[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Viper
[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by MarquetteDano
[Today at 09:22:06 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Woman trifles with Bison (and loses)  (Read 1035 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Woman trifles with Bison (and loses)
« on: June 01, 2022, 11:31:40 AM »
At what point should we be required to take an I.Q. test to enter Yellowstone Park?  Some nimrod approaches a Bison and disregards that you are not to go within 25 feet of these powerful animals.  So Ms. genius comes way too close, gets tossed 12 feet in the air like a rag doll , and is in critical condition at the hospital.   Sorry but 0.0 sympathy on this one.  Hopefully the  🦬 is enjoying the rest of his/her day with minor anxiety. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Woman trifles with Bison (and loses)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 11:41:41 AM »
Meanwhile, Illinois authorities let Tyson roam free through the suburbs for months, unable to catch him until recently.

https://abc7chicago.com/tyson-the-bison-captured-lake-county-lakewood-forest-preserve/11894029/

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 11:52:21 AM »
At what point should we be required to take an I.Q. test to enter Yellowstone Park?  Some nimrod approaches a Bison and disregards that you are not to go within 25 feet of these powerful animals.  So Ms. genius comes way too close, gets tossed 12 feet in the air like a rag doll , and is in critical condition at the hospital.   Sorry but 0.0 sympathy on this one.  Hopefully the  🦬 is enjoying the rest of his/her day with minor anxiety.

The "people are stupid" posts are always easy. There will never be a shortage of candidates.

I've seen the same thing in the Smokies and in Glacier where people will walk to within a few feet of a bear. We have an epidemic of idiots in this country.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 11:53:49 AM »
Bison are super underrated.  I have a cousin of a cousin who converted their family's former soybean farm in Illinois into a hobby farm.  He has a small herd of Buffs.  He said they are amazing.  Actually very intelligent, friendly and playful...and this is someone who grew up around dairy farms and hates cows.  Crappy eyesight tho which doesn't help aggression, especially with wild ones.

Also, absolutely delicious.  I hope they continue to make even more of a comeback cause Id never eat beef again if bison was an option.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 12:00:20 PM »
Bison burgers are delicious
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 12:01:15 PM »
Bison are super underrated.  I have a cousin of a cousin who converted their family's former soybean farm in Illinois into a hobby farm.  He has a small herd of Buffs.  He said they are amazing.  Actually very intelligent, friendly and playful...and this is someone who grew up around dairy farms and hates cows.  Crappy eyesight tho which doesn't help aggression, especially with wild ones.

Also, absolutely delicious.  I hope they continue to make even more of a comeback cause Id never eat beef again if bison was an option.

We're talking about an animal that can weigh 2,000 pounds and run 35 mph.  They are living tanks (although mini ones compared to rhinos) and should be respected on their turf. 

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 12:12:35 PM »
Last time we were in Yellowstone, some douchebag with California plates sent a drone into a herd of bison that was beside one of the main roads. They were visibly spooked, and some of them began to run. Fortunately, a park ranger happened to be driving by. We flagged her down and pointed to the offenders just as they landed the drone next to their car.
I hope they got a huge fine. Those a-holes could have started a rampage in an area crowded with visitors.
Have some patience, FFS.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2022, 12:35:28 PM »
As I said, no shortage.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2022, 12:40:30 PM »
There was a herd of bison grazing in a field and causing a traffic jam when I was in  Custer State Park years ago.  Some people parked and got out of their car, and a park ranger had to drive through the field, bumping bison out of the way to get near these people.  He jumped out of his car and busts out two giant whips in case any of the bison decided to charge.  Had to yell at the people to get back in their cars.  Would suck to be a park ranger that has to deal with dumb people like that, putting yourself in danger because they don't know how to be responsible.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2022, 01:02:32 PM »
There was a herd of bison grazing in a field and causing a traffic jam when I was in  Custer State Park years ago.  Some people parked and got out of their car, and a park ranger had to drive through the field, bumping bison out of the way to get near these people.  He jumped out of his car and busts out two giant whips in case any of the bison decided to charge.  Had to yell at the people to get back in their cars.  Would suck to be a park ranger that has to deal with dumb people like that, putting yourself in danger because they don't know how to be responsible.

Custer State Park and Sturgis, youtube is full of videos of bikers with loud pipes getting tossed by bison when they decide to take the scenic wildlife loop. We were camping there years ago and got stuck in a small traffic jam surrounded by bison, our dogs in the back of our SUV went crazy barking at bison 15 feet away. I though we would get charged before I could shut the dogs up, no way I'd take a Harley through there.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2022, 03:53:48 PM »
Too bad there are so many people around. If you take some of the dirt roads in Custer, you go by the 'ranch' where they cull the herd every year.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2022, 05:03:14 PM »

ACAB except park rangers

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2022, 05:22:57 AM »
Stolen from a post about the guy annoying Mike Tyson.

I’ve been drunk plenty of times, but I’ve never been f with a buffalo drunk before.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2022, 07:46:27 AM »
She probably was asking to talk to its manager.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback