[Today at 02:32:03 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Coffee Advice for non-Coffee Drinker  (Read 2636 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: Coffee Advice for non-Coffee Drinker
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2022, 06:52:29 PM »
TAMU, you should know better about “making coffee”. Just ask Newsie.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2022, 09:59:01 AM »
JBM is very good but I think pure Kona Peaberry is better and generally not as expensive.  No one should ever buy Civet (Kofi Luwak) coffee beans.  There are a number of good Indonesian coffee beans where animals don't get tortured.

Holy cow Mugsy.  Kona peaberry is $88 per pound. Are you finding it cheaper?  That stuff should make you sh1t gold bricks for that cost.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 10:24:54 AM by real chili 83 »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2022, 12:07:32 PM »
Holy cow Mugsy.  Kona peaberry is $88 per pound. Are you finding it cheaper?  That stuff should make you sh1t gold bricks for that cost.

Yes.  One of my best friends has a home on the Big Island and is able to buy for me in bulk there because he has a business connection .  He gets 5lb bags for $200 from a smaller plantation.  $88 is a little high unless it's an organic farm.  Even with inflation.  Of the larger farms I like Pele Plantations or Waimea Coffee Conpany.

Something to also keep in mind with Kona coffees (including Kau Coffee) is you need considerably fewer beans assuming you use a French Press.  So the cost isn't quite as bad as I originally thought.  If I use say my auxiliary beans (ike a Nicaraguan or Tanzanian) I probably use at least 1/3 more beans than the Kona beans.  I prefer the Peaberry but many like the Kona Estate just as much. My overall point is you can justify the cost if you use a French Press or pour over.  Don't waste any in a drip unless you have company. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 12:11:58 PM by MuggsyB »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2022, 03:28:12 PM »
Pretty sure you misunderstood the code words for "Honey, I'd like some morning coffee".

Pretty sure he didn't.
Have some patience, FFS.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2022, 11:56:55 AM »
S&D coffee.
Bought now by Westrock.
Pretty good stuff.
Don't think you can go wrong.
https://shop.sdcoffeetea.com/

Blue Mountain also very good.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 12:01:51 PM by NCMUFan »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2022, 09:47:24 AM »
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I went with Rocky's suggestion of the Aevo milk frother for Mother's Day because Mrs. TAMU had specifically mentioning wanting a milk frother. I was going to get her a nice burr grinder for her birthday but had to call an audible because Mrs. TAMU's french press was cheap and was starting to let some grounds into the coffee. I ended up getting her the Cadillac of french presses. Mrs. TAMU was very pleased with both. Thank you for the assist!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback