[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: In response to U.S. gun carnage, Canada to enact tough laws  (Read 23279 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: In response to U.S. gun carnage, Canada to enact tough laws
« Reply #450 on: June 08, 2022, 01:45:45 PM »
...but a 10 round magazine won't fit that firearm.

I assure you, in a world of supply and demand, someone will manufacture a magazine that would fit that weapon.

murara1994

• Starter
« Reply #451 on: June 08, 2022, 01:49:13 PM »
Ah, that explains why you're voting for politicians who are in favor of paid parental leave, paid child care, pre-K school for all, improved conditions and pay for teachers, at least one mental-healthcare professional in every school, and the strong gun-responsibility laws that you've already echoed McConaughey in supporting.

Thanks in advance for vowing to vote out all those who would deny those important measures.

Just because you agree with religious zealots instead of scientists about what constitutes "life," and just because you seem to favor government telling women what to do with their reproductive systems, it's great that you won't support all the politicians who abandon those human lives after they enter the world.

Thanks again!

I am very sorry that you cannot walk and chew gum at the same time, or hold two thoughts about two separate issues at the same time. 

The answer to republicans who oppose these things for liberals is just to snuff out innocent life, I guess.  Very sophisticated.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #452 on: June 08, 2022, 01:54:42 PM »
I am very sorry that you cannot walk and chew gum at the same time, or hold two thoughts about two separate issues at the same time. 

The answer to republicans who oppose these things for liberals is just to snuff out innocent life, I guess.  Very sophisticated.

Interesting.  Do you believe in the death penalty?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #453 on: June 08, 2022, 02:06:06 PM »

The answer is to care about those who actually are human beings -- including women who need to be allowed to control their own reproductive systems, and innocent children who are getting gunned down in part because of how easy it is for murderers to get guns.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 03:15:34 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #454 on: June 08, 2022, 03:07:23 PM »
...but a 10 round magazine won't fit that firearm. It is my understanding that the magazine capacity for each firearm is fixed and are not interchangeable. If I am wrong I'll stand corrected.
Is there some Constitutional right that says gun manufacturers must never be required to change the capacity of their magazines?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #455 on: June 08, 2022, 04:22:13 PM »
Interesting.  Do you believe in the death penalty?

I don’t. I’m pro life for the most innocent and the most heinously guilty in our society.

How about you? Kill the innocent and protect the guilty?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #456 on: June 08, 2022, 07:50:18 PM »
The answer is to care about those who actually are human beings -- including women who need to be allowed to control their own reproductive systems, and innocent children who are getting gunned down in part because of how easy it is for murderers to get guns.

they are very much allowed to control their reproduction systems-and many wish they would please

abstain

rhythm method

use birth control

abortion kills innocent children-period
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #457 on: June 08, 2022, 08:23:47 PM »
LOL..."rhythm method"

Are you serious with that sh*t???
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #458 on: June 08, 2022, 08:30:29 PM »
they are very much allowed to control their reproduction systems-and many wish they would please

abstain

rhythm method

use birth control

So do guns.  Period.
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #459 on: June 08, 2022, 08:33:54 PM »
Let's just be clear.  Rocket cares more about a mass of cells that's not viable outside the womb than he does school age children.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #460 on: June 08, 2022, 08:36:23 PM »
Let's just be clear.  Rocket cares more about a mass of cells that's not viable outside the womb than he does school age children.

He doesn’t really
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #461 on: June 08, 2022, 08:37:57 PM »

abstain

rhythm method

use birth control

I thank God every day for the rythym method.  Without it,  I wouldn't exist!

The only one of these methods that works 100% is abstaining and even that can "fail" in the event that there's a sexual assault. I'm not saying that justifies abortion, just pointing out that it's not as simple as you make it out to be.

That being said, I am very for increasing comprehensive sexual education in the schools and increasing access to free/affordable contraceptives. Would you support both of these things?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 08:45:47 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #462 on: June 08, 2022, 08:48:53 PM »

"The unborn” are a convenient group of people to advocate for. They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don’t resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don’t ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don’t need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don’t bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn. You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power, or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone. They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus, but actually dislike people who breathe. Prisoners? Immigrants? The sick? The poor? Widows? Orphans? All the groups that are specifically mentioned in the Bible? They all get thrown under the bus for the unborn." - Pastor David Barnhart
TAMU

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #463 on: June 08, 2022, 08:57:35 PM »
"The unborn” are a convenient group of people to advocate for. They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don’t resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don’t ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don’t need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don’t bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn. You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power, or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone. They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus, but actually dislike people who breathe. Prisoners? Immigrants? The sick? The poor? Widows? Orphans? All the groups that are specifically mentioned in the Bible? They all get thrown under the bus for the unborn." - Pastor David Barnhart

Wow. That is really good...and accurate.

Believe me, I am not an "unlimited abortion" guy. The state has a compelling reason at some point to protect the rights of the unborn more than the rights of the mother.  I just place that later in pregnancy than others do.

But mostly I am amazed at the hypocrisy from a lot of people who would label themselves "pro life."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #464 on: June 08, 2022, 09:15:42 PM »

abstain

rhythm method

use birth control

You want fool-proof birth control? Let’s sterilize every male, starting with all those in the extended roQQet family.

And, as a scientist like you knows, they aren’t “children” for many, many weeks in the womb. They are cell groups.

Please start caring about actual living, breathing children. Support the strong gun-responsibility laws that McConaughey and our friend Lenny are advocating.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 09:34:23 PM by MU82 »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #465 on: June 08, 2022, 09:34:25 PM »
  here's what 82 wants-

women who need to be ALLOWED to CONTROL their OWN reproductive systems

once a consenting woman voluntarily has intercourse, she gave up that control whether you like to admit it or not 

btw-your vitiole 82 is very revealing.  btw II-why did you go to MU? 

what ever happened to the ole it's between the woman and her doctor with regards to other things, such as...and i realize that you don't recognize the fact that people may believe in a "higher power" so that helps explain your disdain for the unborn or "clump of cells" bullshot.  there are so very few abortions performed on "clumps of cells"  most are done way further up the development cycle well after that "clump of cells" has a heart beat

i care about ALL LIVES buddy

don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #466 on: June 08, 2022, 09:52:34 PM »
  here's what 82 wants-

once a consenting woman voluntarily has intercourse, she gave up that control whether you like to admit it or not 

what ever happened to the ole it's between the woman and her doctor with regards to other things, such as...and i realize that you don't recognize the fact that people may believe in a "higher power" so that helps explain your disdain for the unborn or "clump of cells" bullshot.  there are so very few abortions performed on "clumps of cells"  most are done way further up the development cycle well after that "clump of cells" has a heart beat

Sometimes, your stupidity amazes even me. 

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #467 on: June 08, 2022, 09:55:10 PM »
Yep. The entire 2nd Amendment has 27 words, and 2 of them are well regulated. In fact, except for the article "a," well regulated are the amendment's very first two words.

Let's regulate this imperfect and vague amendment, and let's regulate it well!

If you enjoy parsing the U.S. Constitution and cute little linguistic games, then you surely know that no matter how many words appear in the 14th Amendment, the words "privacy" and "abortion" are not there.

So let's not take the imperfect and vague 14th Amendment to manufacture "rights" that don't exist.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #468 on: June 08, 2022, 10:04:56 PM »
  here's what 82 wants-

Buffon Grande.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #469 on: June 08, 2022, 10:05:28 PM »
If you enjoy parsing the U.S. Constitution and cute little linguistic games, then you surely know that no matter how many words appear in the 14th Amendment, the words "privacy" and "abortion" are not there.

So let's not take the imperfect and vague 14th Amendment to manufacture "rights" that don't exist.

I mean, neither the word "guns" or "firearms" are in the Second Amendment.  Obviously the authors were talking about the right to go sleeveless.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #470 on: June 08, 2022, 10:09:58 PM »

It doesn’t take a lot of “parsing” or “cute little linguistic games” to find “well regulated” in the 2nd Amendment.

And women should have control of their own bodies, not have the government in their wombs.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #471 on: June 08, 2022, 10:14:42 PM »
I mean, neither the word "guns" or "firearms" are in the Second Amendment.  Obviously the authors were talking about the right to go sleeveless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpeUznIhgLU
TAMU

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #472 on: June 09, 2022, 04:41:04 AM »

No you don’t.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #473 on: June 09, 2022, 04:55:33 AM »
  here's what 82 wants-

Why does having a heart beat matter?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #474 on: June 09, 2022, 06:26:45 AM »

wut?

What is "vitiole"? Is it something unique to biggot Buffons like you? You obviously didn't go to MU to learn how to spell, write, think or make rational arguments.

You don't even care about Mike Pence's life, buddy. Or the lives of the Capitol Police officers.

feedback