[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Another First  (Read 2715 times)

dgies9156

• All American
Re: Another First
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2022, 04:42:11 PM »
My 15 year old Cocker Spaniel is an incredibly good hound. He sleeps too much these days but he always has been loyal and has a knack for knowing when someone has had a bad day.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2022, 04:52:39 PM »
How does the mutt get along with the support ostrich?

The mutt is the support ostrich. He's terrible at his job.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2022, 04:55:41 PM »
Unless you have a specific need for a specific breed, please just get a rescue dog. We’ve had three and have fostered in the past. There are so many good dogs out there that needs homes.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2022, 05:04:58 PM »
Unless you have a specific need for a specific breed, please just get a rescue dog. We’ve had three and have fostered in the past. There are so many good dogs out there that needs homes.

We agree here.  I have a beagle/shep mix that I got at a local shelter.  Gatsby is such a good boy but he was a little sklddish of elevators for about a year.  The one good thing about COVID is that there have been more rescue dogs that have found families.

I will say that having a Newfie as a kid makes you super spoiled.  Especially when you don't really have to take care of them!!  I still have no idea how my mom did it with 3 kids, they are ridiculously high maintenance.  I still miss Zeus terribly though.  He was 175 lbs and thought he was a lap dog.  They're really a special breed.  :(
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 05:06:37 PM by MuggsyB »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2022, 05:05:33 PM »

Agreed. Our last 3 dogs were rescued and all were absolutely wonderful additions to the family.

The only bad thing is that a great dog doesn’t live forever!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2022, 05:36:34 PM »
Ok, I’m speaking up for the other side. Duncan the Dog came from a small cocker spaniel breeder in Western Illinois. They do about one litter per Evwey two years or so.

Their dogs are in strong demand and are very loving, energetic canines. They are careful and anything but a puppy mill.

If you are going to a breeder, check them out carefully ahead of time.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2022, 05:55:17 PM »
Never trust a person who doesn’t like dogs
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2022, 05:55:52 PM »
I know I don't trust people like that.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2022, 05:59:11 PM »
Never trust a person who doesn’t like dogs

No truer words have been written.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2022, 06:46:59 PM »
Ok, I’m speaking up for the other side. Duncan the Dog came from a small cocker spaniel breeder in Western Illinois. They do about one litter per Evwey two years or so.

Their dogs are in strong demand and are very loving, energetic canines. They are careful and anything but a puppy mill.

If you are going to a breeder, check them out carefully ahead of time.

We were looking at rescue dogs and found one we really liked online. We called and they required 300 down non-refundable deposit before the dog would be shipped from Louisiana. I would never adopt a dog I have not seen in person and the drive to the rescue was an hour and a half from where we live; so we declined.

My daughter found the two Lab pups online from a breeder in PA just over an hour from home. They were only 6 weeks old when we saw them but had to wait until they were 8 weeks to bring them home. They're 8 months old now and weigh about 65 pounds each; Tucker is probably 70 pounds slightly smaller in stature than Ollie but more muscular. Tucker is more retriever whereas Ollie is more search and rescue.

Oh yes, Jack is our 14 year old Golden Retriever and keeps the two pups in line.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 06:49:16 PM by muwarrior69 »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2022, 06:56:26 PM »
We were looking at rescue dogs and found one we really liked online. We called and they required 300 down non-refundable deposit before the dog would be shipped from Louisiana. I would never adopt a dog I have not seen in person and the drive to the rescue was an hour and a half from where we live; so we declined.

My daughter found the two Lab pups online from a breeder in PA just over an hour from home. They were only 6 weeks old when we saw them but had to wait until they were 8 weeks to bring them home. They're 8 months old now and weigh about 65 pounds each; Tucker is probably 70 pounds slightly smaller in stature than Ollie but more muscular. Tucker is more retriever whereas Ollie is more search and rescue.

Oh yes, Jack is our 14 year old Golden Retriever and keeps the two pups in line.

Nice!  65 lbs and 70 lbs?  Those pups may hit 85-90 in a month! 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2022, 06:58:18 PM »
We have had many different breeds

German Shepherds,  Golden Lab, Pugs ( fawn and black), Jack Russell .

They have all been great dogs.

The dog show is a lot of fun. I highly recommend it .
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2022, 07:23:08 PM »
My sister has an Italian greyhound.  She got it largely due to their size given her apartment living in NYC, as well as their ability and reputation as emotional support animals.  She went specifically to a breeder known for it in Missouri, and Blu is a truly remarkable animal.  Incredibly loving but with a high emotional intelligence and just reads my sister's moods and down spots in a truly unique way. 

On the other end, my friends got an Aussie from a breeder in Texas that was recommended to them.  He's a nut, but as he's grown he's looked far stockier than most Aussies...They did the doggie DNA test...turns out he's a 31 flavors mutt that, while 30% or so Aussie, he's actually more German Shepard which is hilarious.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2022, 06:07:11 AM »

And even if you do want a specific breed, there are often rescues for that breed, even high dollar breeds.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2022, 08:16:19 AM »

Can we all at least agree that anything less than 40 pounds still a member of the cat family?
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2022, 09:22:28 AM »
Can we all at least agree that anything less than 40 pounds still a member of the cat family?
[/quote

LOL.  I have a cat that's an eating machine and thinks he's a dog.  He will head butt anyone who comes into my apartment and expect immediate belly rubs for hours.  I'm surprised he still has a decent vert and can get his fat ass off the ground.. 

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2022, 09:36:15 AM »
[/quote

LOL.  I have a cat that's an eating machine and thinks he's a dog.  He will head butt anyone who comes into my apartment and expect immediate belly rubs for hours.  I'm surprised he still has a decent vert and can get his fat ass off the ground..

Oh, I doubt that he thinks he's a dog. He would consider that a demotion. Remember, dogs have owners. Cats have staff. A dog will happily let you be the boss.  A cat will review your resume' and then shred it.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2022, 09:39:56 AM »
Oh, I doubt that he thinks he's a dog. He would consider that a demotion. Remember, dogs have owners. Cats have staff. A dog will happily let you be the boss.  A cat will review your resume' and then shred it.

Touche. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2022, 01:31:47 PM »
All of our friends who have cats praise them by saying, “Oh, he’s great. He’s just like a dog.”
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson