[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2022 Transfer Portal Thread  (Read 219393 times)

Tha Hound

• All American
Re: 2022 Transfer Portal Thread
« Reply #425 on: March 30, 2022, 09:06:03 PM »
Florida, Auburn, Marquette, Ole Miss, Georgetown and Texas A&M have all reached out about NC State transfer  forward  Manny Bates.

Looks like he missed last season with a shoulder injury. Was a beast the year prior. Will be heavily sought after

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #426 on: March 30, 2022, 09:20:49 PM »
100%. I have a niece at Colorado. Definite eye-opener

Colorado would be the biggest culture shock of the group for sure....but after going to Hillsdale almost any other college would come with culture shock
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #427 on: March 30, 2022, 11:07:52 PM »
Shaka did well in the portal we don't need 5 new starters we have plenty of talent going forward most of our guys were playing there first year in the big east...just need to add a couple pieces and keep building on what we got

I have allowed many times that maybe the talent upgrade will come from within ... but we do need that upgrade, whether from within, from H.S. recruits or from transfers.

For example, Kolek was an OK Big East PG. We need better. He might be the "better" because he improves during the offseason ... or maybe somebody better will beat him out. Lather, rinse, repeat at every position.

But we do need better, and more of it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #428 on: March 30, 2022, 11:52:36 PM »
Duncan Robinson moved up from Division III to play at Michigan.  Worked out for Creighton bringing in Ryan Hawkins from DII.

Jimmy Butlers least favorite Heat member is from a d2 to d1 transition
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

EasyDuzIt

• Walk-On
« Reply #429 on: March 31, 2022, 12:20:54 AM »
I have allowed many times that maybe the talent upgrade will come from within ... but we do need that upgrade, whether from within, from H.S. recruits or from transfers.

For example, Kolek was an OK Big East PG. We need better. He might be the "better" because he improves during the offseason ... or maybe somebody better will beat him out. Lather, rinse, repeat at every position.

But we do need better, and more of it.

Ya absolutely I'm including our 3 committed players as well when i say we have good talent...Kolek will shoot better next year ...kam,stevie, joplin, Oso, O-max our only going to get better....we need some height and if justin leaves another forward or 2 to offset that loss

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #430 on: March 31, 2022, 09:14:17 AM »
Ya absolutely I'm including our 3 committed players as well when i say we have good talent...Kolek will shoot better next year ...kam,stevie, joplin, Oso, O-max our only going to get better....we need some height and if justin leaves another forward or 2 to offset that loss

The need for rebounding has been well documented for good reason.

However, there will be a much bigger glaring need if Justin leaves- scoring.
MU would be losing its top 2 scorers.

The team would then need to insert either one new 15-20ppg scorer, since I don’t see one on the roster for next year, OR find three to four guys to average in the 8-14ppg range.

Im counting on Kam to be a double digit scorer this upcoming season.
One could argue that’s the end of the list in full confidence.
However, I hope/expect OMax and David Joplin to be in this range. Might be one year early for Jop, but I think Shaka needs a huge step up from him in the scoring department in year two, which means his defense improves enough to stay on the court.
It might also be a bit optimistic for OMax, but many are much higher on him than I am so we will see.

Then there’s Kolek, Stevie, or an incoming pg. If Shaka managed to get double digit scoring from a single pg (or even combined from 2, say 7-8ppg from Kolek at the 1/2 and 10+ ppg combined from Stevie and Jones) then we might have our 4 scorers in the low double digit range.

Wildcards would be the bigs- Oso or a surprised find in Gold- or an incoming player.
I think Shaka realizes this need for scoring if Justin leaves, since it seems that outside of rebounding bigs he has also been sniffing around some pretty able scoring bigs.
Hopefully he gets one or two he wants

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #431 on: March 31, 2022, 09:26:41 AM »
"The team would then need to insert either one new 15-20ppg scorer, since I don’t see one on the roster for next year, OR find three to four guys to average in the 8-14ppg rang"

Too soon for "this team will routinely score in the 50s" prognostication by our experts?

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #432 on: March 31, 2022, 09:35:54 AM »
UNI transfer Noah Carter (@noah3carter) has a final 5 of Virginia Tech, Missouri, Marquette, Arkansas and Florida, he told @Stadium.

The 6-foot-6 sophomore averaged 15 points and 4.1 rebounds this past season and is one of the most coveted transfers out there.
VIOLENCE!

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #433 on: March 31, 2022, 09:37:36 AM »
Per Jeff Goodman, UNI transfer Noah Carter has us in his final 5 (along with VT, Mizzou, Florida, and ARK). 6'6 Sophomore averages 15 ppg and 4.1 rebounds.

Doesn't turn the ball over much, gets to the FT line and hits at a 79% clip.28% 3p% shooter.

This looks like a J-Lew replacement.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #434 on: March 31, 2022, 09:44:18 AM »
UNI transfer Noah Carter (@noah3carter) has a final 5 of Virginia Tech, Missouri, Marquette, Arkansas and Florida, he told @Stadium.

The 6-foot-6 sophomore averaged 15 points and 4.1 rebounds this past season and is one of the most coveted transfers out there.

Sign me up for him and Omier or Bates and let’s cook

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #435 on: March 31, 2022, 09:49:09 AM »
Per Jeff Goodman, UNI transfer Noah Carter has us in his final 5 (along with VT, Mizzou, Florida, and ARK). 6'6 Sophomore averages 15 ppg and 4.1 rebounds.

Doesn't turn the ball over much, gets to the FT line and hits at a 79% clip.28% 3p% shooter.

This looks like a J-Lew replacement.

I still think Justin stays one more year, but that makes for an interesting discussion..

Does a coach recruit expecting a player to be gone, or the opposite?  You'd think a coach would recruit under the impression that their fringe guys are leaving, but at the same time that might be difficult as well.

Tough job these coaches have.
VIOLENCE!

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #436 on: March 31, 2022, 09:56:47 AM »
Carter would be a very nice pickup.  Looking at his splits, he very much appeared to make a jump over the last month of the season.

JTJ3

• Team Captain
« Reply #437 on: March 31, 2022, 09:58:28 AM »
Carter makes sense if Justin is gone.  If Justin stays, that feels like a really weird fit.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #438 on: March 31, 2022, 10:08:17 AM »

This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #439 on: March 31, 2022, 10:14:45 AM »
If Jop had a hard time getting to the conditioning level Shaka wants, I worry about Carter in that regard.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #440 on: March 31, 2022, 10:18:45 AM »
Pass on Carter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #441 on: March 31, 2022, 10:31:19 AM »

I also think those you mentioned will improve. But I don't know that they will, or by how much. We need more very good players.

I'm wish I could be as certain as you are that Kolek's shooting will improve. Obviously, I hope it does. If he doesn't add scoring to his game, his minutes figure to decrease significantly; I'm sure he and Shaka already have an improvement plan in place on what he needs to do: go right more; float game; stop-and-pop game; hit open 3s. All easier said than done.

The need for rebounding has been well documented for good reason.

However, there will be a much bigger glaring need if Justin leaves- scoring.
MU would be losing its top 2 scorers.

Yes, on 3/31/22, scoring for 2022-23 is lacking. Shaka's paid the big bucks to get that figured out before next fall.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #442 on: March 31, 2022, 10:32:46 AM »

I think Carter is solid, but the way he plays is like an undersized center that rebounds because of circumstance not because he wants to.

Not quite sure on the fit.

Ideally the roster without be

Kolek/Jones/Ellis
Jones/Mitchell/Ross
Lewis/Joplin
OMax/Gold/Itejere
Transfer/Ighodaro
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 10:40:15 AM by GoldenEagles03 »
VIOLENCE!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #443 on: March 31, 2022, 10:48:51 AM »
Noah Carter
@noah3carter
Yessir God is good🙏🏼🤴🏽
Quote Tweet
Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
 · 1h

9:29 AM · Mar 31, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/noah3carter/status/1509538397538471942?cxt=HHwWjMC-gZfL-vIpAAAA

Mizzou fans seem to be rather fired up about him.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #444 on: March 31, 2022, 10:53:48 AM »
This is where the extra year of eligibility due to covid messes things up.

Noah Carter has played 3 years, but has 2 years of eligibility left.  I'd actually like Carter better if he only had one season of eligibility due to MU's need for 2023 scholarship spots.

If Lewis turns pro, Carter would be fine as a year stop gap (assuming MU couldn't land a better player, such as Taylor Funk).  Then replace Carter in 2023.  As a two year player, I'm hesitant. 

If three players are leaving, that changes things.  Then Carter makes a little more sense.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #445 on: March 31, 2022, 10:58:05 AM »
I think Carter is solid, but the way he plays is like an undersized center that rebounds because of circumstance not because he wants to.

Not quite sure on the fit.

I don't like the fit. He's a mediocre rebounder and poor shooter who gets most of his points in post-ups, which we rarely use. He isn't going to play the 5 here and he doesn't fit the mold as a Justin replacement. Our biggest need is a true big to replace Kuath, someone like Bates, Wague, even Omier or Wrightsil if we want to go undersized would work. Next up is a wing that can score in transition and hit the three, with guys like Cartier and Funk better fits than Carter, IMO.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #446 on: March 31, 2022, 11:09:11 AM »
I don't like the fit. He's a mediocre rebounder and poor shooter who gets most of his points in post-ups, which we rarely use. He isn't going to play the 5 here and he doesn't fit the mold as a Justin replacement. Our biggest need is a true big to replace Kuath, someone like Bates, Wague, even Omier or Wrightsil if we want to go undersized would work. Next up is a wing that can score in transition and hit the three, with guys like Cartier and Funk better fits than Carter, IMO.

Don’t like the fit either
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #447 on: March 31, 2022, 11:10:59 AM »
This is where the extra year of eligibility due to covid messes things up.

Noah Carter has played 3 years, but has 2 years of eligibility left.  I'd actually like Carter better if he only had one season of eligibility due to MU's need for 2023 scholarship spots.

If Lewis turns pro, Carter would be fine as a year stop gap (assuming MU couldn't land a better player, such as Taylor Funk).  Then replace Carter in 2023.  As a two year player, I'm hesitant. 

If three players are leaving, that changes things.  Then Carter makes a little more sense.

I disagree. 2 years is better than 1. I don't think you would be able to get a freshman with Carter's productivity.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #448 on: March 31, 2022, 11:14:37 AM »

I still think Justin will stay for 1 more, but if he doesn't the best replacement for him is already on the roster in Jop.

I agree a force down low is the biggest need.
VIOLENCE!

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #449 on: March 31, 2022, 11:33:06 AM »
I'd prefer no Carter
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....