[Today at 05:56:07 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: ESPN Bubble Watch  (Read 15977 times)

BLWarrior91

• All American
ESPN Bubble Watch
« on: February 17, 2022, 10:34:33 AM »
The bubble watch on ESPN is now only for ESPN+ subscribers.  Has anyone seen what our status is?  Do they have us in the “lock” category yet? 

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: ESPN Bubble Watch
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 10:37:30 AM »
The bubble watch on ESPN is now only for ESPN+ subscribers.  Has anyone seen what our status is?  Do they have us in the “lock” category yet?

If you have a Disney+ account you can log in using that fyi.

But they have us in "should be in" only PC and Nova are locks which is fair. Win this weekend and I think we'll be locked
Maigh Eo for Sam

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 10:40:50 AM »
Nova and Cooley & Company are the only locks so far. 

MU is “should be in”, along with UConn, Xavier, The Hall.

Creighton marked as “work to do”.  Let’s not let them do that work on Sunday. 

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 11:23:24 AM »
Nova and Cooley & Company are the only locks so far. 

MU is “should be in”, along with UConn, Xavier, The Hall.

Creighton marked as “work to do”.  Let’s not let them do that work on Sunday.

A little help from our Chicago friends tonight would be much appreciated. Yeah- if they take down Creighton tonight they are our friends for one night only.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 11:24:58 AM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 11:27:06 AM »
A little help from our Chicago friends tonight would be much appreciated. Yeah- if they take down Creighton tonight they are our friends for one night only.

I do not want to play Creighton after a loss to DePaul and we want our win against them to be a better looking win. I'd say go Creighton over DPU.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 11:29:18 AM »
I do not want to play Creighton after a loss to DePaul and we want our win against them to be a better looking win. I'd say go Creighton over DPU.

I have a feeling DePaul is gonna win tonight.  I hope I'm wrong.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2022, 11:30:52 AM »

Gotcha, but an L is an L. I get what you are saying though. I think we can have our cake and eat it too. Creighton going 0-2 tonight and vs. MU should secure our BE seeding.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2022, 11:32:51 AM »
Gotcha, but an L is an L. I get what you are saying though. I think we can have our cake and eat it too. Creighton going 0-2 tonight and vs. MU should secure our BE seeding.

4 seed vs. 5 seed doesn't matter in the BE tournament, unless you really like our white jerseys.

I'd rather Creighton get the win tonight and then we beat them on Sunday and pass them in the standings anyways.

Edit: plus the dream scenario for a potential BET run is PC 1, MU/CU at 4/5. UConn, Nova, X, SHU all on the other side. A CU win tonight and MU win Sunday makes that more likely.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 11:42:58 AM by BM1090 »

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2022, 11:41:06 AM »
Based on our success in the BET, I’m not worried too much about seeding. The biggest issue is not getting into 6/11 game which St. John’s helped us there last night. I’d prefer Creighton to be as high as possible in NET.

Hoping Shaka can have some success in the BET.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2022, 11:52:31 AM »
Based on our success in the BET, I’m not worried too much about seeding. The biggest issue is not getting into 6/11 game which St. John’s helped us there last night. I’d prefer Creighton to be as high as possible in NET.

Hoping Shaka can have some success in the BET.

If we base our hopes on MU’s recent performance in the BET, we won’t be playing long. So yeah - gotta hope Shaka can change that

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2022, 11:55:06 AM »
4 seed vs. 5 seed doesn't matter in the BE tournament, unless you really like our white jerseys.

I'd rather Creighton get the win tonight and then we beat them on Sunday and pass them in the standings anyways.

Edit: plus the dream scenario for a potential BET run is PC 1, MU/CU at 4/5. UConn, Nova, X, SHU all on the other side. A CU win tonight and MU win Sunday makes that more likely.

You, Galaway and Muggsy have convinced me that a DePaul win may not be in our best interests tonight after all. This is Scoop at its best vs. the childish pissing contests that are all too common. Creighton's remaining schedule has some tough games. Agree Big Time about UCONN being on the other side, as well as the others you listed.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2022, 01:03:45 PM »
This is correct
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2022, 01:06:36 PM »
You, Galaway and Muggsy have convinced me that a DePaul win may not be in our best interests tonight after all. This is Scoop at its best vs. the childish pissing contests that are all too common. Creighton's remaining schedule has some tough games. Agree Big Time about UCONN being on the other side, as well as the others you listed.
We want a 3 seed, this is one of our easier paths to a 3 seed a Creighton loss tonight.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2022, 01:07:31 PM »
We want a 3 seed, this is one of our easier paths to a 3 seed a Creighton loss tonight.

I want a 4 or 5 seed!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2022, 01:11:12 PM »
I want a 4 or 5 seed!
You want a suite?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2022, 01:25:55 PM »

We definitely want a Creighton win.

Solid chance that a Creighton loss to DePaul and then us at home drops them back out of the top 75 of the NET or at least in the absolute danger zone.

Which means 1. our win at Creighton moves to Q2 and 2. Our loss at home to Creighton is a damn Q3.

BET seeding? Blahhhhhhh. Metrics are way more important.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2022, 01:29:28 PM »
We definitely want a Creighton win.

Solid chance that a Creighton loss to DePaul and then us at home drops them back out of the top 75 of the NET or at least in the absolute danger zone.

Which means 1. our win at Creighton moves to Q2 and 2. Our loss at home to Creighton is a damn Q3.

BET seeding? Blahhhhhhh. Metrics are way more important.

I already walked this back.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2022, 01:32:05 PM »
I think we’re a lock. Lose out and go 17-14. Still safely in with no Dayton.

One more win is a stone cold lock though.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2022, 01:42:48 PM »

Marquette Golden Eagles

Shaka Smart's team had dropped three of four before the 11-point win at home over Georgetown, and, yes, the road loss at Butler was a surprise. Even so, the one win in that stretch was a 10-point victory at home over Villanova. Marquette is still the most accurate shooting team in Big East play by a fairly healthy margin. And the Golden Eagles are still earning a spot in the top half of mock brackets on the No. 7 line. There was a slight bump in the road in early February, but Marquette's still on track for a really nice seed in the Smart era's first year. (updated Feb. 16)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2022, 02:13:06 PM »

Why does that help us?  That really just makes it less likely 7 BE teams dance.

edit: had not caught up on thread yet to see the multiple rebuttals to this point, so apologize for pouring on.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 02:35:22 PM by JamilJaeJamailJrJuan »
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2022, 02:15:01 PM »
Bubble watch is for bubble teams, and we are not a bubble team.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2022, 02:23:56 PM »

Definitely out if we lose out. That'd give us at least 3, maybe 4 bad losses. But that's not going to happen.

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2022, 03:12:09 PM »
Bubble watch is for bubble teams, and we are not a bubble team.

I wanted to see if we were categorized as a lock.  I know we aren’t a bubble team. 

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2022, 03:12:53 PM »

Agreed!

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2022, 04:51:49 PM »
Jerry Palm has Marquette as an 8 seed playing Miami for the right to play Kansas in the Round of 32.
VIOLENCE!