collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by JTJ3
[Today at 04:54:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine Misinformation  (Read 53432 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Vaccine Misinformation
« Reply #750 on: February 19, 2023, 07:12:02 PM »
serious question:

anyone here NOT come down with covid that they know of?

i've had the initial vax plus the follow-up, no booster

if i had covid, i was not aware of it.  the couple of times i wasn't feeling well, i tested negative and the malaise was short lived- 24 hours?  i haven't missed a day of work due to illness in multiple years

knock on wood
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #751 on: February 19, 2023, 08:03:42 PM »
To my knowledge I have not had covid - professional tested the couple times I traveled in the first year-ish.  Home tested any time I've felt "off" since. I've vax'd + boosted + boosted + boosted. 

reinko

• All American
« Reply #752 on: February 19, 2023, 08:04:15 PM »
rocket - to my knowledge I have not had covid - professional tested the couple times I traveled in the first year-ish.  Home tested any time I've felt "off" since. I've vax'd + boosted + boosted + boosted.

👆🏻

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #753 on: February 19, 2023, 08:10:37 PM »
👆🏻

Hah, though I've now realized I lied (not about having covid).  I actually a flew a ton in 2020 (some in 2021) within the continental US not feeling sick. Still don't think I ever had covid.  Though got every booster I was eligible for.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #754 on: February 19, 2023, 09:18:02 PM »
i flew quite a bit myself plus had my face in a lot of faces.  no one caught covid to the best of our knowledge within my office.  a few got it from outside the office.  we tested anytime someone had questionable S & S's  one of my hygienists got it from her mom who is a nurse.  an assistant got it from her husband who worked the YMCA.  another assistant got it at large family function.  other than that, we've been blessed

however, i had a dear sister in law, my wife's surrogate mother pass away last month from damage to her lungs from covid.  she was an 8 year survivor of a kidney transplant, diabetic and over weight.  1 month prior, she survived a bout of leukemia-her WBC rose to 50,000.  yes over 50k.  they put her on some med and to this day, the med staff could not believe they got her down to 9,000 within a week.  she caught covid from her son over Christmas.  recovered, but her lungs were badly damaged and could not exchange O2 sufficient for survival.  she was vaxed vaxed boosted and boosted.  too many comorbidities
don't...don't don't don't don't

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #755 on: February 19, 2023, 09:50:14 PM »
Have not had it, to the best of my knowledge. Know people who lost parents to it, and a former co-worker lost his wife, all in the first year. . Relative has long Covid, it’s no joke.
Please don’t jinx me.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #756 on: February 20, 2023, 05:43:55 AM »
Retired former co-workers, parishioners, distant relatives, people I ran calls on who died from COVID, my number is in the teens.   
Other than food poisoning, the first time I had it was the sickest I have felt as an adult.  For 9 days.  Sense of smell was wrecked for 18 months.   Still weird compared to pre-COVID, but at least I can smell most things.
     The second time I had it I treated it with cough drops.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU_B

• Walk-On
« Reply #757 on: February 20, 2023, 07:17:22 AM »
I've never had it that I'm aware of.  No shots.  Family all had it, i tested negative every time.
Willfully misinformed.

larrym

• Starter
« Reply #758 on: February 20, 2023, 09:35:09 AM »
I've never had it.  My 10yo son got a positive result on Thanksgiving morning 22, but the other 3 of us in the house didn't get it.  That was the first and only case in our house.  We're all max vaxxed.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #759 on: February 20, 2023, 09:36:35 AM »
I mistyped, it was a Hepatitis vaccine.

LOL

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #760 on: February 20, 2023, 10:06:39 AM »
I had a mild case last summer. Know multiple people who were hospitalized, lost parents, siblings, etc. Have one friend who lost her 30 year old son early in the pandemic. Just awful. Wife is dealing with mild, long Covid issues.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #761 on: February 20, 2023, 11:52:50 AM »
Had it last April. Painful, hacking cough and really heavy fatigue for about four days. Wasn't the sickest I've ever been but still wasn't a whole helluva lot of fun.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #762 on: February 20, 2023, 02:41:44 PM »
My wife is an RN who kept right on working through the worst of the pandemic. She's never had COVID that we know of. Been tested literally dozens of times, especially from late 2020 through mid 2022.

I've had it, as have other family members, as have all her co-workers, as have hundreds (or more) of her patients, etc etc.

My wife has received all of her shots and boosters, usually as soon as they became available. As statnik would say, that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that fully vaxxed and boosted people never get COVID.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #763 on: February 20, 2023, 02:51:44 PM »
Got it in October 2022 at a small convention with 12,000 of my closest friends. A week or so of coughing and exhaustion. Took a while to bounce back. Fully vaxxed and boosted.
Being the giver I am gave it to the Mrs. She handled it better.
Daughter got it at college. Cold like symptoms. Teen son attends a large high school and remains unscathed.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #764 on: February 20, 2023, 08:38:36 PM »
My wife is an RN who kept right on working through the worst of the pandemic. She's never had COVID that we know of. Been tested literally dozens of times, especially from late 2020 through mid 2022.

I've had it, as have other family members, as have all her co-workers, as have hundreds (or more) of her patients, etc etc.

My wife has received all of her shots and boosters, usually as soon as they became available. As statnik would say, that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that fully vaxxed and boosted people never get COVID.

At least I’m basing my thoughts on numerous anecdotes, not just one  ::)

🏀

• All American
« Reply #765 on: February 20, 2023, 08:52:41 PM »

Most conspiracy theories agree.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #766 on: February 20, 2023, 09:06:51 PM »
I know several people that have died of Covid. None vaxxed. But they were sure the vaccine was deadly.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #767 on: February 20, 2023, 09:20:58 PM »
The self-pantsing continues.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #768 on: February 21, 2023, 09:39:32 AM »
I had my annual physical and got the most recent booster on the reco of my primary.  He is borderline on new boosters, at this point, for those in good health, under 60, etc... But he said with a 5 month old at home, better to air on the side of caution.

So, I wish you all the best as I'm sure I will soon be shuffling off this mortal coil like countless other healthy athletic younger men who got the booster and then promptly died.  Its been a pleasure

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #769 on: February 21, 2023, 10:09:02 AM »
I had my annual physical and got the most recent booster on the reco of my primary.  He is borderline on new boosters, at this point, for those in good health, under 60, etc... But he said with a 5 month old at home, better to air on the side of caution.

So, I wish you all the best as I'm sure I will soon be shuffling off this mortal coil like countless other healthy athletic younger men who got the booster and then promptly died.  Its been a pleasure

I had my annual physical in December and my primary doctor rec'd getting the second booster also.  I know I'm going to Asia at some point this year for work, so I was waiting until I had more clarity when and then will schedule.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #770 on: February 21, 2023, 10:17:46 AM »

Thoughts & prayers

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #771 on: February 23, 2023, 09:17:22 AM »
Wife, kids and I all fully vaxxed. All have had it except me. One daughter still dealing with long Covid.

I know 5 people who have died from Covid. All fully vaxxed but had one or more comorbidities.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #772 on: February 23, 2023, 09:41:39 AM »
Wife, kids and I all fully vaxxed. All have had it except me. One daughter still dealing with long Covid.

I know 5 people who have died from Covid. All fully vaxxed but had one or more comorbidities.

That's a lot Lenny. I'm sorry for your losses. Really sad.

Was this before the rollout of Paxlovid? My mom probably owes her life to that drug. She was vaxxed, but had several comorbities, and was in a really bad way for a couple days. The Paxlovid knocked it out in 48 hours. She got a rebound case after the course of the drug but it was incredibly mild compared to the original. I really think it was a lifesaver. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #773 on: February 23, 2023, 09:48:01 AM »

Only about 10 behind me.   All pre-vax or anti-vax.   Nobody close to me has died from COVID after being vaxxed.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #774 on: February 23, 2023, 10:35:33 AM »
Only about 10 behind me.   All pre-vax or anti-vax.   Nobody close to me has died from COVID after being vaxxed.

Are you counting the ones who died from the vaccine itself?