[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Door County  (Read 7495 times)

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
Re: Door County
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2020, 11:16:50 AM »
Anyone else absolutely hate Door County?
I do.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2020, 11:29:23 AM »
The new Shipwrecked .. isn't horrible, not great.  We went shortly after it re-opened.  The decor inside was .. bad.   Loud inside, but the patio is nice, as is the view from upstairs.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2020, 11:34:26 AM »
My wife’s family is from Door County, so we have been going up there 3 to 5 times /year for 35 years (and she of course longer- she even worked in Fish Creek one summer during college). No need to re-hash all the great recommendations above, though in scrolling quickly through I may have missed The Farm in Sturgeon Bay -a must if you have kids.

Thinking of building a place on the bluff north of egg harbor.  My favorite thing to do is drive or bike from Sturgeon Bay to Egg Harbor on Bay Shore Drive, especially in the fall.  Also great fall drives way north. 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2020, 12:06:29 PM »

Thinking of building a place on the bluff north of egg harbor.  My favorite thing to do is drive or bike from Sturgeon Bay to Egg Harbor on Bay Shore Drive, especially in the fall.  Also great fall drives way north.

The ride from Egg Harbor up to Fish Creek is very nice as well, though much shorter.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2020, 02:01:26 PM »
Agreed! And that's where my wife's family has a nice lot on the bluff.  Juddville.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 02:03:11 PM by LloydsLegs »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2020, 10:13:58 PM »

Yes.  Nice building in the same location.  Terrible beer.

I have a story of me being a total pretty boy to my mother in law.

She went to DC and got me a 6 pack of beer, and it was Shipwrecked.  I had been to the brewery and dropped what amounted to, "Thanks, its terrible beer".

Biggest moment of foot in mouth in my entire life... and that is saying something.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2020, 07:58:37 AM »
I have a story of me being a total pretty boy to my mother in law.

She went to DC and got me a 6 pack of beer, and it was Shipwrecked.  I had been to the brewery and dropped what amounted to, "Thanks, its terrible beer".

Biggest moment of foot in mouth in my entire life... and that is saying something.

There is a beautiful craft beer festival in Egg Harbor in late September.  Right in the park next to the water where 42 hangs a right toward Fish Creek - and right next to Shipwrecked.

The funny thing is, there are all sorts of lines for beer...except for Shipwrecked.  Nobody seems to like them.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

🏀

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2020, 08:02:43 AM »

There is a beautiful craft beer festival in Egg Harbor in late September.  Right in the park next to the water where 42 hangs a right toward Fish Creek - and right next to Shipwrecked.

The funny thing is, there are all sorts of lines for beer...except for Shipwrecked.  Nobody seems to like them.

I checked out their reviews on BeerAdvocate, I don't think I've ever seen an entire brewery with a lower average score.

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2020, 08:16:48 AM »
White Gull Inn for breakfast and Wild Tomato for pizza.  Both delicious. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2020, 09:41:35 AM »
I checked out their reviews on BeerAdvocate, I don't think I've ever seen an entire brewery with a lower average score.

When I went to the old brewery years ago... the best way I could describe their beer was that they didn't know how crucial of an ingredient water is.  Every single one of the tasters on the flight tasted like the water profile had a TON of iron in it. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2022, 01:48:15 PM »
For those who have been to both, compare Door county to the Leelanau peninsula.

Leaning Door tomorrow after a week long trip.

Leelanau 4 out of 5 trips.