[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Shakahowski  (Read 33461 times)

Go Warriors

• Walk-On
Re: Shakahowski
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2022, 05:15:32 PM »
Violence…… LOL
Really?

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2022, 05:43:55 PM »
Shaka is proving to be who he's been the last several years at Texas. And Longhorn fans are probably chuckling to themselves after this mess.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2022, 05:46:56 PM »
Shaka is proving to be who he's been the last several years at Texas. And Longhorn fans are probably chuckling to themselves after this mess.

This is my fear.

MU would have a VERY difficult time recovering from 2 coaching misses in a row

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2022, 06:03:08 PM »
Oh FFS....relax and let's see how this progresses. 

The utter lack of perspective is mind-boggling.  And saying that doesn't excuse today's performance. 

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2022, 06:10:13 PM »

How is one rebuilding year proof of that? Everyone who was decent left. I’m honestly curious how this year can be compared to a guy having his own upper class men in a program.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2022, 06:15:18 PM »
This is the kind of performance that you don't come back from. Total and utter embarassment

Lol what kind of takes are these anyway? Tell me you don’t actually pay attention to college basketball without telling me you don’t pay attention to college basketball.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2022, 06:15:55 PM »
How is one rebuilding year proof of that? Everyone who was decent left. I’m honestly curious how this year can be compared to a guy having his own upper class men in a program.

It isn't.  Ignore the idiocy. 

Some of these turds will bitch about anything.

Today's performance is deserving of a ton of criticism.  The performance after the hot streak is as well.  Completely fair. 

The team also well-exceeded expectations this season.  There is plenty to be optimistic about going forward.  Let's see what the staff and the returning players, whoever they might be, have in store. 

I think the program is in good hands and look forward to what's next. 

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2022, 06:20:13 PM »
Oh FFS....relax and let's see how this progresses. 

The utter lack of perspective is mind-boggling.  And saying that doesn't excuse today's performance.

This right here.  Still hard to fathom how the team seemingly regressed so much down the stretch…

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2022, 06:21:15 PM »

Today's performance is deserving of a ton of criticism.  The performance after the hot streak is as well.  Completely fair. 

The team also well-exceeded expectations this season.  There is plenty to be optimistic about going forward.  Let's see what the staff and the returning players, whoever they might be, have in store. 

Bingo.

To them b****ing about today is boring, they have to b**** about years in the future.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

🏀

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2022, 06:31:49 PM »

Boomers are realizing their time is ending quickly, accelerated by COVID. They are used to getting their way by shouting the loudest, and the rest of the world isn’t listening.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2022, 06:38:40 PM »
Didn't get to watch with work commitments but woof, what the hell happened? No one get off the bus or what??  Man, we peaked way too early.
 Shaka sure has some recruiting work to do cuz that wasn't even competitive

Class71

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2022, 06:48:07 PM »
I do not remember Al making it to the NCAA in his first year. Oh, that's right he finished 8-18 in 1964, second year was 14-12. It took Al 3 years to get to the NIT and 4 years to get to the NCAA. From then on you know the rest of the story.

Point is beating UNC is no small task and making it to the NCAA is an accomplishment given early season predictions. I think it is far to early to compare this coach with Wojo.

Good things will happen but will not happen in 1 year.

⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2022, 06:49:42 PM »
Shakahowski. Love it.

What an embarrassment.

Gulp! Shaka has to wear this one, definitely a HUGE embarrassment, maybe his middle name is Steve #SSS
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2022, 07:02:43 PM »
I do not remember Al making it to the NCAA in his first year. Oh, that's right he finished 8-18 in 1964, second year was 14-12. It took Al 3 years to get to the NIT and 4 years to get to the NCAA. From then on you know the rest of the story.

Point is beating UNC is no small task and making it to the NCAA is an accomplishment given early season predictions. I think it is far to early to compare this coach with Wojo.

So, don't compare shaka to wojo. But do compare him to Al.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2022, 07:02:49 PM »
Bunch of little babies in here.
quite the contrary…it’s scoopers that hate getting ass kicked. Scoopers that want MU to be a big time, winning program.  We’re collectively little babies for finding a 30+ pt smoke job embarrassing? It’s a decade long ncaa tourney win drought. It’s not ok to question the garbage coaching of the past two months? Woj was weak, but Shaka hasn’t exactly instilled confidence that’s he’s better.  It’s like MU is in an endless rebuild.
Groundhog Day. Out

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2022, 07:08:00 PM »

Shaka does (or should get) a few years from MU fans to get things rolling. 

But to make comparisons to Al without much HC experience, or Wojo without any HC experience is disingenuous.   We hired a big name coach with lots of experience and some (fading) success to win in the near term.    And he just got absolutely blown out by a 1st year coach with no HC experience.

Further, the low "early season predictions" were because Shaka couldn't get enough talent for this year. 

Again, he'll get time.  But the coach is reproable for recruiting, and game planning.   

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2022, 07:09:50 PM »
quite the contrary…it’s scoopers that hate getting ass kicked. Scoopers that want MU to be a big time, winning program.  We’re collectively little babies for finding a 30+ pt smoke job embarrassing? It’s a decade long ncaa tourney win drought. It’s not ok to question the garbage coaching of the past two months? Woj was weak, but Shaka hasn’t exactly instilled confidence that’s he’s better.  It’s like MU is in an endless rebuild.
Groundhog Day. Out

More idiocy from you...shocking.

I hated how today went.  It was an embarrassing performance.  I also want Marquette to be a consistently excellent program. 

But these hot-take, perspective-free takes are absolutely just as embarrassing as today's performance.

You'd think actual adults with a degree from an excellent university should be able to handle today's disappointment in a much better way considering where this program was coming from and what the expectations were going into this season.  Not losing your sh*t over today's performance or the tough February doesn't equate to accepting mediocrity.

So yeah, you're a little, whiny bitch baby. 

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2022, 07:15:21 PM »
More idiocy from you...shocking.

I hated how today went.  It was an embarrassing performance.  I also want Marquette to be a consistently excellent program. 

But these hot-take, perspective-free takes are absolutely just as embarrassing as today's performance.

You'd think actual adults with a degree from an excellent university should be able to handle today's disappointment in a much better way considering where this program was coming from and what the expectations were going into this season.  Not losing your sh*t over today's performance or the tough February doesn't equate to accepting mediocrity.

So yeah, you're a little, whiny bitch baby.

What “perspective” should people have on this game?

You’re frustrated with the loss and taking it out on other posters.  That’s an immature, cowardly thing to do, but it is what it is.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2022, 07:17:03 PM »
You'd think actual adults with a degree from an excellent university should be able to handle today's disappointment in a much better way considering where this program was coming from and what the expectations were going into this season. 

I mean, we're "coming from" a 19pt loss as a 5 seed in the NCAA 2 tourneys ago (3 years ago).  So we're supposed to be happy with were we landed this year?  Eh.  Glad you've got sunshine for the masses today.  But probably better saved for another day. 

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2022, 07:21:15 PM »
Hey guys, have some perspective. We could be Georgetown. As long as we're not Georgetown we should be happy and anyone who thinks differently is a complete idiot.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2022, 07:22:10 PM »
What “perspective” should people have on this game?

You’re frustrated with the loss and taking it out on other posters.  That’s an immature, cowardly thing to do, but it is what it is.

I mean, we're "coming from" a 19pt loss as a 5 seed in the NCAA 2 tourneys ago (3 years ago).  So we're supposed to be happy with were we landed this year?  Eh.  Glad you've got sunshine for the masses today.  But probably better saved for another day. 

It's not perspective on the game.  There's no excuse for that kind of performance.

It's perspective on the season as a whole. 

No one is saying to be happy.  But losing your sh*t and completely overreacting on Shaka and the future of the program?  GTFOH.  Grow up. 

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2022, 07:25:03 PM »
It's not perspective on the game.  There's no excuse for that kind of performance.

It's perspective on the season as a whole. 

No one is saying to be happy.  But losing your sh*t and completely overreacting on Shaka and the future of the program?  GTFOH.  Grow up.
These idiots see us losing by 30 in the 1st half and are all like "oh no this is terrible!" What a bunch of losers.

The Rural Juror

• Walk-On
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2022, 07:26:40 PM »
This may seem pretty pointless to bring up, but the floor slap has got to go.  When has it worked for the team this year?  Not often, Shaka showed it right before NC took us to school.  It reminds me of Duke and Wojo too, not good.

it didn't work at Texas either:

https://youtu.be/UyO0HpTAkq0

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2022, 07:30:42 PM »
completely overreacting on Shaka 

This is where I'd like more clarity.  I'm certainly a Shaka skeptic - but willing to give him a few year (3 to be specific).  He hasn't won a tourney game as long as MU hasn't.  And has lost "badly" the past 2 years (don't tell me last years loss wasn't bad).  Sure he had a great regular season last year, but hadn't done enough the previous 5 to keep his job.

Is that an overreaction? If so, why should I have more optimism? 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2022, 07:37:54 PM »
These idiots see us losing by 30 in the 1st half and are all like "oh no this is terrible!" What a bunch of losers.

Comprehension helps.  There's a pretty distinct difference between being disgusted with this performance and letting it dictate everything you feel about the season and the state of the program moving forward.