[Today at 09:22:20 PM]

NIL Future by PointWarrior
[Today at 09:03:13 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: East Tennessee . West North Carolina  (Read 3144 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: East Tennessee . West North Carolina
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2022, 08:53:35 PM »
Anyone have any recommendations for decent restaurants or things to do in the area?  I'll be there this weekend into next week for a wedding.

Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg/Asheville and anything in between.

Thanks!
On the way to Ashville stop at  Harrahs in Cherokee. It is is a beautiful place with A mountain stream running through the middle of the place. Check to see if they have any events going on in the event Center. They have big time acts like Chris Rock etc 

You can then stop at Santas Land and see the Reindeer on the way . Also there are some tremendous tourist traps along the way to Ashville, Highest point in the Smokies etc.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2022, 09:36:50 PM »
Hards:

Asheville is fun on Friday and Saturday nights. The downtown square is alive with music and artists and all kinds of stuff. Great brewery scene in the city; Burial is my favorite.

Real good BBQ place - 12 Bones. It's an unpretentious place with picnic tables outside, but it's a favorite of visiting celebs for good reason. Delish.

And I would meet you if I could, but I'm umpiring too damn much youth baseball right now. Make a side trip to Charlotte, and I'll buy the first two rounds!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2022, 10:31:57 PM »
I know you were going to ask, so yes, it's my cousin's wedding.  And despite it taking place in East Tennessee, no I will not be invoking prima notcta.

Actually I was gong to tell you that Chattanooga was 2 and 1/2 hours away, but then I saw that someone else had already pointed that out.
Have some patience, FFS.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2022, 05:51:38 AM »
Actually I was gong to tell you that Chattanooga was 2 and 1/2 hours away, but then I saw that someone else had already pointed that out.

oh.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2022, 09:00:56 PM »
Of all you posters, only Sister Chick knows Tennessee geography. Heck, Chattanooga is ridiculously far away from the target area.

Skip Gatlinburg. It is the Wisconsin Dells of the South.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2022, 07:28:33 AM »
Pigeon Forge is worse.   The instantaneous transition to the national park is fascinating.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2022, 09:01:38 AM »
Pigeon Forge is worse.   The instantaneous transition to the national park is fascinating.

Yes. We always rented cabins in the Townsend area on the west side of the Smokies. No crowds and quick access to some of the best hiking trails in the park.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2022, 09:40:24 AM »
Yes. We always rented cabins in the Townsend area on the west side of the Smokies. No crowds and quick access to some of the best hiking trails in the park.

There is an amazing B&B in Sevierville called the Blue Mountain Mist Inn.  It's only a few minutes from Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, but you would never know it. Beautiful mountain views. clawfoot tubs, full country breakfast.
Have some patience, FFS.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2022, 11:19:59 AM »
There is an amazing B&B in Sevierville called the Blue Mountain Mist Inn.  It's only a few minutes from Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, but you would never know it. Beautiful mountain views. clawfoot tubs, full country breakfast.

We’d stay anywhere from 10-14 days every year when we went so a B&B wasn’t really an option. Renting a cabin with another couple at $250 per night was by far the cheapest option.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2022, 08:03:38 AM »
A decent time was had by all.  Some interesting tidbits. 
1. There was a car show in PF the weekend of the wedding, and it was 35 degrees outside.  Didn't make for an awesome outdoor wedding day.
2. We did Dolly's stampede, and it was as ridiculous as expected, but one of those things you HAVE to do because it is so obnoxious.
3. Spent half a day in Gatlinburg.  Most of the time was spent freezing our asses off at Anakeesta... which was okay.  Had some moonshine and beers.
4. Saw some elk on the road driving through the park, and took some cool pictures in the mountains.
5. Asheville is a cool city with far too many breweries.  I didn't think that could be a thing, but we stopped at 20 while we were in town.  The food is really good, and the Biltmore was amazing... Again, we had some rough weather, but the gardens were somewhat in bloom.  I will say that $80+ for an audio tour was obscene.  Especially considering I've paid half as much for longer tours of palaces in Europe.
6. Charlotte sucks, sorry 82. :)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2022, 06:19:09 PM »
Charlotte sucks, sorry 82. :)

No skin off my teeth, y'all. It's not like I get royalties every time somebody visits.

And we have twice as many breweries as Asheville does, so you'd really hate it!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2022, 06:58:33 PM »
Grove Park Inn in Asheville is up there with the Biltmore.
https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/asheville-grove-park?msclkid=eea045cac03b11ec90f1a80f2cc2bd07
I was married at Lake Junaluska near Waynesville and Maggie Valley. 
https://lakejunaluska.com/?msclkid=794883a2c03c11ec99b63ff02658c1d1

Have a great time!

feedback