collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Mayra Flores  (Read 2299 times)

Dickthedribbler

• All American
Mayra Flores
« on: June 15, 2022, 07:39:04 PM »
Yesterday (June 14) a Special Election was held to fill the vacancy in the 34th U. S. Congressional District of Texas ( generally South Texas). The winner was a little known political neophyte named Mayra Flores.

The significance of Ms. Flores' win was that she became the first Mexican born woman to be elected to the U.S. Congress.

And since I know that many MU Scoopers are staunch advocates of electing minority candidates to positions of power, how about a big Scoop standing ovation for Ms. Flores' and her achievement. Breaking through yet another glass ceiling.

Damnedest thing, though, nary a mention of this on some cable news programs and other media outlets.

Oh well, join me in wishing Congresswoman Flores a long, long, long successful career.

tower912

• All American
Re: Mayra Flores
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 07:43:05 PM »
Odd.  A rudimentary google search on my phone indicated stories on all the major news platforms.

IBTL
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 07:49:09 PM »
Odd.  A rudimentary google search on my phone indicated stories on all the major news platforms.

IBTL

Yep. Pretty much whenever anyone says “it’s weird that one side didn’t cover this” it is easily shown to be false. It was all over the place today.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 07:54:27 PM »
How 'bout dat .75% interest rate hike, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 07:59:38 PM »
Also all over the place.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 07:59:49 PM »

Yep. Pretty much whenever anyone says “it’s weird that one side didn’t cover this” it is easily shown to be false. It was all over the place today.

Has to be bittersweet, however.  She’s part of the Great Replacement. 
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2022, 08:11:13 PM »
What-----no enthusiasm. No congratulations to Ms. Flores' on this notable achievement.

I'm disappointed in some of you guys.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2022, 08:12:31 PM »
What-----no enthusiasm. No congratulations to Ms. Flores' on this notable achievement.

Why?
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2022, 08:17:58 PM »

Why? I find her politics to be awful.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2022, 08:22:35 PM »

I present to you:  the Mope Squad.

ETA:  if she had a D after her name, she would have been on the View today.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 08:24:22 PM by ZiggysFryBoy »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2022, 08:39:42 PM »
I present to you:  the Mope Squad.

ETA:  if she had a D after her name, she would have been on the View today.

Guy criticizes posters for not jumping for joy…without jumping for joy.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2022, 08:51:18 PM »
Damnedest thing, though, nary a mention of this on some cable news programs and other media outlets.

This is like the 7th time in the last month that a poster has claimed the media isn't covering something only to be proven wrong with a 2 second google search. How many times do y'all need to be wrong before you say "huh, the media actually does a pretty good job covering stuff"?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2022, 09:00:24 PM »
This is like the 7th time in the last month that a poster has claimed the media isn't covering something only to be proven wrong with a 2 second google search. How many times do y'all need to be wrong before you say "huh, the media actually does a pretty good job covering stuff"?

Who on CNN or MSNBC interviewed her and/or congratulated her on her barrier breaking achievement. If either of those channels had her live, I missed it.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2022, 09:09:11 PM »
Maybe it is political party affiliation that MSNBC and CNN were cool towards. 

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2022, 09:17:25 PM »
Yesterday (June 14) a Special Election was held to fill the vacancy in the 34th U. S. Congressional District of Texas ( generally South Texas). The winner was a little known political neophyte named Mayra Flores.

The significance of Ms. Flores' win was that she became the first Mexican born woman to be elected to the U.S. Congress.

And since I know that many MU Scoopers are staunch advocates of electing minority candidates to positions of power, how about a big Scoop standing ovation for Ms. Flores' and her achievement. Breaking through yet another glass ceiling.

Oh well, join me in wishing Congresswoman Flores a long, long, long successful career.

Seems more significant that she's a full-blooded QAnon adherent.  You shouldn't celebrate that sickness. In poor taste. 

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2022, 09:44:53 PM »

Hispanic immigration is going to turn Texas blue.

Oh, wait. Minority groups aren’t monoliths.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2022, 10:32:59 PM »
Seems more significant that she's a full-blooded QAnon adherent.  You shouldn't celebrate that sickness. In poor taste.

At least she doesn't eat babies. I guess that is a plus.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2022, 10:35:35 PM »
Who on CNN or MSNBC interviewed her and/or congratulated her on her barrier breaking achievement. If either of those channels had her live, I missed it.

Ah, so "nary a mention" means somethings besides "nary a mention" in your lexicon
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2022, 10:39:57 PM »
How many personalities does Cheeks have, and why are they all so unlikable?

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2022, 11:48:08 PM »
How many personalities does Cheeks have, and why are they all so unlikable?
Fascinating to see that instead of acknowledging more than one person can share similar viewpoints, it’s much easier to just pretend they are all the same person. Y’all have no lives.
All Lives Matter

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2022, 04:32:04 AM »

Ah now you are shifting goalposts.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2022, 05:41:08 AM »

Oh?  She’s a Q “buffon”?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2022, 06:59:57 AM »
Just another dangerous Gohmert/Greene/Gaetz/Boebert/Cawthorn far-far-far-right-wing extremist who supports cop-killing coup attempts against the U.S. government and who bends the knee to the coup's king.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2022, 07:39:53 AM »
Oh wait, she was elected.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2022, 07:46:42 AM »
Oh wait, she was elected.

Yes, she was.  She’ll be one of many Qanon morons elected.