[Today at 07:17:20 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[April 29, 2024, 10:20:04 PM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by tower912
[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: We're HOT  (Read 10250 times)

mileskishnish72

• All American
Re: We're HOT
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2022, 04:25:41 PM »
That team didn't have the chemistry this one does. God, let no one write a letter this year.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2022, 04:28:49 PM »
Yes
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2022, 04:29:10 PM »

I have put the previous coach in the rearview mirror and am enjoying the rebirth of the MU basketball program. This will be the greatest run of MU ball in nearly a half century. Previous good coaches learned on the job, we hired a homerun coach and only looking forward.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2022, 04:32:27 PM »

Goose - but Shaka “failed his first test”

ftp://

I have put the previous coach in the rearview mirror and am enjoying the rebirth of the MU basketball program. This will be the greatest run of MU ball in nearly a half century. Previous good coaches learned on the job, we hired a homerun coach and only looking forward.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2022, 04:32:58 PM »
That team didn't have the chemistry this one does. God, let no one write a letter this year.

LOL.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2022, 04:33:38 PM »
Point

He likely did a decade ago.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2022, 04:38:00 PM »
Too bad we are not playing UCLA and Buxky now

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2022, 04:59:14 PM »
And then flamed out down the stretch, thanks to Wojo-Dukiets incompetence.

Exactly what you posted about, 82. Pathological inability to enjoy this team.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2022, 05:02:10 PM »
Totally agree with you, Goose. The best is yet to come. So much fun!

Still, it's sad that some can't enjoy this coach and this year's team for their accomplishments, and instead have to frame everything in terms of previous coaches and teams.

When Shaka leads us to a third straight national title, some mopes will be screaming, "Eff you, Wojo!" instead of "We Are Marquette!" What an odd, sad obsession.

Completely agree, 82.

Let’s enjoy this ride, while it gets better and better!

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2022, 05:46:26 PM »
Again, the question was when is the last time MU was this hot.   The factual answer is 18-19.
No it’s not because we are hotter now. Thanks for running it through your fact checker, though.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 05:51:24 PM by 5DollarPitcher »

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2022, 05:55:51 PM »
Totally agree with you, Goose. The best is yet to come. So much fun!

Still, it's sad that some can't enjoy this coach and this year's team for their accomplishments, and instead have to frame everything in terms of previous coaches and teams.

When Shaka leads us to a third straight national title, some mopes will be screaming, "Eff you, Wojo!" instead of "We Are Marquette!" What an odd, sad obsession.
On the contrary my friend, I couldn’t possibly be enjoying this season any more:

1. The team is absolutely rolling - one of the teams you don’t want to see on your schedule. The style of play is ideal, the sideline energy, and general FF vibes are incredible. It’s been awesome.

AND

2. Every day we move on makes Wojo and anyone that defended or made excuses for him post-Year-5 look like the certified basketball illiterate rubes that they are. And it makes vocal Nojos like me look smart!  8-)

Thanks for coming to my TED talk. Enjoy the rest of the year 82.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2022, 05:57:22 PM »
Yes

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2022, 06:34:46 PM »
I wanted to mention something I saw today that I hadn’t seen yet this year.

OSA getting the ball near mid-court and making a move off the dribble to initiate the offense. He drove into the lane and fired a pass to Morsell wide open in the corner. Unfortunately DM moved just as the pass was being thrown and it ended up as a TO.

I wonder if we’re going to start seeing that look more when the big comes out on him.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2022, 06:40:57 PM »

OSA getting the ball near mid-court and making a move off the dribble to initiate the offense. He drove into the lane and fired a pass to Morsell wide open in the corner. Unfortunately DM moved just as the pass was being thrown and it ended up as a TO.

I wonder if we’re going to start seeing that look more when the big comes out on him.

I think they were just trying something new.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2022, 06:46:28 PM »
On the contrary my friend, I couldn’t possibly be enjoying this season any more:

1. The team is absolutely rolling - one of the teams you don’t want to see on your schedule. The style of play is ideal, the sideline energy, and general FF vibes are incredible. It’s been awesome.

AND

2. Every day we move on makes Wojo and anyone that defended or made excuses for him post-Year-5 look like the certified basketball illiterate rubes that they are. And it makes vocal Nojos like me look smart!  8-)

You don't look smart. You look obsessed. But at least you've stopped rooting for your own alma mater to lose, so I guess you've shown a little progress.

If you're really enjoying this team, start proving it with your posts.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2022, 06:54:31 PM »
You don't look smart. You look obsessed. But at least you've stopped rooting for your own alma mater to lose, so I guess you've shown a little progress.

If you're really enjoying this team, start proving it with your posts.
It’s not for you, 82! It never was.  :)

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2022, 07:10:47 PM »
We're "hot"...but a very basic look at shooting percentage shows that it likely isn't the result of shooting that will eventually regress to the mean.  Instead, their defense is getting better.  Defense and effort should travel...just need to continue to find the hot hands on offense.  We've seen a number of players step up, and the shooting/scoring from Greg, Morsell, and Lewis seems to be gaining consistency/reliability.  Damn this is fun.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2022, 07:12:43 PM »

AND

82 was a huge projo until the very end. He wants to get away from that as fast as possible. Let us have a year or two of fun for enduring the past 7 years.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2022, 07:23:14 PM »

Connect those dots for me.  How does Shaka winning prove anything about your opinions on Wojo? If Shaka had struggled,  would that have meant you were wrong?  Personally I'd say no. FWIW, you were right that Wojo wasn't going to improve, at least not during this stop. And you're preseason predictions for this season have been a lot better than the majority of us.

In a way,  the more Shaka wins,  the more it shows you were wrong.  I don't remember exactly when you started demanding that Wojo be fired but it was long before he was. If MU listened to you,  Shaka wouldn't be our coach.  It's possible we would've gotten someone as good or better,  or we could have ended up with a Wojo 2.0 or worse and sunk to Washington, Cal, or Georgetown levels. Odds say the latter was more likely,  there are simply more Wojos out there than Shakas.

Instead there were those who said he hadn't done enough to be fired (which is not exactly high praise). MU agreed and waited until it was the right time to move on,  when they knew they had the man they wanted waiting in the wings and that the absolute worst they were going to do was porter Moser who would have been a big upgrade (but I'm glad Shaka was the pick). That's how big boys make a coaching change. Firing a coach isn't about punishing a coach for the past,  is about doing what's best for the programs future. And from where we stand now,  MU came through in a big way.

Now let's just enjoy the ride and laugh at NolongerWarriors. We should be able to agree on both.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2022, 07:26:34 PM »
Yes

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2022, 07:34:45 PM »

MU ran that play twice today.  Once with OMAX and once with Oso.  OMAX fumbled and Oso kicked... Looks like it's new and designed to draw a foul on the opposing defender, pass to baseline cutter, or kick to weak side for a 3.  Both guys still tend to get going too fast and lose control a bit.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2022, 07:42:23 PM »
82 was a huge projo until the very end. He wants to get away from that as fast as possible. Let us have a year or two of fun for enduring the past 7 years.

The first sentence is false.

The second sentence is true because it's just stoopid to obsess about the previous regime when we have such a fun team to watch. The third is just silly.

Connect those dots for me.  How does Shaka winning prove anything about your opinions on Wojo? If Shaka had struggled,  would that have meant you were wrong?  Personally I'd say no. FWIW, you were right that Wojo wasn't going to improve, at least not during this stop. And you're preseason predictions for this season have been a lot better than the majority of us.

In a way,  the more Shaka wins,  the more it shows you were wrong.  I don't remember exactly when you started demanding that Wojo be fired but it was long before he was. If MU listened to you,  Shaka wouldn't be our coach.  It's possible we would've gotten someone as good or better,  or we could have ended up with a Wojo 2.0 or worse and sunk to Washington, Cal, or Georgetown levels. Odds say the latter was more likely,  there are simply more Wojos out there than Shakas.

Instead there were those who said he hadn't done enough to be fired (which is not exactly high praise). MU agreed and waited until it was the right time to move on,  when they knew they had the man they wanted waiting in the wings and that the absolute worst they were going to do was porter Moser who would have been a big upgrade (but I'm glad Shaka was the pick). That's how big boys make a coaching change. Firing a coach isn't about punishing a coach for the past,  is about doing what's best for the programs future. And from where we stand now,  MU came through in a big way.

Now let's just enjoy the ride and laugh at NolongerWarriors. We should be able to agree on both.

Yep. The Obsessed Nojos should thank their lucky stars that the previous MU coach wasn't fired the previous year and that the current MU coach couldn't beat Abilene Christian ... and then they should move on and appreciate this coach and team for what they are.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2022, 07:46:38 PM »

AND

Most here consider you a fool. You work way to hard proving them right.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2022, 09:20:47 PM »
Most fun I’ve had watching MU in awhile. Love this team.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2022, 09:34:32 PM »

My most convicted opinion was:
Wojo = not the guy
Next guy = maybe the guy

Maybe the guy > not the guy

Those are the only dots to connect. Anything else is just noise. I wasn’t all that convicted in the coaching search itself if I recall correctly.

feedback