Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Justin  (Read 187670 times)

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
Justin
« on: March 18, 2022, 10:59:20 AM »
I’m sure this has been posted but what does everyone think about Justin and his probability of returning next year? I think there are serious holes in his game but maybe it’s the state of going to the NBA now where guys have serious holes in their game and will be first round picks.

I think we need him to get back to the big dance next year, maybe thats stating the obvious. I think he got into a little bit of hero ball mode, along with Morsell, which didn’t help anything. And that’s more than just yesterdays game. Our ball movement went down the past month.

I like
Kam
Tyler
Stevie
Justin
Oso
Omax
Plus any new additions as an OK core going in the next year. I’m just overthinking yesterday at work just curious on what you guys think the team will look like next year
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Justin
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 01:33:02 PM »
He not ready for primetime yet.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

panda

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 01:35:20 PM »
He needs at least two more years in college in order to prove any sort of worth to NBA scouts

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 02:15:58 PM »
When we get to the final four he will be ready.
It worked for D Wade.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2022, 02:18:34 PM »
When we get to the final four he will be ready.
It worked for D Wade.

Wade wouldn't have made it to the Final Four year if he had played today. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2022, 02:43:39 PM »
Does anybody here know Justin Lewis?

How has he liked his Marquette experience overall? Does he value learning in a college environment? Does he love his coaches and teammates? Are he and his family in good shape financially? Has he explored if he can earn real money in NIL next year? Is he simply ready for a change? Is he driven to want to make Marquette great next season? Is getting a degree, whether in the next few years or eventually, important to him? Do his family, friends and others he trusts to give him advice think he should stay or go? Has anybody connected with the NBA told him or his advisers what they think his prospects are? What has Shaka said to him about the subject in their conversations?

Until we have answers to at least some of those questions, it's all speculation.

Of course he's not "ready." At most, a handful of college players are "ready" for the NBA in a given year. Looking at this year's crop, I'm not sure a single one of them is really "ready." That's beside the point, so the people that keep saying Justin's not "ready" really need to educate themselves on how this all works.

My gut feeling is that he'll leave if he gets information that leads him to believe he'll be drafted, because that's generally how it works nowadays. He might even leave if he doesn't get that info if he feels he can make a good buck playing hoops.

But until we actually know the answers to most of those questions -- or at least a few of the most important ones -- it's just a bunch of folks on the interwebs making guesses. Present company included.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2022, 02:51:08 PM »
Brother MU is right on the money.

My opinions are strong but I haven't been engaged to judge talent by an NBA team nor am I sure I'd know what to do if I was. Until I plop myself down into an airplane seat next to a high level NBA scout, I'll avoid judgment.

Selfishly, I want him back. I think he is a major asset to Marquette University and to our team. We will go places with him at forward, especially if he grows like he did this year.

But I remember being 21 a long time ago and knowing what large amounts of money can mean to a life. Large amounts of money was something I did not have back then.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2022, 02:35:07 PM »
VIOLENCE!

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2022, 03:05:47 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CbYIcchpsG4/?utm_medium=copy_link

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!

Caption ends with a checkered flag and last picture is him getting on an airplane. Meaning he’s done at MU. Best of luck to the young man on his next stop.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2022, 03:08:00 PM »
He gowne.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2022, 02:55:30 PM »
Thanked Justin for getting us to the Big Dance and coming to Marquette. But want and hope Justin stays at Marquette 1 more year.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2022, 03:00:17 PM »
Thanked Justin for getting us to the Big Dance and coming to Marquette. But want and hope Justin stays at Marquette 1 more year.

Did you get any whispers on which way he’s leaning?

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2022, 03:15:03 PM »
Let him get invited to the NBA combine then he will know where he stands.  Garcia found out he Was not going to be drafted much like Kofi at Illinois you comeback

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2022, 03:24:01 PM »
Trust the process.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2022, 03:24:13 PM »
He's a good young talent but needs to improve his game a lot.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2022, 03:29:26 PM »
He's a good young talent but needs to improve his game a lot.

Which can be said of everyone picked outside the top 3-5 of every NBA draft.
The draft is about tools. Justin has tools. Whether they translate to a successful NBA career remains to be seen, but no team is going to shy away from a player because he's not a finished product or needs improvement.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 03:31:03 PM by Pakuni »

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2022, 03:29:35 PM »
I am more concerned that a team with a chance to make a run in the tourney tries to fill a missing piece for next year.  Say Duke, Kansas, UNC, Houston, etc.  We aren't just competing with the NBA anymore.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2022, 03:32:47 PM »
I am more concerned that a team with a chance to make a run in the tourney tries to fill a missing piece for next year.  Say Duke, Kansas, UNC, Houston, etc.  We aren't just competing with the NBA anymore.
Great point. I agree, except for Kansas, you've got to think the post season(s) ban is coming soon.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2022, 03:37:31 PM »
I've been assuming for awhile that he'd be gone, but I don't know anymore if that will be case.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2022, 03:39:14 PM »
Great point. I agree, except for Kansas, you've got to think the post season(s) ban is coming soon.

I don't know that Justin would want to go anywhere with an undefined role to start over.

He's the focal point at Marquette with a shot to be Big East PoY.  I imagine it's NBA or Marquette.
VIOLENCE!

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2022, 03:43:17 PM »
I don't know that Justin would want to go anywhere with an undefined role to start over.

He's the focal point at Marquette with a shot to be Big East PoY.  I imagine it's NBA or Marquette.

I agree with this analysis.  All indications are that he really likes his teammates and Shaka.  He probably still has contact with Dawson and can get some good input on how green the grass is (or isn't) over on the other side of the fence.

Having said that, I still think he's going pro.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2022, 03:48:11 PM »

He's going to be a focal point anywhere he goes if its its the NCAA.  I can pretty much guarantee you that if Justin declares for the draft, he'll be hearing from all the blue bloods.  Now if that interests Justin or not - I cannot say.  But I don't think its farfetched at all.   
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Superfan

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2022, 03:52:50 PM »
After watching many of the tourney games over the last week I realized how many big time players are out there.  Justin is a super player with a lot of talent who has made major strides in his game over the last year but I think at least one more year of college play is warranted.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2022, 04:05:34 PM »
He's going to be a focal point anywhere he goes if its its the NCAA.  I can pretty much guarantee you that if Justin declares for the draft, he'll be hearing from all the blue bloods.  Now if that interests Justin or not - I cannot say.  But I don't think its farfetched at all.

Thats just incorrect.

Hearing from Blue bloods and being the focal point on them all is much different.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2022, 04:09:29 PM »
Did Garcia think he was not going to even average 10 points a game at NC? Sure he thought he was going to be the man, did not happen

feedback