[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022 Masters Thread  (Read 15816 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
2022 Masters Thread
« on: March 30, 2022, 08:51:13 PM »
Tiger is making an all out effort to play in The Masters

https://nypost.com/2022/03/30/rory-mciroy-tiger-woods-looked-great-at-masters-tune-up/

If Tiger does play, he will be in strong contention on Sunday afternoon, yet again.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: 2022 Masters Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 09:14:21 PM »
Here we go…
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 11:17:50 PM »

https://nypost.com/2022/03/30/rory-mciroy-tiger-woods-looked-great-at-masters-tune-up/

If Tiger does play, he will be in strong contention on Sunday afternoon, yet again.

Even you don't believe you.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2022, 05:41:54 AM »

it would be a Cinderella story
don't...don't don't don't don't

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2022, 04:20:39 PM »
it would be a Cinderella story

If Cinderella had a $1 billion dowry.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2022, 04:48:49 PM »
Look, 2019 was one a top-5 sports moment of mine, maybe even number one.

Buuuut, he ain’t winning another tournament in his career.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
            ---Al McGuire

Goose

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2022, 06:20:02 PM »
Chi town
As much as I love MU basketball, 2019 is in my top five and maybe top three of sports moments. I am going to The Open Championship this year and cannot wait to give my guy a big ovation. I remember vividly Jack in ‘86 and Tiger pushed Jack down my list, and that is saying a lot in my world.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2022, 07:32:45 PM »
I don’t understand why people like the guy. He’s not a good person. He was married and sleeping with anything that moved. Then he was found asleep behind the wheel of his car more drugged up than someone going through open heart surgery. And we’re really going to pretend he wasn’t high/and or drunk when he was going “between 82 and 86 MPH” in a 45 MPH zone and never hit his breaks before his single car car crash?

Cheating is between him and his wife. Definitely makes him an a hole. But drunk driving puts lives at risk. There’s no place for that.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2022, 08:48:41 PM »
Impaired driving to be accurate. His blood alcohol was 0.0.
Oh and he’s had complaints of a hostile work environment for women at his restaurant The Woods here in Jupiter.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2022, 04:03:00 AM »
I don’t understand why people like the guy. He’s not a good person. He was married and sleeping with anything that moved. Then he was found asleep behind the wheel of his car more drugged up than someone going through open heart surgery. And we’re really going to pretend he wasn’t high/and or drunk when he was going “between 82 and 86 MPH” in a 45 MPH zone and never hit his breaks before his single car car crash?

Cheating is between him and his wife. Definitely makes him an a hole. But drunk driving puts lives at risk. There’s no place for that.

Who are you talking about? This, literally, could be a description of any one of today's celebrities, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2022, 06:13:41 AM »
Very interesting what it takes for some celebrities to be vilified while others get labeled “my guy” by grown adults.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 06:17:43 AM by Clarissa »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2022, 07:38:49 AM »
fluff

I don't find it very interesting; I find it to be part of having the freedom to have your own opinion. We all have different thoughts and opinions and that is how life should be. There are plenty of people that have been my guy over the years, and many were likely vilified by other people. Al would be a perfect example of that. He was far from perfect, actually potentially very far from perfect, but IMO, his good outweighed his bad and he brought joy to me life.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 07:47:46 AM by Goose »

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2022, 08:19:10 AM »
fluff

I don't find it very interesting; I find it to be part of having the freedom to have your own opinion. We all have different thoughts and opinions and that is how life should be. There are plenty of people that have been my guy over the years, and many were likely vilified by other people. Al would be a perfect example of that. He was far from perfect, actually potentially very far from perfect, but IMO, his good outweighed his bad and he brought joy to me life.

You can have whatever opinion you want. I just find it to be interesting.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2022, 08:21:21 AM »
Tiger's win was amazing. It was a great TV event that I enjoyed at the time. I doubt it's in my top several dozen sports memories; for example, it's well behind numerous Marquette basketball memories for me. It's not even my top Tiger memory -- that putt on 16 would be No. 1. But I respect those who have it ranked higher, as it certainly was an incredible performance.

As for Tiger being a dirtball ... well sure, but if we start eliminating great moments by dirtballs, we'll have very few moments to remember fondly. I mean, Kirby Puckett's Game 6 in 1991 is one of my all-time memories ... and now we know he was a slimeball. But it still was a great performance to look back on -- one I happen to place well above Tiger's win (perhaps because I was there).

It's pretty easy to separate the performances from the dirtbaginess.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 08:31:33 AM by MU82 »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2022, 08:29:23 AM »

I’m in this picture.

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2022, 08:34:35 AM »
Tiger's win was amazing. It was a great TV event that I enjoyed at the time. I doubt it's in my top several dozen sports memories; for example, it's well behind numerous Marquette basketball memories for me. It's not even my top Tiger memory -- that putt on 16 would be No. 1. But I respect those who have it ranked higher, as it certainly was an incredible performance.

As for Tiger being a dirtball ... well sure, but if we start eliminating great moments by dirtballs, we'll have very few moments to remember fondly. I mean, Kirby Puckett's Game 6 in 1991 is one of my all-time memories ... and now we know he was a slimeball. But it still was a great performance to look back on -- one I happen to place well above Tiger's win (perhaps because I was there).

It's pretty easy to separate the performances from the dirtbaginess.

Yep yep.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2022, 08:40:17 AM »

It was a chip on 16, but that is high on my list of Tiger memories. There is no doubt that if we could only enjoy the good guys our moments to remember fondly would be a much shorter list. I kind of think the guys posting on character, or being a villain, might just being doing what they best, challenging for the sake of challenging.

I did not know Kirby was a slimeball and will do some digging on that. While I was not at that game, it definitely was extremely memorable, and I am going to try not to let the fact Kirby was a slimeball take away that moment.

Just curious, what would be a couple of your top sports memories? For me, aside from MU, Jack in '86, a ton of Tiger memories, virtually everything Jordan, virtually everything Tom Brady and everything Favre related. Favre's game after his Dad died is very high on my list. It is kind of sad, but aside from Jack, I have enjoyed a lot of slimeballs.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2022, 08:43:10 AM »
When you’re a fan, you compromise your morals and ethics quite a bit.  It’s the truth.  It doesn’t make any sense but it is what it is as they say. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2022, 08:44:58 AM »
Rico

I am looking forward to watching the slimeballs play the newly designed holes and especially looking forward to seeing how #11 plays with the changes. I think it needed some tweaking and I hope it is back to being a beast of a hole.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2022, 08:48:44 AM »
Rico

I am looking forward to watching the slimeballs play the newly designed holes and especially looking forward to seeing how #11 plays with the changes. I think it needed some tweaking and I hope it is back to being a beast of a hole.

When you stand behind the tee box at 11, it looked beastly enough to this hack.  The bailout way right that Tiger used in ‘19 should be gone.  Sounds like there will be more dramatic changes to the course in the next few years.  Also heard the second cut of “rough” will be gone this year, too.

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2022, 08:51:26 AM »
I love the accomplishments of guys like Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers but realize both of them are pretty crappy people who I would never call “my guy.”  That’s just weird.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2022, 08:52:37 AM »
When you stand behind the tee box at 11, it looked beastly enough to this hack.  The bailout way right that Tiger used in ‘19 should be gone.  Sounds like there will be more dramatic changes to the course in the next few years.  Also heard the second cut of “rough” will be gone this year, too.

This is correct. The water is back in play around 11. It’s going to likely be a long iron off the tee now.