collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Draft day 2022  (Read 12104 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Draft day 2022
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2022, 09:49:10 PM »
All the best WRs were off the board, and there wasn't a TE rated highly enough to take there. Take the highest-rated player on your board. I assume that's what GB did.

Plus it was a huge need. Their 2nd ILB was an undrafted FA. The 3rd guy was just bad who never got on the field and was a huge contributor on one of the worst Special Teams in recent memory.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2022, 09:51:41 PM »
Last 2 years they got beat up and knocked out of the playoffs by teams with 2 great inside backers. I think that played into the pick here at #22.

They should have figured that out after Jason Pierre-Paul came up here and beat them the first time in a big post season game.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2022, 09:51:50 PM »
I really like the Walker pick. He looks like a beast.  Add Dax Hill at 28 and I will be happy.  An elite defense.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2022, 09:53:49 PM »
The Packers have had a lot of success in the second round with WRs. I think they can still address the position even if they don’t pick one at 28.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2022, 09:57:25 PM »
Walker totally would have been there at 28.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2022, 10:01:52 PM »

The Packers obviously didn’t think so.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2022, 10:04:20 PM »
I really like the Walker pick. He looks like a beast.  Add Dax Hill at 28 and I will be happy.  An elite defense.

I hate the idea of a safety at 28 - but both starting safeties this year are probably in their last year in GB. They need to address it in this draft but there are some decent guys left in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2022, 10:17:44 PM »
ESPN really going heavy on the Rodgers reaction to the Packers not drafting a WR since pick 22.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2022, 10:19:11 PM »
Another Georgia Guy at 28. Should be solid.

Need to get WR or TE soon .
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2022, 10:23:51 PM »
All the best WRs were off the board, and there wasn't a TE rated highly enough to take there. Take the highest-rated player on your board. I assume that's what GB did.
If only there were a way to use their four picks in the first two rounds to move up for or trade for a receiver.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2022, 10:38:21 PM »
If it wasn't for the off the field stuff, I'd love the Wyatt pick.  Good at both run defense and pass rushing.  The type of 3-4 DE that Green Bay has missing for awhile.

But with Wyatt having some domestic incidents in his past, including one arrest for "family violence", I have some reservations.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2022, 10:40:18 PM »
If it wasn't for the off the field stuff, I'd love the Wyatt pick.  Good at both run defense and pass rushing.  The type of 3-4 DE that Green Bay has missing for awhile.

But with Wyatt having some domestic incidents in his past, including one arrest for "family violence", I have some reservations.

Going to be hard to root for with that in his past.

He's extremely talented and a guy that could absolutely wreck crap on this defense. But character matters.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2022, 10:43:05 PM »
Packers draft day 2:

WR, TE, S, OL, and Edge Rusher are the positions to watch.

I would imagine at least one WR.  Very likely a second pass catcher at WR/TE as well.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2022, 10:57:14 PM »
Still think there is a decent chance that Packers end up with Tyler Lockett.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2022, 11:10:41 PM »
If only there were a way to use their four picks in the first two rounds to move up for or trade for a receiver.

Yeah, I don't follow the Packers or know what's going through management's mind. I was just saying why they didn't draft a WR or TE at 22.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2022, 11:53:17 PM »
Yeah, I don't follow the Packers or know what's going through management's mind. I was just saying why they didn't draft a WR or TE at 22.

I wanted the Packers to grab a WR in this draft, but after the major run (6 drafted before 22), I'm kind of glad they didn't. I think one of the next two might still be available when they pick at 53, but it is risky.

I'd like to see them possibly package 53 and 92 to move up and grab Watson. If not, grab another Georgia guy (Pickens) towards the end of round 2.

Use the other 2nd round pick on a TE.

Double up on WR's by grabbing Khalil Shakir (can be very good out of the slot) or Tyquan Thorton (probably an upgrade to MVS as a deep threat) later on.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 11:56:51 PM by forgetful »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2022, 06:06:23 AM »
I wanted the Packers to grab a WR in this draft, but after the major run (6 drafted before 22), I'm kind of glad they didn't. I think one of the next two might still be available when they pick at 53, but it is risky.

I'd like to see them possibly package 53 and 92 to move up and grab Watson. If not, grab another Georgia guy (Pickens) towards the end of round 2.

Use the other 2nd round pick on a TE.

Double up on WR's by grabbing Khalil Shakir (can be very good out of the slot) or Tyquan Thorton (probably an upgrade to MVS as a deep threat) later on.

Christian Watson.  6'4, runs a 4.36.. has hands.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2022, 06:25:51 AM »
Packers draft grade so far is a F
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2022, 07:11:30 AM »

Doesn’t matter. If that’s the guy they wanted and the highest rated remaining on their board, you take him. They have to trust their own research not the dozens of so called experts.  The same thing was said about Alexander, Stokes, Gary. They all turned out pretty good.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2022, 07:14:10 AM »
Going to be hard to root for with that in his past.

He's extremely talented and a guy that could absolutely wreck crap on this defense. But character matters.

From what I heard it was one incident and the charges were dropped. Not a pattern of other problems. We will see, but they said they dug deep into his background and character and Gutey is a guy who typically doesn't take chances on bad guys.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2022, 07:24:31 AM »
From what I heard it was one incident and the charges were dropped. Not a pattern of other problems. We will see, but they said they dug deep into his background and character and Gutey is a guy who typically doesn't take chances on bad guys.

From the reading I’ve done it was kicking a door and yelling. I don’t believe he hit or injured anyone.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2022, 08:21:50 AM »
If the goal of first round is to get players who can immediately contribute, then by that standard the first round was a success .

Hopefully in round two and three the Packers can address their specific needs at WR and TE
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2022, 08:22:34 AM »
If the goal of first round is to get players who can immediately contribute, then by that standard the first round was a success .

Hopefully in round two and three the Packers can address their specific needs at WR and TE

Jordan Love agrees with this.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2022, 08:24:48 AM »
Pro Football Focus was not a fan of the Walker pick. Liked the Wyatt pick.

22. Green Bay Packers: LB Quay Walker, Georgia
Pick Grade: Poor
This was a reach in the eyes of PFF, who had Walker as the 45th-ranked player overall on the Big Board and LB4. The Georgia off-ball linebacker isn’t a downhill player in the run game, and he was still more of a reactor than a playmaker. On the bright side, he does have an elite physical profile. Walker is so good at wrapping defenders up with his near 80-inch wingspan. Throughout his collegiate career, Walker missed just seven tackles on 138 attempts.

28. Green Bay Packers: DI Devonte Wyatt, Georgia
Pick Grade: Good
Many expected Green Bay to break the “no wide receiver in the Round 1” streak, but they opted not to do so by grabbing PFF’s top-ranked interior defensive lineman, Devonte Wyatt. No Power Five interior defensive lineman earned a higher PFF grade in 2021. Wyatt also earned a grade above 80.0 both against the run and as a pass-rusher — something no other player at the position in the Power Five accomplished. The former Georgia Bulldog was the most impactful interior defender in the Power Five. That carried through the Senior Bowl, where he led all at the position in win rate during the one-on-ones.

The Athletic was just the opposite, giving the Walker pick a 'B' grade and Wyatt a 'C-'.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2022, 08:32:14 AM »
I think they Packer's scouting team and FO love guys who have great combines.

feedback