[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Justin  (Read 187567 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Justin
« Reply #1450 on: June 24, 2022, 06:04:10 AM »
No surprise at all. Y'all can never see the elephant in the room and are always cock sure of your near sighted opinions.
Ultimate green weenie and definitely got a "guarantee," aina?

Let's get you to bed, grandpa.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #1451 on: June 24, 2022, 06:24:54 AM »
Meh, second round is only slightly better then a two way. Since a two way, the player gets a choice in teams, it’s all a wash for me.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1452 on: June 24, 2022, 06:28:01 AM »
Yes, no surprise at all when he is in every mock draft and talk he may sneak into the first round.  For a Marquette alum and fan, you sure like cheering against the success of your fellow Golden Eagles.

once again geeko, wrong take-doc ain't cheering anything.  just stating a real observation from the outside looking in with some real knowledge.  some of you here beat on the messengers with accurate takes ya hate but cheer on those who are wrong but love the same flavor ice cream.  no room for brain freeze here dude.   
don't...don't don't don't don't

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #1453 on: June 24, 2022, 06:28:10 AM »
Great grandpa
Goal is National Championship

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1454 on: June 24, 2022, 06:29:10 AM »

Bryan, until you've got your 8 miles of walking in this morning, you've got nothing worthwhile to say, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #1455 on: June 24, 2022, 06:29:46 AM »
Speaking of mocks. Y'all are so quick to mock anyone who holds a different opinion than those who shout the loudest. Hate has no home here, hey?
Same people who said no way no how Wojo was getting the boot!! We just need 15 years to judge then Wojo will FINALLY have his team!
All Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1456 on: June 24, 2022, 06:30:18 AM »
Meh, second round is only slightly better then a two way. Since a two way, the player gets a choice in teams, it’s all a wash for me.

exactly MU-this allows JL to be a free agent now and show a bunch of people wrong if he can.  i hope he does, but now it's mostly in his court
don't...don't don't don't don't

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #1457 on: June 24, 2022, 06:30:19 AM »
Speaking of mocks. Y'all are so quick to mock anyone who holds a different opinion than those who shout the loudest. Hate has no home here, hey?
Cry me a river, what a whiner.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1458 on: June 24, 2022, 06:35:12 AM »
No river needed. I hear Puerto Rico has an abundance of swamps, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1459 on: June 24, 2022, 06:40:24 AM »
Surprised for sure.   Don’t know what advice he got from who but wow.   I feel bad for Justin and wish he could come back.
assuming he spoke with Vander’s peeps
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1460 on: June 24, 2022, 06:41:55 AM »
  once again geeko, wrong take-doc ain't cheering anything.  just stating a real observation from the outside looking in with some real knowledge.  some of you here beat on the messengers with accurate takes ya hate but cheer on those who are wrong but love the same flavor ice cream.  no room for brain freeze here dude.

The hypocrisy is thick in this post
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1461 on: June 24, 2022, 06:43:47 AM »

Bryan, until you've got your 8 miles of walking in this morning, you've got nothing worthwhile to say, hey?

Nah, I just think it's awfully interesting the 'told ya so' birds that crow endlessly when they catch a lucky take, but when they're wrong they just walk away and never bring it up.

And then going further and pretending like anyone knows WHY Justin wasn't drafted is even more ridiculous.  Skipping 5 on 5s?  Sure, you old farts can talk up and down about it mattering, but it didn't.  There is two seasons of tape on Justin.  Mirror that with guys that are chosen from Europe who are barely scouted at all.  Reconcile that logic for me, please.  A couple of 5 on 5 pick up games without serious coaching is more important than two years of tape, and measurables?  Find me the NBA GM that would agree with you.

The fact of the matter is that the NBA drafts on POTENTIAL first, and body of work second.  These scouts KNOW they can get guys like Justin after the draft so why not take a flyer on a Euro kid who has the POTENTIAL (usually unknown) to be a star in a season or two?  There are a ton of Monday morning QBs who have their own (misguided) beliefs about why Justin wasn't drafted who threw a dart and predicted he wouldn't be.  Congrats, you guys were right, but your reasoning as to why he wasn't picked is absolutely faulty.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1462 on: June 24, 2022, 06:44:46 AM »

You still eating that horse paste and knocking down drugs not prescribed by a medical professional?

nyg

• All American
« Reply #1463 on: June 24, 2022, 07:07:36 AM »
When the other NBA teams started drafting the European players in the closing of round 2, with the analysts stating for each one, "This is a sign and stash away pick", I knew Justin was not getting drafted.  For him to drop like twenty picks from the mock drafts, no one on this board knows why.  I still believe it was his lack of ball handling skills/dribbling, but maybe he bombed the interviews, again no one here knows.

The good news for Justin is that Chicago had one draft pick and it was a point guard.  There are some players on the Bulls roster who will definitely be more worthy of a roster spot, but who knows.  I am sure Justin will play in the summer league and you can watch and observe how he plays. 

On other MU players:

Markus probably gone from Denver.  Over the last year Denver drafted and traded for numerous guards with his playing time being nothing.  Believe his two way contract is over.

Juan in same positioning GS as Markus.  Once Klay and Porter returned, he hardly played and GS has more picks last night.  His contract is also up. GS has some free agent payroll issues, maybe he gets lower salary, but don't see GS signing him to be a bench cheerleader. 

Theo John got an invite for Summer League with Minnesota.

Spirit Of James

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #1464 on: June 24, 2022, 07:14:51 AM »
Bulls are a good spot for him. Shaka and Billy are tight, are they not?

Yes they are definitely close.  Shaka brought the team down for a workout at the Bulls practice facility this year, and Billy addressed the team...assuming he was able to interact with Justin for a period of time at that practice.  IMO, this was the best possible outcome for Justin after not getting selected.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1465 on: June 24, 2022, 07:27:57 AM »
At the end of the day, we’ll all be cheering Justin on to have a long and successful career.  This, we can all agree on
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #1466 on: June 24, 2022, 07:32:19 AM »
No river needed. I hear Puerto Rico has an abundance of swamps, aina?
Old man triggered

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1467 on: June 24, 2022, 07:54:49 AM »
And then going further and pretending like anyone knows WHY Justin wasn't drafted is even more ridiculous.  Skipping 5 on 5s?  Sure, you old farts can talk up and down about it mattering, but it didn't.  There is two seasons of tape on Justin.  Mirror that with guys that are chosen from Europe who are barely scouted at all.  Reconcile that logic for me, please.  A couple of 5 on 5 pick up games without serious coaching is more important than two years of tape, and measurables?  Find me the NBA GM that would agree with you.

This is exactly it.  Hysterical that there are people here saying Justin made a mistake by not playing and what horrible advice he must've got to skip out on the scrimmages.  Teams aren't changing their opinion of you in a material way based on pick up games for a couple hours.  It might be the tiebreaker if a team is absolutely stumped between two players, but teams aren't going to ignore the tape they've watched on actual games, the discussions they've had with people around the kid, the interviews they've done with the kid, etc.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

panda

• All American
« Reply #1468 on: June 24, 2022, 08:09:49 AM »
This is exactly it.  Hysterical that there are people here saying Justin made a mistake by not playing and what horrible advice he must've got to skip out on the scrimmages.  Teams aren't changing their opinion of you in a material way based on pick up games for a couple hours.  It might be the tiebreaker if a team is absolutely stumped between two players, but teams aren't going to ignore the tape they've watched on actual games, the discussions they've had with people around the kid, the interviews they've done with the kid, etc.

I don’t think it’s that controversial to say the mid second round projection player with the knock he may not always be fully engaged probably shouldn’t have skipped a valuable portion of his job interview.

I’m by no means saying he made the wrong decision to leave mu, but opting out when he did didn’t help his cause.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1469 on: June 24, 2022, 08:11:55 AM »
I don’t think it’s that controversial to say the mid second round projection player with the knock he may not always be fully engaged probably shouldn’t have skipped a valuable portion of his job interview.

I’m by no means saying he made the wrong decision to leave mu, but opting out when he did didn’t help his cause.

I agree. It was a chance to show he’s taken feedback and applied it to his game. Or that some of the criticisms weren’t valid.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1470 on: June 24, 2022, 08:24:56 AM »

Jalen Williams and Andrew Nembhard sure seemed to help themselves by scrimmaging. They went 12 and 31.

No guarantee scrimmaging helps Justin's draft stock, but it sure couldn't have hurt.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #1471 on: June 24, 2022, 08:34:36 AM »
No surprise at all. Y'all can never see the elephant in the room and are always cock sure of your near sighted opinions.
Ultimate green weenie and definitely got a "guarantee," aina?

Hindsight 20/20 etc.

Where's your pre-draft post about said elephant?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1472 on: June 24, 2022, 08:37:51 AM »
Jalen Williams and Andrew Nembhard sure seemed to help themselves by scrimmaging. They went 12 and 31.

No guarantee scrimmaging helps Justin's draft stock, but it sure couldn't have hurt.

And by all accounts Scotty Pippen, Jr., Terquavion Smith, Trevion Williams, Dereon Seabron, Michael Foster, Kenneth Lofton, Jr., and John Butler were other scrimmage standouts.  None of these guys were drafted.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1473 on: June 24, 2022, 08:38:46 AM »
Maybe Lewis is happy with a two-way*. Had he scrimmaged and been disinterested, probably wouldn't have gotten that, aina?

three-way sounds better, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1474 on: June 24, 2022, 08:41:22 AM »
The hypocrisy is thick in this post

What else is new?

And his fellow tooth-puller with "some real knowledge" is the same guy who repeatedly demanded that the Bucks trade Giannis' azz midway through their championship season and said Milwaukee had no chance in the playoffs because they were a bunch of "smoes."

This is reasonable. I remain surprised that Justin didn't take part in the combine's live action without a solid guarantee from any teams (which it's now obvious he didn't have).

On a related note ...

Tough night for Big East players. Tyrese Martin was the only guy drafted, and that was late.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson