collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: "Non-traditional" Pro Sports  (Read 2415 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: "Non-traditional" Pro Sports
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2022, 07:38:03 AM »
Lotta cornhole lovers here, aina?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2022, 06:31:23 AM »
I never understood the cricket thing... the English will admit that the only reason they attend cricket matches is that it's the only professional sport where alcohol is sold in the stands.  That plus a good nap. 

I can't believe Rugby is not mentioned.  For me it's the most exciting - especially union, which is the main international game - in the international format.  7's is a very exciting and fast paced variant of Rugby with it's own international series. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2022, 06:40:22 AM »
I never understood the cricket thing... the English will admit that the only reason they attend cricket matches is that it's the only professional sport where alcohol is sold in the stands.  That plus a good nap. 

I can't believe Rugby is not mentioned.  For me it's the most exciting - especially union, which is the main international game - in the international format.  7's is a very exciting and fast paced variant of Rugby with it's own international series.
I enjoy rugby. The 7's to me is for people with short attention spans. It's analogous to arena football. If it were longer, it would be more enjoyable to me.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2022, 07:44:13 AM »
I enjoy rugby. The 7's to me is for people with short attention spans. It's analogous to arena football. If it were longer, it would be more enjoyable to me.
Go to Hong Kong and watch the 7's world championship... the evidence that the games are just the right length is that the players are usually puking their guts out after the 2nd half.  Also, it is the premier venue for 7's, and when all 40,000 in Hong Kong Stadium are singing Sweet Caroline at halftime of the finals on Sunday afternoon it's a thing to behold. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2022, 07:49:49 AM »

They don’t sell beer at English soccer games? That’s nuts

I know they do in Germany. I went to a Bayern Munich game once and there was oceans of beer. It was like a wanna be Bradley Center
Bring back FFP!!!

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2022, 07:58:55 AM »
They don’t sell beer at English soccer games? That’s nuts

I know they do in Germany. I went to a Bayern Munich game once and there was oceans of beer. It was like a wanna be Bradley Center
At all professional sports in England except Cricket, you can buy beer in the concourse before the game and at the half.  You cannot buy beer in the stands nor take beer into the stands.  They had a few problems in the past...

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2022, 10:52:13 AM »
Go to Hong Kong and watch the 7's world championship... the evidence that the games are just the right length is that the players are usually puking their guts out after the 2nd half.  Also, it is the premier venue for 7's, and when all 40,000 in Hong Kong Stadium are singing Sweet Caroline at halftime of the finals on Sunday afternoon it's a thing to behold.

That could also be the humidity in HK...

Ive heard the 7s in HK is an absolute blast, but a stadium of people singing Sweet Caroline is my personal hell.  That song absolutely BLOWS

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2022, 10:58:10 AM »
I kinda like Caroline Wozniacki. Kool dat Neil Diamond sings 'bout her. aina?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 01:22:39 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2022, 10:59:42 AM »
Superstars.  Sundays on ABC.

They need to bring it back.
Have some patience, FFS.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2022, 12:58:07 PM »
Lotta cornhole lovers here, aina?

Speak for yourself bud.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2022, 01:02:35 PM »
Superstars.  Sundays on ABC.

They need to bring it back.
I seem to remember a reboot of this that was horrible. The original was great. Lynn Swann was the man! Didnt they have one episode back then that was Steelers v Cowboys. I think the Cowboys cheated on the obstacle.course and ran around the wall. Typical Cow oys BS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2022, 06:27:26 PM »
I seem to remember a reboot of this that was horrible. The original was great. Lynn Swann was the man! Didnt they have one episode back then that was Steelers v Cowboys. I think the Cowboys cheated on the obstacle.course and ran around the wall. Typical Cow oys BS.

Lynn Swan leapt over the high jump bar like it was a hurdle, where everyone else had to go over it head first and do a somersault on the landing pad.  It was awesome.

I believe you are talking about Team Superstars where they used to bring back the participants of that year's Super Bowl and World Series to compete

My personal fave moments - watching Joe Frazier almost drown in the 100-meter swim and shotputter Brian Oldfield vs. Lou Ferrigno in the weightlifting competition.

Have some patience, FFS.

feedback