[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022 Masters Thread  (Read 15764 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: 2022 Masters Thread
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2022, 06:07:37 PM »
The mention of Tiger's reckless behavior and putting lives at risk is definitely a fair conversation and I have no problem with that topic. On the other hand, a grade school friend of mine recently had a horrible tragedy in her life and their compassion brought me to tears. Her younger brother lost his wife late last year in a hit and run accident, with the driver ultimately being caught and having a drinking and driving history. At sentencing last week, the husband and his children asked the court to not sentence the driver to prison, but rather he undergoes a very strict rehab program, stiff probation and prison if he fails at his second chance. Their compassion and love for fellow human beings is something I will never forget.

great story goose!  if the driver is able to adhere to the new lease on life stipulations, they may have saved more lives indirectly than the very unfortunate loss of the loved one. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Goose

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2022, 06:15:41 PM »
rocket

And Bias cannot understand how someone can be a Tiger fan. I always love when someone has a bias to their tolerance.

By the way, who do you like in draft kings next week? I need a good week.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 06:19:27 PM by Goose »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2022, 07:23:28 PM »
rocket

And Bias cannot understand how someone can be a Tiger fan. I always love when someone has a bias to their tolerance.

By the way, who do you like in draft kings next week? I need a good week.

But you can't see the difference in your story and Tiger?  Tiger's most recent impaired and reckless driving happened well after his comeback and "rebirth".  And if many accounts are to be believed, there was significant covering up to make sure what occurred was not fully known.

Thats different than forgiving someone and giving them a strictly moderated second chance. 

I understand why people like him.  But I also understand why people can't stand him.  Both are perfectly justified for myriad reasons.  The only people I don't respect are those who say "golf is boring without Tiger".  They might as well just be spoonfed whatever Nike wants them to think.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2022, 07:34:30 PM »
Wags

Of course not exact apples to apples, but a guy killing a loved one after a history of poor decisions is more extreme than a cover up. My point is only a lot of people, myself included, are not perfect and throwing people away because of poor decisions is not in my thought process. I have no idea if Tiger is more good or bad, but I like to think the best of people. Call my weird.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2022, 07:43:28 PM »
Wags

Of course not exact apples to apples, but a guy killing a loved one after a history of poor decisions is more extreme than a cover up. My point is only a lot of people, myself included, are not perfect and throwing people away because of poor decisions is not in my thought process. I have no idea if Tiger is more good or bad, but I like to think the best of people. Call my weird.

I understand what you're saying. But it was good fortune that Tiger didn't kill anybody, and bad fortune the guy in your anecdote did. That's the only difference in the choices they made (or maybe addictions), really.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2022, 07:45:26 PM »
All humans are flawed.  Except me
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2022, 07:49:42 PM »
Goose just wants to root for “his guy” guilt free, cause he once gave him joy. Or something. Don’t make him think too much about this.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2022, 07:52:26 PM »

My post was only made because another poster could not understand how anyone could be a fan of Tiger. I saw a family that lived tragedy give a multiple offender a new lease on life and I applaud that.

Fluff
Another brilliant post.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2022, 08:03:44 PM »
Goose just wants to root for “his guy” guilt free, cause he once gave him joy. Or something. Don’t make him think too much about this.

I love Tiger Woods and know he’s a jag and been a terrible human for most of his life.  I hate Phil and know he’s a jag and been a terrible human for most of his life.  I’m not looking for guilt free enjoyment.

Looking back, Buzz was a bad dude but I don’t feel guilty rooting for his teams.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2022, 08:06:43 PM »
I love Tiger Woods and know he’s a jag and been a terrible human for most of his life.  I hate Phil and know he’s a jag and been a terrible human for most of his life.  I’m not looking for guilt free enjoyment.

Looking back, Buzz was a bad dude but I don’t feel guilty rooting for his teams.

Neither do I. But Buzz will never be “my guy.”  He was just the coach of my alma mater.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2022, 08:09:30 PM »
Rico

Seriously, why would you even address the stupidity of that post? I have no idea why someone would want to derail a nice thread on the Masters because he does not like me. It actually is sad, imo.

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2022, 08:17:18 PM »
Rico

Seriously, why would you even address the stupidity of that post? I have no idea why someone would want to derail a nice thread on the Masters because he does not like me. It actually is sad, imo.

😂😂😂  I don’t like you? I have no idea who you are. 😂😂😂

Goose

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2022, 08:23:58 PM »
fluff

I have zero idea what that post means, but obviously it is a good inside joke in your mind. I’m Joe, by the way. Now you know me.

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2022, 08:25:11 PM »
fluff

I have zero idea what that post means, but obviously it is a good inside joke in your mind. I’m Joe, by the way. Now you know me.

That’s quite alright Goose.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2022, 08:27:25 PM »
fluff

After reading your posts today, I understand why you are an introvert.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 08:30:22 PM by Goose »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2022, 10:47:52 PM »

My post was only made because another poster could not understand how anyone could be a fan of Tiger. I saw a family that lived tragedy give a multiple offender a new lease on life and I applaud that.

Understood. Have a good one.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2022, 12:17:22 AM »
Who's your pick?

I'm thinking Cameron Smith.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2022, 06:18:03 AM »
Solid pick, Muggsy. He is one of a few guys I might put a few bucks on to win the thing.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2022, 08:31:51 AM »
But you can't see the difference in your story and Tiger?  Tiger's most recent impaired and reckless driving happened well after his comeback and "rebirth".  And if many accounts are to be believed, there was significant covering up to make sure what occurred was not fully known.

Thats different than forgiving someone and giving them a strictly moderated second chance. 

I understand why people like him.  But I also understand why people can't stand him.  Both are perfectly justified for myriad reasons.  The only people I don't respect are those who say "golf is boring without Tiger".  They might as well just be spoonfed whatever Nike wants them to think.

here's the point-who did the cover-up?  very fortunate no one else got hurt.  he really owes no one an explanation.  as far as i'm concerned, tiger has made his amends regarding his past.  he has come A LONG WAY.  he is still golfs ambassador.  without him, golf struggles a little bit.  can't wait to see how his son develops.  just hope he doesn't have to bear the same pressures. 

my follow-up comment to goose' story was made regarding how far he has come sans 2/23/21

Goose

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2022, 09:08:49 AM »
I really enjoy the Drive, chip, putt contest to start the week off. Great storylines and a day that is great for the game. My middle granddaughter turns two next week and going to get her started this summer. I have played well over a thousand rounds with my Dad and kids, looking forward to getting the next generation started.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2022, 09:35:33 AM »
I really enjoy the Drive, chip, putt contest to start the week off. Great storylines and a day that is great for the game. My middle granddaughter turns two next week and going to get her started this summer. I have played well over a thousand rounds with my Dad and kids, looking forward to getting the next generation started.

There’s a little dude from our club 14 year old Cody goetzke from hartland wi great little guy!  Good luck at him!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2022, 09:38:29 AM »
rocket

That is awesome. I'll be pulling for the kid.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2022, 10:07:39 AM »
Who's your pick?

I'm thinking Cameron Smith.
That is a good call. Cameron has played well at Augusta in the past and has a lot of confidence from The Players win.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2022, 11:12:55 AM »
I like Cam a lot, he's been one of my favorites for years. I worry about him a little after The Players win, he can get a little distracted. That said, I have two futures bets that would be really nice if he won.

ESPN+ has all the Masters Films up.