[Today at 03:15:40 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[Today at 03:02:03 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 12:50:35 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Dental Crime Reports  (Read 28566 times)

tower912

• All American
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Dental Crime Reports
« Reply #226 on: July 28, 2022, 08:20:59 PM »
Federal Prosecutor: Dentist Confessed to Wife's Safari Death
A wealthy dentist accused of killing his wife during an African safari and later collecting nearly $5 million in insurance proceeds admitted to the killing to his longtime lover, a federal prosecutor told a jury Wednesday.

By Associated Press
|
July 13, 2022, at 8:19 p.m.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2022-07-13/federal-prosecutor-dentist-confessed-to-wifes-safari-death

Being a dentist should automatically trigger a red flag law.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #230 on: August 24, 2022, 12:34:27 PM »

This story goes into even more detail...and hoo boy...

https://www.rochestercitynewspaper.com/rochester/juneteenth-parody-party-couple-nicholas-nicosia-mary-znidarsci-nicosia-digs-in-defend-themselves/Content?oid=15028693

My favorite part is that their lawyer held a press conference at a Hilton Garden Inn.

Not a Four Seasons (Landscaping)?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #231 on: August 24, 2022, 12:36:20 PM »

https://www.rochestercitynewspaper.com/rochester/juneteenth-parody-party-couple-nicholas-nicosia-mary-znidarsci-nicosia-digs-in-defend-themselves/Content?oid=15028693

My favorite part is that their lawyer held a press conference at a Hilton Garden Inn.

Well, you have to give the lawyer credit for not booking a Gardening shop on accident. That’s a higher bar than I had previously thought.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2022, 02:08:30 PM »

This is a money quote:

“I do have a Twitter parody account that operates under a veil of a persona and I have made blatantly racist comments under that persona,” Znidarsic-Nicosia said. “The culture of Twitter operates that way. It’s part of its charm. I don’t want to say charm, but it gives you an opportunity to be someone that you’re not in terms of a persona."
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2022, 02:35:52 PM »
Shut up and drill, aina?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #234 on: August 24, 2022, 04:11:25 PM »
This is a money quote:

“I do have a Twitter parody account that operates under a veil of a persona and I have made blatantly racist comments under that persona,” Znidarsic-Nicosia said. “The culture of Twitter operates that way. It’s part of its charm. I don’t want to say charm, but it gives you an opportunity to be someone that you’re not in terms of a persona."

I also enjoyed:

“I’m aware of the perception of KFC. Was that the reason it is was in my home?” she said. “No. It was an easy meal.”

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #235 on: August 24, 2022, 04:13:12 PM »
I also enjoyed:

“I’m aware of the perception of KFC. Was that the reason it is was in my home?” she said. “No. It was an easy meal.”

Based on her parody accounts tweet history, that’s clearly the case.  The racists always make their racism clear despite their protests
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #236 on: August 24, 2022, 04:38:53 PM »
I went to the dentist this past week. Luckily escaped without being a victim of dental crime! Phew!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #237 on: August 24, 2022, 04:52:15 PM »

Another one that thinks consequence for one's actions is cancel culture.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #238 on: August 24, 2022, 05:53:08 PM »
I went to the dentist this past week. Luckily escaped without being a victim of dental crime! Phew!

Wait til you see the bill!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #239 on: August 27, 2022, 09:54:05 AM »

So the dentist in our neighborhood was arrested this week for dealing drugs - meth, heroin, cocaine, everything... It just goes to show you never truly know what people are doing in their secret lives. My family and I have been going to him for over 10 years and none of us could have ever imagined he was a dentist.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #240 on: August 27, 2022, 09:55:04 AM »
So the dentist in our neighborhood was arrested this week for dealing drugs - meth, heroin, cocaine, everything... It just goes to show you never truly know what people are doing in their secret lives. My family and I have been going to him for over 10 years and none of us could have ever imagined he was a dentist.

Now THAT was funny.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #241 on: August 30, 2022, 12:22:58 PM »

https://www.nhregister.com/shoreline/article/Dentist-was-lying-in-wait-for-woman-before-17407279.php?utm_campaign=nhregister_breakingnews_20220830&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email

Dentist was ‘lying in wait’ for woman before murder-suicide, Wethersfield chief says
Christine Dempsey
Aug. 30, 2022
Updated: Aug. 30, 2022 12:31 p.m.

WETHERSFIELD — A dentist from Branford who police say fatally shot a 21-year-old with whom he had a relationship was lying in wait for her, a police official said Tuesday.

Dr. Michael Mollow, 59, shot Caroline Anne Ashworth multiple times about 9:30 p.m. Saturday after she pulled into a condominium complex on Mountain Laurel Drive, police said. He then turned the gun on himself.

“It sounds like they were broken up, she was driving his vehicle,” Chief Rafael Medina said. “We believe that she was meeting another person. He was lying in wait.”

The new detail comes after a weekend that included a second shocking murder-suicide that police said also involved a professional pulling the trigger — a police sergeant.

About 20 hours after Ashworth’s and Mollow’s deaths, Avon police Sgt. Thomas “T.J.” Jacius fatally shot his wife, Doreen Jacius, in their East Granby home, police said. He, too, then took his own life.

Doreen Jacius was East Granby’s well-liked library director. The library is closed while townspeople mourn their loss. A vigil was held Monday evening in her honor.

The library’s staff and board of directors released a statement saying they are “shocked and devastated by the sudden loss.” Doreen Jacius was “beloved by us and the community,” they said.

Thomas Jacius had worked at the Avon Police Department nearly 24 years.

Caroline Ashford is originally from Houston, but has recently lived with Mollow on West Haycock Point Road in Branford, public records show. Mollow and his wife were divorced in 2021; he worked at North Branford Dental Group.

Medina said it appears the two have had trouble in their relationship lately. There is nothing illegal about their relationship despite the age difference of 38 years, he said, and “I don’t judge anyone.”

Check back for updates.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #242 on: September 03, 2022, 08:44:11 AM »
https://journaltimes.com/news/local/patient-sues-burlington-dentist-for-malpractice-alleges14-different-teeth-were-damaged/article_a67dafdc-28b0-11ed-aee4-f3fc2045d2e2.html?utm_source=journaltimes.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletter-templates%2Fnews-alert&utm_medium=PostUp&utm_content=6ac411950490f16426d5b5b93220467fd0b59d38

Scott Williams
BURLINGTON — Patrick Keese-Rath had neglected going to the dentist for years. But when he felt a molar break, he knew he could not put it off any longer.

At a friend’s suggestion, he walked into the offices of Dr. J. Charles Mesec, a dentist who has been treating patients in Burlington for more than 30 years.

What transpired next has led to a malpractice lawsuit with thousands of dollars at stake, based on allegations that Mesec bungled Keese-Rath’s treatment involving 14 different teeth.

State records show that Mesec had twice been reprimanded previously by the state licensing board, including an incident of botched patient care and an instance when Mesec was found practicing without a license.

Keese-Rath, 35, of Burlington, said he was surprised to learn of the dentist’s track record, after seeking out another provider to undo the mistakes that he believes Mesec made on his teeth.

Mesec, the proprietor of Burlington Family & Laser Dentistry, 240 N. Main St., could not be reached for comment.

Mesec and his co-defendant insurance companies are denying the allegations in the malpractice suit, which Keese-Rath filed this summer seeking at least $15,000 in damages.

The defendants have asserted in court that Keese-Rath himself might have been negligent, might have failed to mitigate his damages and might have assumed the risk involved in dental care.

The dispute is pending in Racine County Circuit Court with no trial date scheduled yet.

According to the suit, Keese-Rath went to Burlington Family & Laser Dentistry in 2018 and 2019 and received treatment from Mesec. The suit lists 14 different teeth where Keese-Rath had cavities or other issues requiring crowns or other treatment.

The suit alleges that Mesec was “negligent and careless” and that his work “fell below the standard of care of reasonable dentists.” Keese-Rath suffered painful and permanent injuries, as well as mental pain and anguish, the suit states.

Another dentist later told Keese-Rath that all of Mesec’s previous work needed to be “redone, reworked or otherwise fixed,” according to the suit. The cost of the resulting repairs was reported to exceed $15,000.

Before deciding to take the matter to court, Keese-Rath said in an interview, he approached Burlington Family & Laser Dentistry and asked for a full refund plus the cost of repair treatment by his new dentist.

Keese-Rath said he had paid Mesec’s business about $700 a month for at least two years, and that his total loss easily exceeded $20,000. Mesec initially seemed interested in settling the matter, Keese-Rath said, but then the dentist stopped communicating.

“He’s making me do this,” Keese-Rath said of the legal action.

Read the dentist's response
Listed as co-defendants are Burlington Family & Laser Dentistry, Cincinnati Insurance Co. and another unidentified insurance company. The suit seeks a finding of negligence and unspecified damages beyond the patient’s out-of-pocket costs.

Mesec, 64, has been treating patients in Burlington since approximately the mid-1980s.

Keese-Rath said he also approached the Wisconsin Dentistry Examining Board and discovered that the state licensing agency had twice previously reprimanded Mesec.

State records show that the board in 2011 found that Mesec had botched a patient’s treatment with faulty installation of a crown on a damaged tooth. Mesec’s license was limited for 90 days, and he was ordered to get new educational training.

In 2020, Mesec was reprimanded again after the state found that his license had expired and that he practiced dentistry without a license in October and November of 2019. Records show the licensing board determined that Mesec had “engaged in unprofessional conduct.”

Keese-Rath said his new dentist has done good work fixing Mesec’s mistakes and has tried to help resolve the issues stemming from Burlington Family & Laser Dentistry. Keese-Rath said he initially thought all dentists received the same training and all provided essentially the same level of care. Now, he said, “I’ve come to a realization that there is a difference.”

Getting closer to East Troy now.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #243 on: September 03, 2022, 08:47:04 AM »
https://journaltimes.com/news/local/patient-sues-burlington-dentist-for-malpractice-alleges14-different-teeth-were-damaged/article_a67dafdc-28b0-11ed-aee4-f3fc2045d2e2.html?utm_source=journaltimes.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletter-templates%2Fnews-alert&utm_medium=PostUp&utm_content=6ac411950490f16426d5b5b93220467fd0b59d38

Scott Williams
BURLINGTON — Patrick Keese-Rath had neglected going to the dentist for years. But when he felt a molar break, he knew he could not put it off any longer.

At a friend’s suggestion, he walked into the offices of Dr. J. Charles Mesec, a dentist who has been treating patients in Burlington for more than 30 years.

What transpired next has led to a malpractice lawsuit with thousands of dollars at stake, based on allegations that Mesec bungled Keese-Rath’s treatment involving 14 different teeth.

State records show that Mesec had twice been reprimanded previously by the state licensing board, including an incident of botched patient care and an instance when Mesec was found practicing without a license.

Keese-Rath, 35, of Burlington, said he was surprised to learn of the dentist’s track record, after seeking out another provider to undo the mistakes that he believes Mesec made on his teeth.

Mesec, the proprietor of Burlington Family & Laser Dentistry, 240 N. Main St., could not be reached for comment.

Mesec and his co-defendant insurance companies are denying the allegations in the malpractice suit, which Keese-Rath filed this summer seeking at least $15,000 in damages.

The defendants have asserted in court that Keese-Rath himself might have been negligent, might have failed to mitigate his damages and might have assumed the risk involved in dental care.

The dispute is pending in Racine County Circuit Court with no trial date scheduled yet.

According to the suit, Keese-Rath went to Burlington Family & Laser Dentistry in 2018 and 2019 and received treatment from Mesec. The suit lists 14 different teeth where Keese-Rath had cavities or other issues requiring crowns or other treatment.

The suit alleges that Mesec was “negligent and careless” and that his work “fell below the standard of care of reasonable dentists.” Keese-Rath suffered painful and permanent injuries, as well as mental pain and anguish, the suit states.

Another dentist later told Keese-Rath that all of Mesec’s previous work needed to be “redone, reworked or otherwise fixed,” according to the suit. The cost of the resulting repairs was reported to exceed $15,000.

Before deciding to take the matter to court, Keese-Rath said in an interview, he approached Burlington Family & Laser Dentistry and asked for a full refund plus the cost of repair treatment by his new dentist.

Keese-Rath said he had paid Mesec’s business about $700 a month for at least two years, and that his total loss easily exceeded $20,000. Mesec initially seemed interested in settling the matter, Keese-Rath said, but then the dentist stopped communicating.

“He’s making me do this,” Keese-Rath said of the legal action.

Read the dentist's response
Listed as co-defendants are Burlington Family & Laser Dentistry, Cincinnati Insurance Co. and another unidentified insurance company. The suit seeks a finding of negligence and unspecified damages beyond the patient’s out-of-pocket costs.

Mesec, 64, has been treating patients in Burlington since approximately the mid-1980s.

Keese-Rath said he also approached the Wisconsin Dentistry Examining Board and discovered that the state licensing agency had twice previously reprimanded Mesec.

State records show that the board in 2011 found that Mesec had botched a patient’s treatment with faulty installation of a crown on a damaged tooth. Mesec’s license was limited for 90 days, and he was ordered to get new educational training.

In 2020, Mesec was reprimanded again after the state found that his license had expired and that he practiced dentistry without a license in October and November of 2019. Records show the licensing board determined that Mesec had “engaged in unprofessional conduct.”

Keese-Rath said his new dentist has done good work fixing Mesec’s mistakes and has tried to help resolve the issues stemming from Burlington Family & Laser Dentistry. Keese-Rath said he initially thought all dentists received the same training and all provided essentially the same level of care. Now, he said, “I’ve come to a realization that there is a difference.”

Getting closer to East Troy now.

We need to build walls around dentists offices. 
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

MU82

• All American
« Reply #244 on: September 03, 2022, 10:02:21 AM »
We need to build walls around dentists offices.

And make the dentists pay for 'em.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #247 on: September 07, 2022, 05:59:28 PM »
At least he got probation 😡

Y'know, Unk ... rich white guys still can't catch a break in America!

Seriously, I don't know how these things work. Could she maybe file some kind of civil suit against this effen rapist?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #248 on: September 10, 2022, 07:13:14 PM »
This came up on one of my subreddits today:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/09/08/millionaire-dentist-jailed-wiping-smiles-faces-hundreds-patients/

Apparently this is an international epidemic
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #249 on: September 10, 2022, 08:20:55 PM »
We need more prisons for dentists.