[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by cheebs09
[Today at 04:00:16 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East Roster Updates  (Read 48903 times)

panda

• All American
Re: Big East Roster Updates
« Reply #300 on: August 19, 2022, 08:03:32 AM »

::) ::) ::)

So let's recap...

panda:  Here are my takes.

brew:  Your takes are bad

panda:  I didn't have those takes

<brew provides evidence of said takes>

panda:  Yeah those are my takes and I think they're great!

“Evidence” lol
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 08:06:33 AM by panda »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #301 on: August 19, 2022, 08:08:33 AM »
“Evidence” lol

So quotes showing you actually said things you claimed were "made up" isn't actually evidence?   :o :o :o
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

panda

• All American
« Reply #302 on: August 19, 2022, 10:15:12 AM »
So quotes showing you actually said things you claimed were "made up" isn't actually evidence?   :o :o :o

Misinterpreting and misunderstanding my points and quoting them isn’t some evidential magic bullet.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #303 on: August 19, 2022, 09:34:05 PM »
You sound like Bill Clinton quibbling over what the definition of is is.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

panda

• All American
« Reply #304 on: August 20, 2022, 06:44:01 AM »
You sound like Bill Clinton quibbling over what the definition of is is.

We can debate the impact of whether or not losing Rati is a plus, minus or negligible difference until next April. But I’m still not sure how you’re trying to contest how an extra available scholarship doesn’t give Creighton more recruiting flexibility moving forward.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #305 on: August 20, 2022, 08:36:02 AM »
Because they could've sent him packing in March 2023, which is the next time they will have meaningful transfer targets. I simply don't believe there's going to be many Deonte Burton types that transfer at midseason anymore with immediate eligibility. There's no significant difference between him leaving now and spring.

panda

• All American
« Reply #306 on: August 20, 2022, 08:55:22 AM »
I simply don't believe there's going to be many Deonte Burton types that transfer at midseason anymore with immediate eligibility.

Prove that for me :-)

They can also sell the open spot to recruits rather than prioritizing one guy over the other.

*also deonte didn’t immediately become eligible. He sat out second semester once transferring and first semester at isu. Not sure how new transfer rules will impact kid season guys
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 09:02:58 AM by panda »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #307 on: August 20, 2022, 09:29:51 AM »
Not sure how new transfer rules will impact kid season guys

There used to be an advantage to transferring mid-season, they could play a semester early. Now whether you transfer mid-season or in June, you are playing next November. Theoretically there will be a population of players who would have mid-season transferred before but now stick it out because they're no advantage to leaving early
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

panda

• All American
« Reply #308 on: August 20, 2022, 09:34:59 AM »
There used to be an advantage to transferring mid-season, they could play a semester early. Now whether you transfer mid-season or in June, you are playing next November. Theoretically there will be a population of players who would have mid-season transferred before but now stick it out because they're no advantage to leaving early

Did not know that thx tamu. When did that change ?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #309 on: August 20, 2022, 09:49:32 AM »
Did not know that thx tamu. When did that change ?

When all transfers turned to insta transfers last offseason
TAMU

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #310 on: August 20, 2022, 09:56:06 AM »
The benefit to transfer mid season is if you’re miserable where you are you might just want to move on ASAP. You can also jump in and practice with your new team and start building that chemistry 4 months earlier, get into their strength and conditioning program, build relationships, etc. Mid season transfers will be less prevalent. They won’t be extinct.

panda

• All American
« Reply #311 on: August 20, 2022, 10:01:43 AM »
When all transfers turned to insta transfers last offseason

Got it thx

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #312 on: August 20, 2022, 11:20:26 AM »
The benefit to transfer mid season is if you’re miserable where you are you might just want to move on ASAP. You can also jump in and practice with your new team and start building that chemistry 4 months earlier, get into their strength and conditioning program, build relationships, etc. Mid season transfers will be less prevalent. They won’t be extinct.

Yep,  they will always exist,  just less common
TAMU

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #313 on: August 20, 2022, 11:55:43 AM »
Because they could've sent him packing in March 2023, which is the next time they will have meaningful transfer targets. I simply don't believe there's going to be many Deonte Burton types that transfer at midseason anymore with immediate eligibility. There's no significant difference between him leaving now and spring.
Creighton signed an experienced guard from TCU , who is a good three point shooter. Who also happens to be tight with one of Creighton assistants . In addition they have Nembhard, Alexander , Scheireman and Sherrie Mitchell plus a lot of other guard recruits .Rati saw the hand writing on the wall and had a bird in the with a foreign deal .

https://gocreighton.com/news/2022/4/18/mens-basketball-adds-tcu-transfer-francisco-farabello.aspx#:~:text=%2D%2D%20TCU%20guard%20Francisco%20Farabello,from%20Ca%C3%B1ada%20de%20G%C3%B3mez%2C%20Argentina.

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #314 on: August 20, 2022, 06:30:08 PM »
So if everyone pans out, Farabello would take the O'Connell role, Scheierman the Hawkins role, and Rati...the exact same useful backup role as last year.

panda

• All American
« Reply #315 on: August 20, 2022, 07:44:56 PM »
So if everyone pans out, Farabello would take the O'Connell role, Scheierman the Hawkins role, and Rati...the exact same useful backup role as last year.

The only reason he started to see an increase in minutes was after Nembhard went down and he’s coming back this year. So they have two new guys coming into replace AOC and Hawkins plus bringing back Nembhard. Rati gets pushed back to his back end of the rotation spot that he played for 70% of last season.

They actually have a few solid freshman coming in which will afford them probably more depth and flexibility than what they had last season.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #316 on: August 20, 2022, 08:09:03 PM »
Schiererman is a 3 Point shooting guard who was invited to G League Combine versus Hawkins a 3/4 type rebounding player

Shereef Mitchell is healthy now . That gives their team 5 experienced guards .

I don’t think Rati , who I agree is a tough nosed defender, would have seen many minutes .
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #317 on: August 20, 2022, 08:24:55 PM »
The rationalizations are ridiculous. If Andronikishvili was so extraneous, why didn't they run him off in March when they could've actually used the scholarship? Because the staff wanted him around. Period.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #318 on: August 20, 2022, 09:21:40 PM »
I have little doubt this dude is getting significantly more attention here than he is even by Creighton’s fanbase.

Maybe if we argue on this for the next 2 weeks one of the parties will decide they had it wrong and change their mind!

panda

• All American
« Reply #319 on: August 21, 2022, 08:01:22 AM »
The rationalizations are ridiculous. If Andronikishvili was so extraneous, why didn't they run him off in March when they could've actually used the scholarship? Because the staff wanted him around. Period.

It’s not too far fetched to say lots of players on the roster are better than him.

I don’t believe the staff would run off a guy who seems to be a model citizen/teammate/hard worker. The more probable explanation is he saw how the rotations were shaping up, didn’t like where he stood, took advantage of an opportunity to go closer to home and play pro hoops.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #320 on: August 21, 2022, 08:04:36 AM »
It’s not too far fetched to say lots of players on the roster are better than him.

Which, again, wasn't your original argument, but OK...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

panda

• All American
« Reply #321 on: August 21, 2022, 08:19:19 AM »
Which, again, wasn't your original argument, but OK...

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #322 on: August 21, 2022, 08:26:13 AM »
::)

It really would have been easier for you just to exit the topic quietly instead of going on for days denying saying things that you clearly said, and claiming you said things that you clearly did not.

panda

• All American
« Reply #323 on: August 21, 2022, 08:33:11 AM »
::)

It really would have been easier for you just to exit the topic quietly instead of going on for days denying saying things that you clearly said, and claiming you said things that you clearly did not.

I wasn’t aware saying rati was replaceable in my first post and then going onto say other players are better is that much of mental gymnastics for you. Can’t say I’m surprised.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #324 on: August 21, 2022, 08:39:59 AM »
I wasn’t aware saying rati was replaceable in my first post and then going onto say other players are better is that much of mental gymnastics for you. Can’t say I’m surprised.

Of course you ignore all the inane statements you made in between, but that would require a bit of honestly when making your point.

Can't say I'm surprised.