should be the same amount of time as getting a gun.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2022, 04:35:56 PM »
Who says? Well most pro-abortion politicians for one.

It doesn't have to be. Yet so many who who fight for the unborn seem very happy to fight against certain populations of born people despite claiming to be Christian.

As a disclaimer I am both Christian and believe life starts at conception. I just recognize that my belief shouldn't be forced onto others.

Then don't force me to call someone by their preferred pronoun.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2022, 04:36:29 PM »

You got it, ma'am.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2022, 04:36:47 PM »

Who has ever done that, Mrs. Warrior?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2022, 04:37:03 PM »
I have seen neither racism nor drivel from Mr. Merit on this site

Sorry you feel that way
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2022, 04:37:49 PM »
Agreed. And don’t force medical treatments on people like vaccines. As a libertarian and Catholic, just let people be!
All Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2022, 04:38:50 PM »
Agreed. And don’t force medical treatments on people like vaccines. As a libertarian and Catholic, just let people be!

Who forced you to take a vaccine?

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2022, 04:39:04 PM »
All I know is that from the day I heard my wife and I were expecting a child I had unconditional love for that child. Imo, there is nothing more wonderful than seeing a Mom see her new child the first time. It brings tears to my eyes every time I see a picture of Mom and their child. That 100% sums up my feeling on the topic.
This isn’t really the topic though

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2022, 04:42:18 PM »
All I know is that from the day I heard my wife and I were expecting a child I had unconditional love for that child. Imo, there is nothing more wonderful than seeing a Mom see her new child the first time. It brings tears to my eyes every time I see a picture of Mom and their child. That 100% sums up my feeling on the topic.

But that’s not everybody’s experience. Whose paying for the child care if the mother walks out?

You can’t push your experience onto everybody. Especially when people also don’t believe in supporting those below the poverty line.

All you’re going to do is tell someone “pull yourselves up by your boot straps, this is ‘Murica.” to a person/child that didn’t ask to be put in that situation. And then not support them when they’re on the streets.

It’s so unnatural carnal knowledgeed

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2022, 04:45:49 PM »
I do think there should be a waiting period, should be the same amount of time as getting a gun.

I mean, OK, but it's not like a woman can walk into their local Walmart to get an abortion. It's something that requires an appointment which, I would imagine, isn't a "see you in an hour" kind of thing.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2022, 04:46:09 PM »

Who is forcing you? You can call people whatever pronoun you want. Just like I can call you whatever name I want if you refuse to call someone by their preferred pronoun.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2022, 04:49:02 PM »
They're not babies you doofus.  No one is killing babies, and if they are, it's murder.  A clump of cells that can't live on it's own isn't a baby.

Again, take your puritanical Fundemental Christian Extremism and move to a country that was founded upon it.  This one certainly wasn't.

Which is my point, this decision violates 1st Amendment Freedom of Religion rights.  The every fetus is a baby is a religious belief and being forced on others this violating rights

Goose

• All American
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2022, 04:49:49 PM »
Lazer

My take, I am fine if it is legal and it should only be done in extreme circumstances. That said, that is my opinion and understand my opinion does not match up with everyone.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 04:54:44 PM by Goose »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2022, 04:55:01 PM »
Doesn’t matter if the fetus is badly injured in the womb and will go on to have only 3 very painful weeks once out of the womb before dying.

The mother MUST carry that inside her for months and months, must give birth, must helplessly watch the child suffer, must helplessly watch the child die a horrible death, and then must endure a lifetime of emotional suffering herself.

Because the big government of her state said she must, and because she couldn’t afford to travel to a place where there isn’t a cruel, heartless, invasive ruling government entity.

Just like Jesus would have wanted.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2022, 04:55:34 PM »
I mean, OK, but it's not like a woman can walk into their local Walmart to get an abortion. It's something that requires an appointment which, I would imagine, isn't a "see you in an hour" kind of thing.
Here's the waiting period list:
https://www.guttmacher.org/state-policy/explore/counseling-and-waiting-periods-abortion I think it should be at least 7 days, along with required counseling. Guns should be at least that long, with required training.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2022, 05:21:25 PM »
Here's the waiting period list:
https://www.guttmacher.org/state-policy/explore/counseling-and-waiting-periods-abortion I think it should be at least 7 days, along with required counseling. Guns should be at least that long, with required training.

Counseling by who? For what purpose?
I suspect the counseling one receives at Planned Parenthood might be a little different than at Catholic Charities.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2022, 05:44:03 PM »

One trend that once you start to notice, you see everywhere, is that the average person on the right [edit: who is motivated by social issues] does not understand the difference between governmental action and the consequences of their actions from private actors.  This isn't meant to be meanspirited, they truly do not know the difference.  The result is people who allegedly believe in small government trying to use that government as a cudgel against private individuals as a way of getting back at them for how mad they are at the direction society is developing. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 05:46:08 PM by MUBurrow »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2022, 06:05:46 PM »
When you have nothing to say, scream racism. Works every time. The ultimate Trump card and sign of a fundamentally flawed argument.
Except, of course, that you scream your racism every chance you get, including your signature. Along with your soulmate, roqqet. It would be rude of us not to note the racism you are so proud to display.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2022, 06:18:49 PM »
Had RBG resigned, as she should have, during BO's presidency, today's event would not have taken place. So ultimately, the selfish, terminally ill justice, who was the guiding light for women's rights...fooked over women, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #120 on: June 24, 2022, 06:20:07 PM »
Had RBG resigned, as she should have, during BO's presidency, today's event would not have taken place. So ultimately, the selfish, terminally ill justice, who was the guiding light for women's rights...fooked over women, aina?

Not really. Current Supreme Court justices who lied under oath during their swearing in fooked over all Americans today. Their job is to uphold the law, not play politics.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2022, 06:41:25 PM »
I'm the left and I don't think that abortions should be any of the government's business.  Ziggy's access to genital wart medication isn't questioned, so why should a woman's choice to terminate a pregnancy be?  They're medical procedures and they're performed routinely all over the global north. 

If you want to draw the line 15 weeks that's fine, I guess, since there has to be a compromise.  I can be baby stepped to go to 15 weeks since that is a reasonable enough amount of time to know of the pregnancy and discuss all options.

I’ve always thought 15 was a good mark.  12 is the mark for a number of countries in Europe, but 15 is good enough.  I do struggle with the argument that it’s just a clump of cells at that point. I remember our ultrasound appt well before 15, and there were heartbeats, and dimension measurements.  We knew the gender well before that mark.  You can already test for abnormalities.

Sure it’s a fetus, not a baby, but it’s not some nebulous cell arrangement.  So I’ve always hated that argument past 8-10 weeks.

Dicks, Alaska Airlines, and even Chase have already said they’d cover employee travel if their state bans abortions, which is pretty incredible

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2022, 07:10:14 PM »
I’ve always thought 15 was a good mark.  12 is the mark for a number of countries in Europe, but 15 is good enough.  I do struggle with the argument that it’s just a clump of cells at that point. I remember our ultrasound appt well before 15, and there were heartbeats, and dimension measurements.  We knew the gender well before that mark.  You can already test for abnormalities.

Sure it’s a fetus, not a baby, but it’s not some nebulous cell arrangement.  So I’ve always hated that argument past 8-10 weeks.

Dicks, Alaska Airlines, and even Chase have already said they’d cover employee travel if their state bans abortions, which is pretty incredible

A significant majority agree with 15 weeks. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2022, 07:17:13 PM »
"In his opinion concurring with the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn the constitutional right to abortion established in Roe v. Wade, Justice Clarence Thomas wrote that the high court should revisit all cases built on similar legal footing—including cases that guarantee the right to contraception, same-sex consensual sexual relations, and same-sex marriage.

All three cases—and numerous other landmark decisions—are built upon the right to substantive due process found in the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments of the Constitution, which prohibit the government from depriving “any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.”

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=post;topic=63457.100;last_msg=1457054

Conveniently for Mr. Pubic Hair guy, the Loving decision has a different legal rationale.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2022, 07:18:07 PM »
"In his opinion concurring with the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn the constitutional right to abortion established in Roe v. Wade, Justice Clarence Thomas wrote that the high court should revisit all cases built on similar legal footing—including cases that guarantee the right to contraception, same-sex consensual sexual relations, and same-sex marriage.

All three cases—and numerous other landmark decisions—are built upon the right to substantive due process found in the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments of the Constitution, which prohibit the government from depriving “any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.”

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=post;topic=63457.100;last_msg=1457054

Conveniently for Mr. Pubic Hair guy, the Loving decision has a different legal rationale.

Quite convenient
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

feedback