[Today at 05:22:31 AM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by 1SE
[Today at 03:36:17 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Shakahowski  (Read 33304 times)

Farley36

• All American
Re: Shakahowski
« Reply #250 on: March 28, 2022, 08:03:29 PM »
So you think St. Peter’s is better than Kentucky ?

I don’t think Kentucky has only made 3 tourneys in 10 years and flamed out badly in round 1 in all three.

panda

• All American
« Reply #251 on: March 28, 2022, 08:15:17 PM »
I don’t think Kentucky has only made 3 tourneys in 10 years and flamed out badly in round 1 in all three.

Nice deflection. Next question since you won’t answer that one. What does Wojo’s failures have to do with Shaka?

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #252 on: March 28, 2022, 08:48:20 PM »
Nice deflection. Next question since you won’t answer that one. What does Wojo’s failures have to do with Shaka?

Ironically, Shaka would really like all those deflections.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #253 on: March 28, 2022, 08:50:18 PM »
of course Farley doesn’t think St P is better than Blue. That’s not the point. I’d argue that Farley shows a passion for winning, or maybe more-so, a disgust of mediocre, of which we’ve been for a decade. I find that refreshing and wish more fans, alums, boosters had that attitude. Mediocre sucks.  Many on scoop just dance around in circles, take personal shots with keyboard bravado and seem to have a ‘i hope we're good’ approach. I suppose thats ultimately where it’s at…we hope we’re good. But at least Farley is direct…mediocre doesn’t cut it.  Seashells & Balloons was 45 damn yrs ago. Wojo did some positive things. For sure. We all agree enough winning was not one of them. But it’s been a decade since we’ve won a ncaa tourney game. Hence Farley’s take on things. Shaka? TBD (but that late season swoon was a revisionist stank.)

panda

• All American
« Reply #254 on: March 28, 2022, 09:12:32 PM »
of course Farley doesn’t think St P is better than Blue. That’s not the point. I’d argue that Farley shows a passion for winning, or maybe more-so, a disgust of mediocre, of which we’ve been for a decade. I find that refreshing and wish more fans, alums, boosters had that attitude. Mediocre sucks.  Many on scoop just dance around in circles, take personal shots with keyboard bravado and seem to have a ‘i hope we're good’ approach. I suppose thats ultimately where it’s at…we hope we’re good. But at least Farley is direct…mediocre doesn’t cut it.  Seashells & Balloons was 45 damn yrs ago. Wojo did some positive things. For sure. We all agree enough winning was not one of them. But it’s been a decade since we’ve won a ncaa tourney game. Hence Farley’s take on things. Shaka? TBD (but that late season swoon was a revisionist stank.)

That was exactly his point. One game defines a season which is why in his mind this year was a huge disappointment and just like seasons past with Wojo.

He of course doesn’t unders stand nuance and doesn’t care for logical discussion.

I hated the way season ended. It was a complete embarrassment and soured the season for me. It doesn’t make me feel better that UNC went on to make a run in the tournament. They still embarrassed us.

But —— I can still take a 40,000 foot view on the season and see that bringing together a totally new team with a lot of younger pieces still yielded a positive overall result.

Farley is just a moron who lumps Shaka in with Wojo because he’s frustrated.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #255 on: March 28, 2022, 09:49:33 PM »

The good news is that Farley said this:

I’m officially done caring about MU basketball.  Don’t care if they are good down the road.

He's proven that he no longer cares by making about 100 posts since then.

He also went from being one of the biggest Shaka cheerleaders on Scoop to being one of his biggest critics here, saying:

Shaka should probably be 1 and done

Adding ...

I was a big Shaka fan but I just don’t see it after today.

Of course, since then he's claimed he never suggested Shaka should be shown the door. (Right ... he said Shaka only "probably" should be shown the door.)

Farley says lots of things, mostly out of his arse.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #256 on: March 28, 2022, 10:25:51 PM »

The Kentucky question was irrelevant and a complete apples to oranges comparison.  It wasn’t worth answering.   

Shaka took over for a program that was a shadow of its former self.  While not his doing, he doesn’t have the luxury to take years to get it back to glory.  He knew what he was walking into when he took the job.  Should he be fired after one year?  No, but the clock is ticking and his seat will and should get hot quickly.  If next year is another end of season collapse with no tourney or another humiliating first round exit this his seat should be on fire.  MU doesn’t have the luxury to spend another 7 years hoping they got the right coach this time.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #257 on: March 28, 2022, 10:27:43 PM »
That was exactly his point. One game defines a season which is why in his mind this year was a huge disappointment and just like seasons past with Wojo.

He of course doesn’t unders stand nuance and doesn’t care for logical discussion.

I hated the way season ended. It was a complete embarrassment and soured the season for me. It doesn’t make me feel better that UNC went on to make a run in the tournament. They still embarrassed us.

But —— I can still take a 40,000 foot view on the season and see that bringing together a totally new team with a lot of younger pieces still yielded a positive overall result.

Farley is just a moron who lumps Shaka in with Wojo because he’s frustrated.

It wasn’t one game.  It was another end of year collapse followed by a 30+ point drubbing in the tournament.  Which of us doesn’t understand nuance? 

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #258 on: March 28, 2022, 10:29:16 PM »
The good news is that Farley said this:

He's proven that he no longer cares by making about 100 posts since then.

He also went from being one of the biggest Shaka cheerleaders on Scoop to being one of his biggest critics here, saying:

Adding ...

Of course, since then he's claimed he never suggested Shaka should be shown the door. (Right ... he said Shaka only "probably" should be shown the door.)

Farley says lots of things, mostly out of his arse.

I know you want to ask me to get married but I’ll say no.  Still it’s sweet how you save everything I wrote.  You’re a cute old man.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #259 on: March 28, 2022, 10:34:32 PM »
of course Farley doesn’t think St P is better than Blue. That’s not the point.

Well actually that is the whole point of the "crapshoot" meme. Judging a season on one game is dumb.

I’d argue that Farley shows a passion for winning, or maybe more-so, a disgust of mediocre, of which we’ve been for a decade. I find that refreshing and wish more fans, alums, boosters had that attitude. Mediocre sucks.  Many on scoop just dance around in circles, take personal shots with keyboard bravado and seem to have a ‘i hope we're good’ approach. I suppose thats ultimately where it’s at…we hope we’re good. But at least Farley is direct…mediocre doesn’t cut it.  Seashells & Balloons was 45 damn yrs ago. Wojo did some positive things. For sure. We all agree enough winning was not one of them. But it’s been a decade since we’ve won a ncaa tourney game. Hence Farley’s take on things. Shaka? TBD (but that late season swoon was a revisionist stank.)

Are you under the impression that our attitude has any impact on anything to do with MU basketball?

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #260 on: March 28, 2022, 10:38:34 PM »
I know you want to ask me to get married but I’ll say no.  Still it’s sweet how you save everything I wrote.  You’re a cute old man.

Nobody here needs to "save" anything; stuff is easy to find. I looked up your posting history. It took all of 3 minutes to expose you for the cute quitter and cute liar you are. Time well spent.

You never said Shaka should be fired ... except when you said it. You say you no longer care at all about Marquette basketball ... except when you do.

So, when's your next "look at me - I'm the expert!" post on the team you no longer care about and the coach you fellated in January but two months later decided should "probably" be canned?

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #261 on: March 28, 2022, 10:38:57 PM »
Well actually that is the whole point of the "crapshoot" meme. Judging a season on one game is dumb.

Are you under the impression that our attitude has any impact on anything to do with MU basketball?

Where did he say our attitude has an impact?  My thoughts that Putin is an pretty boy doesn’t impact his decision to wage warm and kill innocent people but it’s still the right thoughts for me have.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #262 on: March 28, 2022, 10:40:48 PM »
Nobody here needs to "save" anything; stuff is easy to find. I looked up your posting history. It took all of 3 minutes to expose you for the cute quitter and cute liar you are. Time well spent.

You never said Shaka should be fired ... except when you said it. You say you no longer care at all about Marquette basketball ... except when you do.

So, when's your next "look at me - I'm the expert!" post on the team you no longer care about and the coach you fellated in January but two months later decided should "probably" be canned?

Your crush on me is adorable.  I’m not into elderly men though.  Sorry.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #263 on: March 28, 2022, 10:43:33 PM »
Your crush on me is adorable.  I’m not into elderly men though.  Sorry.

Sorry, I don't dig quitters and liars. And I'm guessing no woman, either "elderly" or not, digs a lying quitter like you.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #264 on: March 28, 2022, 10:44:03 PM »
Where did he say our attitude has an impact?  My thoughts that Putin is an pretty boy doesn’t impact his decision to wage warm and kill innocent people but it’s still the right thoughts for me have.

You're comparing feelings for a dictator invading another country to the feelings of a bunch of mopes on a college basketball forum...
TAMU

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #265 on: March 28, 2022, 10:46:02 PM »
Sorry, I don't dig quitters and liars. And I'm guessing no woman, either "elderly" or not, digs a lying quitter like you.

😂😂😂  I just love the things I can make you do.  Look at how you’re embarrassing yourself.  I’m being ridiculous on purpose.  You can’t help yourself because I annoy you so much.   It’s just such fun.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #266 on: March 28, 2022, 10:47:07 PM »
You're comparing feelings for a dictator invading another country to the feelings of a bunch of mopes on a college basketball forum...

No, I’m saying that you can have an opinion on something without having to believe it somehow influences the thing you have an opinion on. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #267 on: March 28, 2022, 10:54:46 PM »
😂😂😂  I just love the things I can make you do.  Look at how you’re embarrassing yourself.  I’m being ridiculous on purpose.  You can’t help yourself because I annoy you so much.   It’s just such fun.

Yes ... you were purposely ridiculous when you said Shaka should be fired and that you no longer care about MU hoops! You didn't mean those things at all, even when you repeated them several times. 😂😂😂

Quitter, you don't annoy me or the other Scoopers who read your lies and dopey takes. We pity you for all the time you spend alone in mommy's basement whining about a college basketball team.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #268 on: March 28, 2022, 10:57:13 PM »
Yes ... you were purposely ridiculous when you said Shaka should be fired and that you no longer care about MU hoops! You didn't mean those things at all, even when you repeated them several times. 😂😂😂

Quitter, you don't annoy me or the other Scoopers who read your lies and dopey takes. We pity you for all the time you spend alone in mommy's basement whining about a college basketball team.

You’re hilarious.  The old man doth protest too much.   You should learn to relax and enjoy your golden years.   

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #269 on: March 28, 2022, 11:01:23 PM »
No, I’m saying that you can have an opinion on something without having to believe it somehow influences the thing you have an opinion on.

What you are missing is that you and Viper seem to have an issue with anyone who doesn't share your viewpoint. I assumed it was because you thought the fans who didn't agree with you were somehow part of the problem. If that's not the case then why does it bother you that some fans are more optimistic than you are?
TAMU

MU82

• All American
« Reply #270 on: March 28, 2022, 11:15:59 PM »
You’re hilarious.  The old man doth protest too much.   You should learn to relax and enjoy your golden years.   

Oh, I thoroughly enjoy reading your lies and clueless rants from mommy's basement, Quitter.

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #271 on: March 28, 2022, 11:18:42 PM »
What you are missing is that you and Viper seem to have an issue with anyone who doesn't share your viewpoint. I assumed it was because you thought the fans who didn't agree with you were somehow part of the problem. If that's not the case then why does it bother you that some fans are more optimistic than you are?

It probably shouldn’t bother me.  You’re right.  It does though because it just seems so many are willing to accept a once excellent program wasting away to irrelevance.  I’ve read so many excuses on this board over the past 5 years. 

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #272 on: March 28, 2022, 11:19:48 PM »
Oh, I thoroughly enjoy reading your lies and clueless rants from mommy's basement, Quitter.

Now you’re getting boring.  Try a new shtick occasionally.  🥱

MU82

• All American
« Reply #273 on: March 28, 2022, 11:24:37 PM »
Now you’re getting boring.  Try a new shtick occasionally.  🥱

Right back at ya, Quitter. 🥱🥱

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American