[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: UW-Madison at American Family Field (Brew City Battle)  (Read 3781 times)

Warrior of Law

• All American
UW-Madison at American Family Field (Brew City Battle)
« on: June 14, 2022, 09:11:49 AM »
Good to see them trying it.  I do think it needs to be a night game or later PM, as the windows make for some hard shadows.

I'm actually happy it isn't a MU game as I don't see it drawing more than a few thousand people, and hopefully it keeps them from the FF for the MU v UW-Mad game.

https://www.mlb.com/brewers/tickets/events/badgers-basketball
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
Re: UW-Madison at American Family Field (Brew City Battle)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 09:17:10 AM »
Good to see them trying it.  I do think it needs to be a night game or later PM, as the windows make for some hard shadows.

I'm actually happy it isn't a MU game as I don't see it drawing more than a few thousand people, and hopefully it keeps them from the FF for the MU v UW-Mad game.

https://www.mlb.com/brewers/tickets/events/badgers-basketball

The problem with a night game is that may make the temperature issue worse. I could see this going the way of the Carrier game.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 09:25:33 AM »
LOL, that graphic looks like something out of 1997.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 12:30:20 PM »
If that's how they're going to align the basketball court, the guy who thought of that should be immediately fired.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2022, 12:46:06 PM »
If that's how they're going to align the basketball court, the guy who thought of that should be immediately fired.
Maybe an MU alumnus sabotaging....
Goal is National Championship

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2022, 12:46:23 PM »
I predict this is the one and only time this is ever done.

I'd be pissed if I were a Badger season ticket holder and lost a home game (even if it is against a mid-major PAC12 school) to this sideshow.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2022, 01:51:13 PM »
LOL, that graphic looks like something out of 1997.
That's being generous

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2022, 02:22:04 PM »

I'd be pissed if I were a Badger season ticket holder and lost a home game (even if it is against a mid-major PAC12 school) to this sideshow.

They announced it as “the first annual” event meaning they plan to do it probably every year

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2022, 02:30:50 PM »
They announced it as “the first annual” event meaning they plan to do it probably every year

People say that because it imparts some exclusivity.  That doesn't mean it will happen again if it bombs.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2022, 02:45:12 PM »

I thought I saw  where Gard had said he thought it would be every 2 or 3 years ! ! !

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2022, 02:46:20 PM »

...the event is not part of either the men's or women's season ticket packages for the 2022-23 season.

Gard said. “It will be cool for our fans and hopefully it is something we can continue every other year or every three years, something like that. I don’t know where it will go.
“But it will be beneficial for Am Fam Field. Maybe it leads to them hosting a regional. I think that is on the radar.”

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2022, 03:29:14 PM »
...the event is not part of either the men's or women's season ticket packages for the 2022-23 season.
Gard said. “It will be cool for our fans and hopefully it is something we can continue every other year or every three years, something like that. I don’t know where it will go.
“But it will be beneficial for Am Fam Field. Maybe it leads to them hosting a regional. I think that is on the radar.”

If it’s not in the STH package, it could very well bomb. Selling 25,000 tickets from scratch is not easy even with the Bucky & Brewers database. 

Gard’s point about getting a regional is an interesting one. The whole point of this exercise is to generate revenue for Brewers Enterprises.  That is the non baseball arm of the Brewers and its revenues are not subject to MLB revenue sharing. This is like an Eric Church concert or the previous half marathons, it’s an attempt by the Brewers to further monetize the park. 

Someone should tell the NCAAs they’re ruining the regionals by playing them in stadiums.   Attendance revenue is fractional to TV money.  Stop chasing pennies on the dollar.  Invest in your product.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2022, 03:46:27 PM »
I have it  on good authority that there will NEVER be Regional play in Milw, if MU is the host school.  If UW wants to host (and all the work that comes with it) a Regional at AFF they can do it. But then UW won't be playing there. Just sayin' ! ! !  8-)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2022, 03:51:52 PM »
If it’s not in the STH package, it could very well bomb. Selling 25,000 tickets from scratch is not easy even with the Bucky & Brewers database. 

Gard’s point about getting a regional is an interesting one. The whole point of this exercise is to generate revenue for Brewers Enterprises.  That is the non baseball arm of the Brewers and its revenues are not subject to MLB revenue sharing. This is like an Eric Church concert or the previous half marathons, it’s an attempt by the Brewers to further monetize the park. 

Someone should tell the NCAAs they’re ruining the regionals by playing them in stadiums.   Attendance revenue is fractional to TV money.  Stop chasing pennies on the dollar.  Invest in your product.

The NCAA hasn't hosted a regional in a stadium since 2015.  My understanding is that Fiserv prefers hosting first and second round games because it is double the fanbase.  (8 teams in town instead of 4)  So I am not saying this isn't going to happen, but I would be very surprised.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2022, 04:05:10 PM »
I thought I saw  where Gard had said he thought it would be every 2 or 3 years ! ! !
UW is so smart and cool, they have their own dictionary.

In the Oxford Dictionary: Annual (adj.) occurring once every year.

UW Madison Dictionary: Annual (adj.) occurring every 2 or 3 years

Suck It Harvard!(or I mean the UW Madison of the East)

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2022, 04:48:35 PM »
I bet tickets sell better than you guys might think.  There are lots of commies I mean UW-Madison alum (and UW-O, UW-W, etc. that identify as "University of Wisconsin" alum) in the Milwaukee area that don't have season tickets in Madison but will jump on a novelty like this in Milwaukee. 

I got a promotional email from the Brewers about it today because I'm on the Brewers email list.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2022, 05:59:28 PM »

"Gard said 'it will be cool for our fans' ".

A night game in Milwaukee on November 11, when the interior temperature can only be raised at most 25 degrees higher than the outside temperature.

Yeah, you're damn right. It could be very "cool" for their fans ( and players).

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2022, 06:01:49 PM »
I bet tickets sell better than you guys might think.  There are lots of commies I mean UW-Madison alum (and UW-O, UW-W, etc. that identify as "University of Wisconsin" alum) in the Milwaukee area that don't have season tickets in Madison but will jump on a novelty like this in Milwaukee. 
I wouldn't be surprised if does sell well for the reasons you pointed out. I just think the experience will be disappointing, the reviews from those who attended will not be favorable and pissing off long time season ticket holders will make this a one time event. I know the Packers corrected their well intentioned but ill executed Milwaukee games.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2022, 11:42:54 PM »
It'll be cool - like an aircraft carrier.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2022, 12:43:54 AM »

Since 2013, when Cowboys Stadium and Lucas Oil Stadium hosted regionals, only two domes have hosted regionals: Lucas Oil and the Carrier Dome (sane set up as for Syracuse games).  And other than Lucas Oil, no other dome will host a regional through 2026.

The NCAA recognized what you said. A number of arenas are now regular sites for regionals, specifically MSG, and the YUM Center.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 01:01:16 AM by Billy Hoyle »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2022, 09:04:39 AM »
Novelty is key.  I might end up going to this merely for the novelty of it.  Glad it's not MU doing this stunt though!

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2022, 11:09:30 AM »
Since 2013, when Cowboys Stadium and Lucas Oil Stadium hosted regionals, only two domes have hosted regionals: Lucas Oil and the Carrier Dome (sane set up as for Syracuse games).  And other than Lucas Oil, no other dome will host a regional through 2026.

The NCAA recognized what you said. A number of arenas are now regular sites for regionals, specifically MSG, and the YUM Center.

my bad, I haven't seen the regionals since 2013  :'(
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MU82

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2022, 01:47:20 PM »
I like that they named this event after our very own Scoop legend, brewcity77!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Viper

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2022, 03:59:44 PM »
People say that because it imparts some exclusivity.  That doesn't mean it will happen again if it bombs.
Walmart Badgers will show-up. (I hope MU doesn’t do this. Lose a FF game for a baseball field? No way!)
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2022, 08:10:55 PM »
I like that they named this event after our very own Scoop legend, brewcity77!

Pretty sure this was named for BrewCity83, note the capitalization. (And no way am I taking credit for this Badger BS  ;D )
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback