[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: We're HOT  (Read 10249 times)

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Re: We're HOT
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2022, 09:38:09 PM »
Most here consider you a fool. You work way to hard proving them right.
What polling agency are you with, underwear brand?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2022, 10:59:34 PM »
My most convicted opinion was:
Wojo = not the guy
Next guy = maybe the guy

Maybe the guy > not the guy

Those are the only dots to connect. Anything else is just noise. I wasn’t all that convicted in the coaching search itself if I recall correctly.

I know you believe that to be true, but I don't think anyone had an issue with your message.

You were right that he wasn't the guy. MU fired him at the perfect time.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2022, 11:39:28 PM »
The first sentence is false.

The second sentence is true because it's just stoopid to obsess about the previous regime when we have such a fun team to watch. The third is just silly.

Yep. The Obsessed Nojos should thank their lucky stars that the previous MU coach wasn't fired the previous year and that the current MU coach couldn't beat Abilene Christian ... and then they should move on and appreciate this coach and team for what they are.

Agree with this. had MU not hired an established head coach with a pedigree for success we would not be in the position this year. The best decision was letting Wojo go knowing Shaka was coming.

I also don’t know of anyone who wouldn’t have taken Shaka over Wojo at any point.

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2022, 12:23:36 PM »
If people want to see what obsession actually looks like, there's a 25 page Hauser brothers thread in the superbar.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2022, 12:27:07 PM »
If people want to see what obsession actually looks like, there's a 25 page Hauser brothers thread in the superbar.
+1,000,000

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2022, 12:33:36 PM »

That’s a good idea, actually.  There should be an official former coaches thread in the superbar so topics here don’t get hijacked
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2022, 12:35:30 PM »
That’s a good idea, actually.  There should be an official former coaches thread in the superbar so topics here don’t get hijacked
I’m in for it. And maybe a “days since Wojo has been employed as head coach of a D1 program” tracker?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2022, 12:38:09 PM »
Yes

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2022, 01:01:02 PM »
Of course, the huge downside of all this winning is that MU is bolstering the BAGders NET. :'(
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2022, 01:07:54 PM »
Of course, the huge downside of all this winning is that MU is bolstering the BAGders NET. :'(
And they are doing us a favor by making themselves look like an excellent loss (rather than an OK one). I hate Bucky, too but not enough to care that us winning helps their resume.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2022, 02:10:33 PM »
Yes

I don't know if this is what you are going for, but this is what I imagine every time you post this:

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2022, 02:24:21 PM »

As one who contributes to that thread, OK that's fair, I won't deny I like to have fun at Vanilla Soft Serve's expense.

Then again, I do all my obsessing over the Hausers in the Hauser Obsession Thread in the Superbar. I don't take every thread on the Al, whether it's one of the postgame threads or it's about Shaka or Morsell or rebounding or recruiting or rankings or whatever and turn it into "let's take a shot at Joey."

I will be happy to start a "Beat The Hell Out Of Former Coaches" thread on the Superbar so the dozen or so Scoopers who like to turn every thread into an anti-Wojo screed have a place to gather.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2022, 02:49:32 PM »

Can we also add the former presidents' thread so every thread doesn't get double hijacked?

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2022, 03:02:54 PM »
As one who contributes to that thread, OK that's fair, I won't deny I like to have fun at Vanilla Soft Serve's expense.

Then again, I do all my obsessing over the Hausers in the Hauser Obsession Thread in the Superbar. I don't take every thread on the Al, whether it's one of the postgame threads or it's about Shaka or Morsell or rebounding or recruiting or rankings or whatever and turn it into "let's take a shot at Joey."

I will be happy to start a "Beat The Hell Out Of Former Coaches" thread on the Superbar so the dozen or so Scoopers who like to turn every thread into an anti-Wojo screed have a place to gather.
“My obsession is totally normal and rational”
“Your obsession is weird and shameful!”

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2022, 03:04:39 PM »
Can we also add the former presidents' thread so every thread doesn't get double hijacked?

Feels like that one has been avoided here for the new year pretty well *ducks*

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2022, 03:06:48 PM »
Feels like that one has been avoided here for the new year pretty well *ducks*

MU82

• All American
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2022, 03:08:23 PM »
“My obsession is totally normal and rational”
“Your obsession is weird and shameful!”

My obsession is limited to the thread dedicated to the obsession. Your obsession tries to take over every thread.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2022, 03:23:45 PM »
My obsession is limited to the thread dedicated to the obsession. Your obsession tries to take over every thread.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2022, 03:47:24 PM »
“I totally have a hold on my obsession. I’m responsible with it and keep it nice and contained and can stop any time I want. I just don’t want to! Leave me alone!”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2022, 04:09:14 PM »
“I totally have a hold on my obsession. I’m responsible with it and keep it nice and contained and can stop any time I want. I just don’t want to! Leave me alone!”

"I'm gonna root against my own alma mater because my entire college experience got ruined! Where's my trophy? Waaa!"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2022, 04:09:35 PM »
Yes

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2022, 04:23:25 PM »
"I'm gonna root against my own alma mater because my entire college experience got ruined! Where's my trophy? Waaa!"
“I graduated in 82 but it fulfills me to bash college kids that transferred away from beloved alma mater (while being coached by a guy I have backed myself into the corner on because he can’t win anything meaningful but I keep trotting out new defenses for him in a meaningless online forum) and now people online are calling my obsession weird and it’s making me even more defensive!

Waaaaaa!”

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2022, 04:23:58 PM »
Yes

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2022, 04:24:36 PM »
“I graduated in 82 but it fulfills me to bash college kids that transferred away from beloved alma mater (while being coached by a guy I have backed myself into the corner on because he can’t win anything meaningful but I keep trotting out new defenses for him in a meaningless online forum) and now people online are calling my obsession weird and it’s making me even more defensive!

Waaaaaa!”

You're not very good at this.  And please don't tell me you transferred because of the basketball program.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2022, 04:28:07 PM »

You're not very good at this.  And please don't tell me you transferred because of the basketball program.
Referring to 82’s bashing of the Hausers due to their transfers. You’re not very good at following the thread.

feedback